Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on June 29, 2008
I have a 3 & 5 year old and found really very little that would be of assistance to help them stay busy on a car trip. This is more of a hands on book for older kids with puzzles, mazes, word games, etc. Reading is definitely a must. I would say it'd be a help with any child over 7 who has a basic reading knowledge, and can follow written instructions.
Truth be told, my kids did not like this book as much as the Rand McNally travel activity book - but that said, it's mostly attributed to the fact that they are on the younger end of the spectrum regarding the age limit on this book. My kids are 6 and 7 respectively, and they noted that it was a lot of writing in there, and while they could read it just fine, they expected more activities in there. My nephew however, loved the book. He enjoyed the random facts, the road games, and the "before travel" tips such as suggesting items to pack featured in the book. He also noted that it would've been nice to have more "written" activities in the book, but was okay with the given selection. This book would definitely benefit kids who are independently reading, don't get carsick while reading, and who have other adults/kids in the car to engage with for many of the activities in the book. If you're looking have your kid sit quietly in the backseat with a book, this is likely not the best bet for you, as many of the activities involve talking with other people in the car - we like engaging with our family while driving, so this was a very fun book.
on October 25, 2012
I bought this book for my 7 year old to use on our 10 hour road trip. She loved it and I loved it because apart from being entertaining it was educational too! It taught her different facts from each of the 50 states, she learned new songs and overall enjoyed reading through it. We're very happy with this purchase.
on March 14, 2012
The kids at first thought this was "dumb" but after a while in the car they finally took a look. They were entertained for the trip and it engaged us all in activities as we drove.
VINE VOICEon July 7, 2014
Very fun read for a long road trip. There were some awesome tips and small easy games to do while driving cross country, Would recommend for ages 10 and up. some of the games were a little more daunting for younger kids with less of an attention span.
on February 17, 2013
Love this! I bought it for my 7 year old grandson and he loves it! We went on a trip not long ago and he spent most of his time with that book. So glad I purchased it!
on April 27, 2013
this book was great to have on our long trip.
There were games to play with kids and adults, and stories to read, joke to tell
on August 23, 2009
Two of our grandchildren were to accompany their parents on a cross-country trip which was to include a number of days driving various rental cars. The books afforded them the opportunity to both occupy themselves and to interact with each other and their parents.
on February 10, 2010
We travel quite a bit and yes, we have a DVD player in the car, but I hate the idea of my children watching it for hours on end. This book has such great ideas to make road trips fun. It's written for kids, but my children are young so I used it to entertain them. Our last trip seemed quick and so fun!
on May 17, 2009
I bought this book for my kids several years ago on a long car ride and just recommended it to my sister-in-law for her long summer trip with her kids. Lots of great ideas to keep the kids occupied and fun learning experiences such as remembering to eat healthy, keeping track of mileage, state facts, etc.