From the Back Cover
Use this amazingly practical and powerful Microsoft Office application like a pro with help from this all-inclusive guide. You’ll learn how to design and customize electronic forms and easily integrate form data into a wide variety of systems and applications. Create simple to complex forms and master the built-in formatting options including layout tables, borders, color schemes, and more. Filled with step-by-step essentials and real-world examples, this book shows you how to take full advantage of InfoPath’s key features so you can save time and streamline the information-gathering process.
- Learn the basic components of an XML document
- Complete, print, save, and distribute electronic forms
- Customize existing forms and create new ones effortlessly and accurately
- Work with forms from both a developer’s and a user’s perspective
- Connect and submit data to existing databases and Web services
- Insert graphics and hyperlinks to improve form appearance and functionality
- Use layout tables, views, and color schemes to organize and display business data effectively
- Ensure data quality by using built-in validation features
Davis McAmis is an IT consultant, journalist, author, and expert in business intelligence and information management. He has written seven best-selling books including Crystal Reports: A Beginner’s Guide, and is a regular contributor to several computer magazines and trade journals.
About the Author
David McAmis (Surry Hills, New South Wales, Australia) is an IT consultant, journalist and author. His work has appeared in computer magazines and trade journals, and he is a regular contributor to: Access-Office-VB Advisor, Advisor Expert: Exchange & Outlook, Component Advisor, Developer's Review, E-Business Advisor, Enterprise Development, Exchange/Outlook Magazine, Internet.au, Intranet Design Magazine, Outrage and Visual Basic Programmer’s Journal. McAmis works as an IT consultant for C3 Consulting, a Sydney-based consulting firm implementing business intelligence solutions across large-scale ERP systems. Prior to joining C3, McAmis served as Consulting Services Manager for Brilliant Training & Consulting, an IT services provider serving the Pacific Rim. He has also held the position of Vice-President of the BridgeBuilder Company, a software training and consulting company in North America. He is an expert in the field of business intelligence and is a frequent conference speaker.