5.0 out of 5 stars Grab Your Highlighter
Teachers of organization classes recommend this book to their students to help them get their life in order.
Published on April 3, 2007 by Marina Kushner

1.0 out of 5 stars pass on this one!!
I was really disappointed in the content of this book. The book
Published on May 19, 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars pass on this one!!, May 19, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Everything Organize Your Home Book: Straighten Up the Entire House, from Cleaning Your Closets to Rerorganizing Your Kitchen (Everything Series) (Paperback)
I was really disappointed in the content of this book. The book
was not very family friendly. A lot of the material reviewed was common knowledge. The only highlights were the web sites and phone numbers for stores that specialize in storage space. The book was not very practical. How many people in real life are going to hire an expert to help with organizing our homes?
I think that this author may have insight on how to help with basic organization. However, if you are a mother who needs advise on how to manage organizing your house while working, cooking, cleaning and spending time with your family I would pass on this one. Unless of course you want to hire an expert to remodel your kitchen for 22,000 dollars. (This was one of the options for organizing your kitchen.) I just need help on how to keep my kitchen drawers clean!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Time, August 5, 2002
By A Customer
This book reads as a 280 page advertisement for various online organizing and storage retailers. They also throw in such helpful hints such as: fold your clean towels before putting them in the linen closet and keep a pad and paper next to the phone for messages. I finished the book mostly for the amusement factor. I still don't know what they intended by their suggestion that we store our HAIR in the cabinet under the bathroom sink! Don't waste your time or money on this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't already know this stuff?, November 12, 2003
By A Customer
There isn't much in this book that benefits real people. It reads like a catalog for online resources and household items ("Yes, this stuff really works as advertised!"). It also leans heavily toward people who are building their homes from the ground up. The rest is just obvious common sense ("if two people are sharing a dresser, each person should have his or her own drawers"). The only somewhat redeeming chapter is "Taking Charge of Your Day", which attempts to help maximize time spent during the day through priortization. Again, mostly common sense advice which served more as a reminder of what I already knew than an original, concrete approach. Overall, I learned more from my mom growing up than I did from this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is a joke!, April 23, 2005
LinF (Minden, NV USA) - See all my reviews
What a waste of money! Too bad I didn't come to Amazon first to read other customer's reviews before buying this book. The author spends too much of the book discussing what furniture and appliances to buy. If I'm like most people who would pick us this book, we just want to know how to organzie the things we already own. For example, the entire chapter on organizing the laundry room is about what type of washer/dryer to buy and how to wash your clothes properly. Nothing at all about organization! I didn't learn one new thing, but it will make a nice donation to our school's annual book sale/fundraiser.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unintended motivation, February 14, 2004
john hite (Broken Arrow, OK) - See all my reviews
Tho it probably was not the author's intention he gets you in the mood of throwing junk out with this book being the first item. Nothing new here, just another cookie cutter, turn the crank, book mill.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for people that have been working at this awhile, June 9, 2013
J. Clinton (Rochester, NY) - See all my reviews
I have been working on trying to organize my home for years... still looking for the light at the end of the tunnel... too much stuff piled in the way.
Might be good for people just deciding to try to take control of home organization.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grab Your Highlighter, April 3, 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book!, February 15, 2007
I am surprised at some of these reviews! I am a professional organizer and teach organizing classes and have recommended this book to those just starting down the organizing path.

I think it lays out ideas for each room in the house very well. I felt like I benefited from buying this book and that others will too. You should see my copy - I have highlighted it to death.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, September 18, 2002
By A Customer
This book was helpful and easy to read. It helped a lot.

Rate and Discover Movies