game fans, beginners and
pros, here's the book you've been waiting for: the first-ever SCRABBLE
how-to book written by the National SCRABBLE
Association. Now you can become a better player at every
level of skill. Learn:
- Basic play-making for surefire results
- How to turn your worst nightmare -- "Q" -- into your best friend: a winners' list of "Q" words with and without "U"
- How to become an expert by using the terrific "twos" -- a complete list of two-letter words that can boost your scoring average by thirty to forty points per game
- How to maximize your score with bonus squares and parallel play -- including triple triples, the pinnacle of SCRABBLE scoring success
- How to make more seven-letter plays -- and earn a fifty point bonus
- A step-by-step guide to board strategy and secrets to getting better tiles
- How to get your words' worth with high-point tiles "J," "X" and "Z" -- a list of three and four-letter words
- Acceptable words with no vowels
- How the world's greatest players win their games -- fifteen examples of outstanding SCRABBLE play
This extensively illustrated official guidebook brings you all the facets of the game and the entire worldwide SCRABBLE culture, including the clubs, tournaments, champions and rules, plus a complete history of the game and a rare interview with SCRABBLE's inventor, the late Alfred Mosher Butts.