5.0 out of 5 stars The Travel Stick Review
The Travel stick works well on the legs. It however is not long enough to work the glutes or low back effectively. It really helps to speed recovery from long workouts. If there is a knot...the stick will find it...allbeit with a little pain.
Published on May 6, 2007 by S. McDonald

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but mine smells!
Seriously, this works great on tired, sore muscles. But my stick stinks--literally. I cannot keep it in the house because it will release a stench that's akin to cat urine or skunk spray. It stays in the garage and gets used outside. I'm not sure why, but the plastic reeks.
Published on August 2, 2008 by D. REAMAN

5.0 out of 5 stars The Travel Stick Review, May 6, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for athletes, June 13, 2009
I've been using The Stick for years for triathlon training, and I recommend it to my personal training client. Sports massage is an important aspect of workout recovery; but it can be expensive and time-consuming to do frequently. When you can't get to the massage therapist, you just roll out your own leg muscles.
I also recommend a firm tennis ball or baseball, and a foam roller (big, cylindrical roll that you sit, lie, or roll on). With all of these, you can hit all the key areas that get tight with athletic training.
[..]

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, November 2, 2010
This review is from: The Stick - Roller Massager (Misc.)
Simple and effective. As a new cyclist I am amazed at the depth of latent soreness in the thighs. I receive no less than one massage a week and still can't get my massage specialist (formerly traveled with a No. 1 tennis player) to go deep enough to knead the muscle. This provides that relief. I take this to work and use it about four times a day and another two times at night. While at work about three additional cyclists or marathoners will use it. No problems with breaking down at all as it seem very sturdy.

I will also comment on an earlier comment on gluts and lower back. I have not had a problem at all with this but you do have to experiment. Gluts are not a problem, just put your foot on a chair and turn the stick perpendicular to the ground. For lower back I have found the best method is put the Stick on the inside of both elbows and roll your elbows moving the stick over your lower back.

This is a required item to take to the office EVERY DAY as well as home use.

5.0 out of 5 stars hurts so good, November 14, 2007
The Stick is strong and just flexible enough to knead out knots and other muscle pains. I have the longer version, which works well on my back, as well as legs/thighs/calves. It's great for pre-stretching warmup, and also shortly before going to bed.

4.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, August 11, 2011
Pretty much as advertised and I just didn't give it 5 stars since it seems a bit overpriced for what it is...but it does what it says.

5.0 out of 5 stars The stick is awesome!, November 15, 2011
I am a Crossfitter, and The Stick is an integral part of my regimen. In addition to using a Myofascial foam roller, this is great for targeting areas in a more direct manner. Helps with recovery and working out sore spots. I recommend it! The 24 inch is the most versatile length for total body use. Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars No more pain, June 13, 2011
This review is from: The Stick - Roller Massager (Misc.)
I was first introduced to The Stick by my physical therapist. I developed a serious injury from ignoring tight and sore muscles. I use the stick before and after my runs and It has been amazing. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is an active runner.

PROS: Works as advertised.

CONS: If you apply too much pressure to The Stick it could develop a bow over time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item for runners, December 26, 2006
This review is from: The Stick - Roller Massager (Misc.)
I use this product everyday! It is great for sore muscles. Especailly working out your quads and calfs after a marathon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roller Massager, January 15, 2013
L. Texel (Pearl River, N.Y. United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great product. It is so much more effective than a rolling pin, which is what I used to use to work out muscle knots and cramps. You will also spend less on other treatments, like chiropratic and massages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, November 15, 2011
This review is from: The Stick - Roller Massager (Misc.)
I have always used the stick as a warm up tool before workouts. After going to chiropractic school and learning about the benefits of self massage I recommend it to all my patients especially to the runners and triathletes. My office, Western New York Muscle and Joint Performance Chiropractic ([...]), is centered around muscle function. The stick gives patients the tool they need to keep their body injury and pain free. When purchasing this product I highly recommend a foam roller as well. J Fit 36-Inch Hi-Density Foam Roller.

The Stick - Roller Massager