5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook
This is a great cookbook. The recipies are simple and do not defeat the point of cooking with a slow cooker -- and they do not demand such a long list of ingredients that I can't afford to cook the recipes and pay my mortgage in the same week. The food tastes great and is easy to prepare. What more could a person ask for?
Published on February 14, 2012 by Prima Donna

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good
Published on March 24, 2012 by betweenthepages

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook, February 14, 2012
This review is from: The Everything Vegetarian Slow Cooker Cookbook: Includes Tofu Noodle Soup, Fajita Chili, Chipotle Black Bean Salad, Mediterranean Chickpeas, Hot Fudge Fondue ...and hundreds more! (Everything Series) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, March 6, 2012
I love the variety in this book and the recipes I have tried so far. I didn't want to have to buy a huge grocery list of items just to make some new recipes, so I was really happy that there are a lot in this book that I already have most of the items in my pantry, or are common groceries I regularly purchase. I have a smaller slow cooker, and all the recipes seem to be for larger ones. I just cut down the ingredients, but I wish it gave alternate cooking times and temps for smaller units. Overall, I think it was a great purchase and I look forward to trying more of the recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, February 24, 2012
YUM! Just one word for the recipes in this book. I'm a huge fan of my slow cooker and couldn't wrap my mind around vegetarian dishes coming from it. I've always done soups, etc. but this book has opened my mind to a whole new way of cooking. Thanks!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, March 24, 2012
Most of the entree recipes in this cookbook are flavorful, easy to prepare and satisfying. However the cookbook as a whole just isn't one of my favorites--it doesn't have enough variety or "stand-out" recipes and the dessert section is sort of a joke. In the end, though, it's a good addition to any vegetarian cookbook collection, if only to have the Crock-Pot option always there on the shelf.

4.0 out of 5 stars slow cooker cookbook, January 31, 2012
Mary (California) - See all my reviews
I just got this book a few days ago. So far have made 2 of the recipes. The first one " " mock chicken and rice " was ok, but the rice came out very gummy, and stuck together. The second one I tried today was " mock meatball stew". It came out very good!
There are many more i want to try. If i do another with rice, i may cook separate and add the last hour of cooking time like another book says to to.

Additional note
I have now made several more recipes from this cookbook. Tonight I did the brown rice and vegetables. It again the rice came out gummy, like eating oatmeal. The taste was good, but i wont make again.
The fahjta Chile was good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook, December 4, 2012
Jo Ann Drysdale (Dunedin, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I made the mock meatball stew yesterday. It was great and I have some leftovers for later. The cookbook has so many sections. All types of recipes, even kids will enjoy them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Recipes, May 19, 2013
I am a vegetarian and on my way to become a vegan. I have eaten some vegan dishes and wanted to find a book with easy recipes to help me on my journey. I love the book.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit pointless, May 21, 2014
S. macgregor (albuquerque, nm) - See all my reviews
The thing I don't like about this cookbook it that the bean recipes call for canned beans, which seems a bit pointless. Personally, I got a slow cooker to do things like that myself, and I was hoping for a cook book which provides the amount of water to use and cook times for beans and legumes. Still, it was inexpensive, so not too much of an investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cookbook, January 15, 2014
Yolly (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
I have made at least 2/3rds of this cook book. It has been great and reliable. I have made adjustments to the recipes but they are based on my personal preference rather than a shortcoming of the recipe. Recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to follow recipes, February 15, 2014
like what I have seen have not had chance to cook anything in the book. Only down side no pictures. I need those for hubby because pictures and not ingredients influence his choice of recipe.
For me I like it and would say worth the money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›