Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 12, 2012
I really enjoyed this book. I bought it as part of a Higher division English program, and ended up reading the whole thing anyways. As far as books go it reads not like a manual but more like a novel with some very clever and interesting ideas. The authors are some of the foremost experts in the field of rhetoric and arguments and this book is worth it.
on June 21, 2011
This book is a set text for an academic writing course at my university in Australia. Overall I thought it was clear and (even though it comes in at 500 pages) concisely written, and full of modern examples of a wide range of arguments in many different media. It's also small enough to carry around to classes and the full colour pages definitely made reading it more interesting. I think this book is best suited for people who have a decent grasp on the English language and are looking to enhance their writing through persuasive, logical and engaging arguments. If this is you, then I think that "Everything's an Argument" can help.
on December 2, 2012
This is a great text, which is why I gave it a four-star rating. It covers all kinds of arguments, and really makes you think about how everything really is an argument. It is also very engaging; I enjoyed the conversational writing style and the numerous pictures.

The thing I disliked was that some of the images were off-color; some were downright shocking or disturbing. I understand why; the author is trying to make a point with images. However, it disturbed me enough that I wouldn't let the children even look at it and I sold it as soon as the class was over. Don't buy if shocking images disturb you.
on January 13, 2013
This textbook helped broaden my spectrum of arguments (hence the title) and provided basic composition techniques. It was more of an introduction to writing with many examples of how an argument can be formed. I skimmed most of it because it was quite simple in its context. All in all, I can't say I became a better writer because of Everything's an Argument.
on February 20, 2014
If you're at all interested in argumentation through writing, advertising, proposing, evaluating, and/or persuading, this is a great book to get you started. Even if you aren't interested in it, this is a great book to read just to help people out when evaluating the claims of candidates for president! There is much to like about this book, but I especially like how the authors cover a multitude of means by which people make arguments (orally, written, in the media, photography, etc.), hence the title.

If I were to evaluate the arguments of this book according to its own content, it would fill up a least two pages, and I really don't have the energy to do that at the moment.

Just read it. :-)
on January 8, 2013
Ok, we all agree English (102) class is extremely boring! This is my required reading text and compared to other English books I have had, this is not that bad. My beef with this book is even though the book is titled "Everything's an Argument", the points of view in this book are almost all leaning to left wing ideology. Some of it is relatively neutral, but the authors are clearly some sort of left wingers.
on July 25, 2012
I'm currently using this book for my English 111 class and I think it is a great resource. There is lots of explanation on the topic and plenty of current and relevant examples. It has really allowed me to understand the newer concepts that I've been learning. So I also have another motive for this review and would appreciate anyone's help! So in my class we are being required to write an in-depth review on one of our readings/textbooks. Along with writing the review we have to direct customers to our blogs and have them comment on the review. This will allow us to write an analysis paper on the power of customer reviews. So to help me out please visit, [...], and comment. Thanks again and I hope my review can help :)
on August 20, 2013
Better content than most, could be used to improve writing other than in English. It doesn't matter if the condition of the book is less than perfect since content matters more. Got shipped on time.
on November 24, 2013
Excellect selection of essays and interesting visuals and excerpts. Good variety of writing activities. Fits well with the Common Core focus on writing the argument.
on December 30, 2015
I ordered this book for school. It was required for one of my courses. It's an easy read, & goes by real fast. Wasn't in bad shape & was a quick ship.