Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Evidence of the Gods: A Visual Tour of Alien Influence in the Ancient World
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 6, 2012
Glossy pages, lots of photos, most smaller than hoped for, some full page, many two to a page, rehashed evidence that those who follow Von Daniken already know. This book appears to be an overview, or re-presentation of thoughts/ideas/theories and photos that have appeared in other of his works, almost all in color, a plus. I'm still glad I got it if for no other reason than to have his complete works. I do hope he is not entering into the 'cashing in on previous works' mode just to keep publishing. A bit of a disappointment, but not enough to stop me from buying his future works.
From the picture accompanying the product page I was expecting a larger book. This is about the size of a regular fiction novel. I should have checked the product info at the bottom for dimensions. Even then, I probably would have bought it because I love his work.
on September 13, 2013
A through enjoyment. Mostly a review of previous publications which it states. Whilst enjoying the publication I was reminded of long forgotten Von Daniken books all of which I had purchased, enjoyed and still have. I can't understand criticism by the likes of West.
I find Von Daniken presents a feasible proposition in all his suggestions. I hope we hear more opinions from him
on January 2, 2014
As always the care and concern of Erich to try and wake the 21st century to the quest of the how and why. I have the utmost regard to his passion "to know, to make his case, to ask Why are we not asking ourselves". To me, we can only know ourselves by "objectively" looking at the past. Point after point, he makes you ask YOURSELF....WHY ARE THE FEET AND MINDS DRAGGING on the curiosities, on the magnificent? This man is so dedicated and passionate about wanting to know, to asking why, to slapping down the weak knee explanations of peers. To PROVING with a tenacity of incredible thought and tenacity that, we are not doing enough. I pray every time I read his works that he succeeds in turning on our dull brains. I believe I shall never see or hear, in my lifetime, another mind such as his. I pass all of his books down to my children. I want them to be excited about what came before. It is how we will know ourselves!
on December 24, 2013
I love the format of these new books Mr. Von Daniken is doing. Perfect size and length, excellent high quality paper and great photographs. And as usual amazing easy to read information.
This and the other (Remnants of the Gods) like this look really cool on my bookshelf.
Mr Von Daniken if you are reading this, you really have a winner with this format of book. Please continue to do a lot more of them. One every three months would be great.
on October 20, 2013
I have most of Von Danken's books that have been printed in English. This book had lots of colored pictures, but mainly some different views of the same places that are in many of his other books. I would have liked the pictures to have had captions under them. You had to go back into the text to find out what they were, which was annoying. Buy if for the pictures if you don't have many of his other books.
on February 13, 2013
As a longtime reader of EVD(30+ years) I buy pretty much all his books for my collection,although as the author points out,most readers have probably only read a portion of his material as a good bit has not been released in the U.S.This book is part of his planned "photo-dump"(my term not his) as he is in his 80s and wants to publish a couple of volumes of his extremely rare images that he has recorded on film throughout his travels over the years and around the world.There is also a decent bit of text explaining the pics,and the authors own undeniably recognizable analysis of each image,written lucidly and with a keen eye for detail.This covers from Pohnpei to Newgrange and much more,if you are interested in ancient mysteries this should be on your shelf!
on June 13, 2014
This is a wonderful book - many, many photos. It was delivered very quickly; however, it could have been packaged with bubble wrap or something similar to protect the book - during the mailing process en route, the envelope got cut resulting in a small cut on the book.
on April 3, 2013
Evidence of the Gods: A Visual Tour of Alien Influence in the Ancient World
By Erich Von Däniken
ISBN: 978-1-60163-247-0 (New Page Books, 2013)

Exploring the theory that we could not have evolved from apes and were more than likely genetically engineered from a primal being living here on the planet, Erich takes us on a pictorial tour through the many sites that exist all over the world that are clear signs of very advanced civilizations. To face the uncertainties that are ahead of humanity we must remove the blinding filters of old religion and traditional science. We are moving into a new world of discovery that demands an open mind and clear, rational thinking. Once again Erich Von Däniken is showing that ancient humans were trying to tell us something. Now it's up to us to listen.

Rahasya Poe, Lotus Guide Magazine
on May 1, 2013
Even if you denounce the whole ancient alien theory there is a lot more in our history than we have been lead to believe
There was a lot more to the human story than we think we know. Did an earlier civilization of man exist and then cause a nuclear holocaust if some kind? Are we reinventing ourselves and doomed to the same fate?
on September 26, 2014
One star not for the content but for the Kindle edition. The photographs are too small and of low resolution so you cannot enlarge on the iPad. Extremely difficult to read and reference the poor quality photos. Very disappointing.