Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on August 1, 2001
I bought this CD a very long time ago for the simple purpose of hearing the greatest piece of Theatre in history in Korean. As soon as it arrived I raced home and stuck it in my Cd Player. The Requiem for Evita was very good and extremely eerie. then as I got further into it, I started laughing. This has to be the most horendous piece of music ever. I just love how the orchestra looses it's place a few times and runs over the actors'voices. And the wort part of this CD is that there is ony one track. You cannot skip over the songs. After an hour, it began to feel like the chinese water torture. how embarrasing for the actors playing these tremendous roles. Thank God that Eva, Che and Juan are dead because this terrible farce of an opera would kill them. I just want to know who Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice let this go on? Don't they keep track of how their plays are performed.
Ick Ick Ick....Argentina is crying all right...and so am I - for my money back!!
on August 4, 1998
I bought this CD because I thought it would be interesting to hear the score of my favorite musical in another language. First of all, apparently digital technology in Korea is way behind. The entire contents of both discs are contained on a single track. So if you want to listen to "Buenos Aires", for instance, you have to fast forward all the way to it or just listen to all that precedes it. The music has a bit of an Asian feel to it, which is interesting, but the orchestra is horrible. They obviously recorded the whole thing in one take, because you can hear hideous mistakes, most notably toward the end of the dance interlude of "Buenos Aires". The first time I brought the CD home and listened to it, I laughed the whole way through it. On a positive note, most of the singers (with the grave exception of the chorus) were pretty good. However, the translation often didn't fit the meter of the music. An awful lot of money for a few good laug! hs.
on November 16, 2005
based on the other reviews i thought this would be really terrible and unlistenable, but it's actually not that bad. it's def. not going to be anyone's favorite version, but as this is pretty much the only korean cast album, if you're interested in korean musicals at all you don't have much choice. along w/ the previously mentioned one-long-track-per-disc issue (which isn't such a big deal if you listen to it on your computer and can skip around), the orchestra and singers and even the instrumental balance aren't at the level of US cast albums. but i wasn't bothered by that so much as the generally slow tempi; a faster overall tempo would've really made this a lot better. anyway, as i said it's not as terrible as the other reviews said.