Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 28, 2015
excellent for general reference for beginner into paleobiology and historic earth ecology, with good emphasis as to physical geology has on biological components. Very well written and provides key point of each chapter.
on March 18, 2011
The eighth edition of "Evolution of the Earth" is an excellent summary of earth history, with few typos. The book should include a higher proportion of more current illustrations and diagrams; too many of them are pre-1980's.
on October 7, 2015
Had a page in the middle that falls out when you open the book but besides that seems alright.
on January 20, 2016
It is the same as the US version, I double-checked with my classmates today.
on October 1, 2015
No it did not, the pages were all ripped out? The book is useless
on July 25, 2014
I ordered this for a Geologic History class I had to take. There's a large amount of detail, so don't be surprised if you can't remember all of it after the fact. Just keep the book for reference.
on September 21, 2014
one of the best college text books I have ever purchased!

But for the steep price... you'd think that would have made it a hardcover!
on August 18, 2014
on January 30, 2013
I am an aspiring geneaology student and a long-time atheist. The continuous defense of science against the anti-intellectuals is covered redudantly by Prothero in this book. I understand how important this was half a century ago and even today in the evangelists crowd, but the theme is getting worn. Nevertheless, this book is easy reading; just skim over the time-worn arguements and gather several good insights as you go along. It will help integrate your appreciation of earth as a planet that has evolved along with its flora and fauna.
on August 3, 2012
Super boring book I had to read for my science GE at UCLA. It's really informative and helped me with my exams, yet I feel like I could fall asleep reading it. On the plus side: it has a great buyback value! I got almost 90% of the original price I had bought it for!