4.0 out of 5 stars Great for upper level undergraduate
Published 19 months ago by Ryley Hausken

3.0 out of 5 stars easy to follow.
it's okay. It was easy to follow.
Published 2 months ago by Kate

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for upper level undergraduate, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Evolution, Second Edition (Hardcover)
This book was well organized and interesting. It seemed to be overly wordy in some sections, but overall pretty good. The author includes a plethora of colorful diagrams, pictures, and graphs to help the reader understand as well as to keep the reader's attention. The only thing I didn't really like was the way the author didn't have a separate section for human evolution. This is usually what students find the most interesting so it is sprinkled throughout the book in an attempt to make the various sections more interesting. I think this is an ok approach but I think human evolution deserves a dedicated section.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent collegiate 300-400 level biology text, June 9, 2014
This review is from: Evolution, Second Edition (Hardcover)
This textbook is for the serious student of evolutionary biology, not for the layperson. It is an excellent book, plenty of charts, graphs, deep reading on all aspects of evolution. The first chapters pore over the early (at the time and to this day controversial) views on this subject and make for an excellent read. If one is serious about learning biology from an evolutionary standpoint, this book fills the bill and then some. A fine text about a very interesting and much debated topic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Resource, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Evolution, Second Edition (Hardcover)
Lots of good information and data, plus access to online "ebook" because it is quite heavy to carry around. I am only on Chapter 4, but I am impressed with pictures and diagrams. It is the required textbook for a class.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, March 29, 2013
This review is from: Evolution, Second Edition (Hardcover)
cheaper than bookstore. exact required textbook for class. I think is a useful book for evolution class. hope the price can be cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, March 8, 2013
This review is from: Evolution, Second Edition (Hardcover)
I took evolution with this book, and it was really helpful. It was so easy to read, and I actually enjoyed learning about this stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars SCHOOL BOOK, June 18, 2014
Kaley Ruppe (South Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evolution, Second Edition (Hardcover)
Purchased this book for school purposes. Arrived in great condition! As far as personal enjoyment=NONE! But for the purpose of my class in college=PERFECT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, March 14, 2014
This review is from: Evolution, Second Edition (Hardcover)
It was what i needed. In almost perfect conditions and well packed. Than you for a great purchase. Reccomending for tue future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, March 6, 2014
This review is from: Evolution, Second Edition (Hardcover)
Although I was upset that my professors informed me we didn't actually need this book for the course AFTER i bought it, it is probably one of the nicest and most beautiful science books I have ever used as a bio major.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book, December 3, 2013
Shelly (Hometown, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evolution, Second Edition (Hardcover)
This book was for a class, and I thoroughly loved the book. It was a hard class though, and I got a B in the class.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my Daughter Biology Olympiad, October 17, 2013
Zeena Adal "Zeena Adal" (Diamond Bar, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evolution, Second Edition (Hardcover)
Excellent book for my daughter preparing for Biology Olympiad competition. Also purchase a couple more advanced Biology books. All reviews on Amazon are so helpful to me in giving me the best advise there is available. Thanks Amazon.com

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Evolution, Second Edition
Evolution, Second Edition by Douglas Futuyma (Hardcover - April 6, 2009)
Used & New from: $4.85