Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 1, 2013
This book was well organized and interesting. It seemed to be overly wordy in some sections, but overall pretty good. The author includes a plethora of colorful diagrams, pictures, and graphs to help the reader understand as well as to keep the reader's attention. The only thing I didn't really like was the way the author didn't have a separate section for human evolution. This is usually what students find the most interesting so it is sprinkled throughout the book in an attempt to make the various sections more interesting. I think this is an ok approach but I think human evolution deserves a dedicated section.
on June 9, 2014
This textbook is for the serious student of evolutionary biology, not for the layperson. It is an excellent book, plenty of charts, graphs, deep reading on all aspects of evolution. The first chapters pore over the early (at the time and to this day controversial) views on this subject and make for an excellent read. If one is serious about learning biology from an evolutionary standpoint, this book fills the bill and then some. A fine text about a very interesting and much debated topic.
on September 27, 2013
Lots of good information and data, plus access to online "ebook" because it is quite heavy to carry around. I am only on Chapter 4, but I am impressed with pictures and diagrams. It is the required textbook for a class.
on March 6, 2014
Although I was upset that my professors informed me we didn't actually need this book for the course AFTER i bought it, it is probably one of the nicest and most beautiful science books I have ever used as a bio major.
on October 17, 2013
Excellent book for my daughter preparing for Biology Olympiad competition. Also purchase a couple more advanced Biology books. All reviews on Amazon are so helpful to me in giving me the best advise there is available. Thanks Amazon.com
on March 29, 2013
cheaper than bookstore. exact required textbook for class. I think is a useful book for evolution class. hope the price can be cheaper.
on March 8, 2013
I took evolution with this book, and it was really helpful. It was so easy to read, and I actually enjoyed learning about this stuff.
on June 18, 2014
Purchased this book for school purposes. Arrived in great condition! As far as personal enjoyment=NONE! But for the purpose of my class in college=PERFECT!
on July 16, 2010
I found this book informative and engaging. Futuyma covers a wide breadth of biology and provides case studies and recent research to illustrate his points.

Also, I found the loose-leaf version useful. It was slightly cheaper, and I was able to split it up in a 3-ring binder so I could read the portions I needed wherever I was at the time. However, be aware that the pages can become crumpled because there is _literally_ no binding, just 3 holes on the left-side margin. I was surprised when I received the book.
on March 14, 2014
It was what i needed. In almost perfect conditions and well packed. Than you for a great purchase. Reccomending for tue future.