Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Size: Large|Change

on March 5, 2011
I LOVE THIS de-shedding tool and it costs LESS THAN the FURminator I have and use on a normal basis. This has the SAME de-shedding power for my long and short hair dogs and cat AND it is lighter too! I recommend this tool for all families with four-legged "kids" of cats and dogs. WORTH IT!!
on August 9, 2013
Ordered Evolution Shed Magic Large De-Shedding Tool by Evolution and Evolution W6110 Grooming Undercoat Rake with Rotating Teeth, Double Row by Evolution. Both I wanted to see how well they would work. Both came the next day quick delivery from Amazon Prime.

First thing I had tried out the Evolution Shed Magic Large De-Shedding Tool, I decided to go with largest they had because the method they give you to figure out which dog breed or the length of the hair can be confusing enough.

So I had taken out my 7 year old 100 lb Male German Shepard outside and tie him to tree so he didn't move around and stayed in one position, so I could start using the tool on him. Wow at my amazement how much loose hair he had and the ease of this product usage was excellent. Compared to the famous over priced FURminator Deshedding I don't like them and the price is just way too high the teeth rust and long process to use that product. This one cost a lot less and easy to use. Pull through and lift.

The other one rotating teeth double row teeth rake works 100% better but that smooth your dog coat goes deeper in the coat and pulls out all the excess hair. Still I use both and you need both. One for when you don't like do this combing but what would you rather have a house full of your dog hair all the place or to buy these 2 de-shedding tools by Evolution to take care of the mess at the source of the issue.

Would be nice if they had a dry-vac attachment so when you pull these products through your pet coat the excess loose hair could be suck into dry-vac instead of floating around in the air!

Anyway I highly recommend both these products if you want to do it right with easy and make it fun for both you and your dog this is the way to go!
on August 1, 2009
I bought this because it was a little less expensive than the Furminator. I bought it for one of my cats that is having furball problems. I thought for sure she'd hate it, since she's so uptight about being groomed and whatnot, but... Not only does she love it! It also is amazing. I haven't used the Furminator but I imagine these types of brushes are all the same. The comb part looks like a single blade to an electric clipper. So far so good. See ya later furball throwup!
on January 16, 2012
I have a Lab mix puppy that has been shedding like crazy. I've tried a bristle brush, a slicker, and a undercoat rake on her -- NONE of them removed any hair to speak of. In the bath, however, gobs of hair would come off of her. I wasn't sure what to do.

I wanted to try the FURminator Large Yellow deShedding Tool with 4-Inch Edge but I thought it was a little too expensive. I found the Shed Magic comb at a much better price. Since it looked almost identical to the FURminator except for a few aesthetics, I decided to try it.

It worked GREAT. I was able to get TONS of hair off of my dog in the first grooming. I wish I had a good place to put the hair when I needed to clean the comb mid-grooming. I put the hair into a shopping bag. You could also vacuum the hair up after you are finished. They sell a FURminator FurVac Vacuum Accessory, but to me, it looks like you could attach this comb to your vacuum hose with a rubber band and get the same effect.

Her coat was very shiny and soft after the grooming as well. Very happy with this item.
on December 31, 2013
This tool is easy to use, doesn't scratch my pets, and removes fur really well. It is easy to clean and the non slip handle is easy to hold. I've not used a furminator, but I am very happy with this tool and would recommend it to folks with short hair pets, I don't have experience with it on long hair pets.
on February 1, 2014
Seriously, isn't that really all you need? I have two long haired Chihuahuas and the youngest is a shed monster. This has successfully cut down on the hair he leaves behind everywhere. He loves having it used on him and runs around like a maniac after. I'm sold.
on February 22, 2014
A friends cat was heading to the groomers because of matts. We gave her a Evolution Shed Magic De-shedding Tool (small). She bagged the trip to the groomer and now there are no more matts...no trip to the groomer's. Yippee!
on July 25, 2014
This thing works great! My cats' coats look and feel much better now that I can get the dead fur out, and one of them no longer has dry skin problems after regular brushing. 3 of the 4 even like being brushed - of course, the one holdout is my only medium-haired cat, but he's not too bad. I recommend this for cats.
on September 20, 2013
I bought this for my female chihuahua who sheds worse than any dog I've ever had! It really did help a lot. We still took her to PetSmart to have her "Furminated" but didn't have to take her as often when we used this tool on her.
on June 17, 2010
I bought the Safari for my sheppard-husky mix, she has thick, long hair with alot of undercoat. Twice a year she sheds heavily, growing her new seasonal coats, which I always dread. I decided to try this brand of deshedding tool, instead of the more expensive, furminator. I am very happy with the results, as it gently removed the hair and she seemed to enjoy it as well. Worth the money and I highly recommend it.