5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as advertised
I needed a way to prevent all the bug bites every time I worked in the yard. I purchased an insect repellent shirt to go along with these socks and treated a hat. Result - no more bug bites.
Published on September 14, 2011 by MacJay

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
Published 18 months ago by Alex

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, November 26, 2012
I live in Thailand half of each year and bought these because my ankles were attacked every morning by something I wasn't even able to see. They are far to warm to wear for long periods of time in Thailand's climate, but for early morning, when this insect seems to be active, they work. I wish this product was available in a lighter material for warm climate use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm, but no bugs in Africa, October 11, 2012
I was terrified of Malaria when on a recent Photo Safari in Africa. But, we had no bugs. This product was warm (which was nice), but smells strongly of bug repellant. I think it would repel bugs. Just be careful to isolate from other clothes and laundry, or you will smell the bug stuff for awhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as advertised, September 14, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars highest quality socks I have ever owned..., June 4, 2012
The degree of elasticity and the choice of materials show me that these are socks that are well thought out just as superbly
engineered cars are planned, giving plenty of thought to the consumer...They are expensive and worth every cent. Please continue your marvelous lines of clothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, March 28, 2012
Great product. Really works. Would purchase this again. Arrived quickly. Less expensive than the store overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite sock of my husband!!, January 5, 2013
Lady Luck (Ridgefield,CT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ExOfficio BugsAway Purdom Hiker Sock (Sports Apparel)
Mosquitos love my husband and we also live in an area that has a lot of deer ticks. These socks are perfect for hiking and for working outdoors. They wash beautifully and are durable. I would definitely recommend these for anyone who spends a lot of time in high grass or wooded areas.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, July 18, 2013
I honestly thought that the ExOfficio products might work, but honestly the socks attracted more mosquitos than any other socks I wore. To put it in perspective, I was in the Quetico camping, a place that is really the kingdom of biting and sucking bugs, so it should be already unfair to expect anything but failure in a product that supposedly keeps bugs away, but these sock actually attracted them! Other socks I wore with my sandals when I was fishing, hanging out at the campsite, doing whatever, seemed to work as anything would in an environment where the bugs are voracious, but these socks added some flavor to my feet, and I literally had them attacking mine. Anyway, I rarely write reviews and trust those of others, so I am adding some devils advocate to this highly touted bug-b-gone item, and telling anyone that will listen, that they DO NOT WORK, at all...

5.0 out of 5 stars no bug bites, May 5, 2013
washed out well and kept us from all sorts of critters between the bug spray and the socks. Good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, December 30, 2012
really works comfortable nice look don't bunch up good price washable attractive bought for myself, husband and son and they like them too

5.0 out of 5 stars Bug Repellent Socks, December 17, 2012
These socks fit well, are comfortable, and wash well. I live in an area heavily infested with deer and their disease-bearing ticks. I did not find any ticks on me when I wore these socks, so they seem to work.

ExOfficio BugsAway Purdom Hiker Sock