2,191 Reviews
 (1,673)

1,321 of 1,380 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars These are the best.
I am TELLING YOU, get a pair of exofficio give and go boxer briefs. they are amazing. they are not boxers, they are clippings of God's beard spun into dick armor.
Published 18 months ago by Nota Monkey

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, but didn't do it for me.
Saw all the great reviews and understand the desire to get rid of the cotton undies. Liked the idea of something I might wear for workouts and/or for day to day wear. And like the quick wash/dry idea for possible traveling light. So bought one pair to try. At the same time bought the Addidas Climalite Performace 2-pack to try. Both felt similar in that they were...
Published on June 18, 2012 by Honest reviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent briefs, September 3, 2009
I bought 6 of these for my husband, because the one we'd purchased locally prior to that had quickly become his favorite pair of everyday briefs. Now, he has one for each day of the week, and although they're not cheap, I think they're worth their weight in gold. So far, after several months of wear, they show no signs of degradation, and my husband says they're the most comfortable underwear he's ever had. He also wears them when he works out at the gym and loves their wicking ability. My teenage son is now requesting some, too, so I'll be placing another order soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Traveler's Dream, January 5, 2011
This review is from: ExOfficio Men's GiveNGo Boxer Brief (Apparel)
Couldn't believe the amount of reviews. This is single handedly has the most reviews of any men's underwear ever. People are coming out of the wood work to review. So I Tried them out. After six months here are my thoughts.

I am on the road about 45 weeks out of the year. Surfing, sailing, climbing, consulting.. and so on.. I have four pairs and these get me by quite nicely. They wash up great. Pack small. I wash a pair in the shower, pop on a fresh pair and repeat the procedure for the year. I've tried other techie-under-garments like under armor and helly hansen and find these to be the best. No need for more than a few pairs as they are so easy to wash. Black is the best color for a long lasting color and class. White could get dirty. Blue has a funny looking elastic band. My size 32 waist fits nicely in size small.

Tossed or donated all my old stuff.

Other good travel products include Columbia Mountain Tech short sleeve tees for undershirts. Columbia silver ridge long sleeve shirts. IceBreaker merino wool socks.

A great review: [...]
Cheers.

2.0 out of 5 stars More like boxers than briefs, April 5, 2013
I have a 32" inch waist and a somewhat slimmer build. Even tried the smalls. Mediums in other brands (Jockey, Under Armor, Champion) fit me perfectly. There's no support whatsoever and that's what I was looking for in a boxer brief. The fabric is extremely lightweight and soft though which I guess is the big appeal. Too bad, I really wanted to like these.

1.0 out of 5 stars It wont stay in place, August 4, 2012
This review is from: ExOfficio Men's GiveNGo Boxer Brief (Apparel)
You know how when you haven't done the laundry and you run out of underwear, you go to the drawer to get your backup underwear...the underwear a little too tight, a little too small, a little too big, the underwear that caused you to buy the new ones to replace because the originals were uncomfortable now, or unwearable for some reason?
That said original uncomfortable underwear is better than this. When I got this I was excited from the description. Opening the package and first feeling them, they felt interesting. Smooth, silky, stretchy. I thought "cool". Until I wore it the next day. These things ride up and bunch up something awful. I find myself pulling this thing down every minute like a woman who wore a skirt she knew was too short for her. Smell wise I don't really notice a difference. One thing that I find kind of annoying, but I guess it is by design, after wearing it, ON AN AVERAGE DAY, it slightly feels moist to the touch. Going back to hanes.

5.0 out of 5 stars best underware hands down., May 27, 2011
I ordered a few pair to try about a month ago. very happy with the fit and the breathability of these underware. yesterday i received my second batch, i have like 10 pair now. I threw away all my cotton hanes boxer breifs. they are junk compaired to these. I ordered a size smaller than i usually take. i ordered med. instead of large like others had mentioned. the med. really holds everything in place especially when working out. i'm 200lbs with a 36 waist and they fit perfect. i first purchased for working out but now i wear them everyday as my primary underware. also, i got mine for like $15.00 on sale. that's a great price for great underware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still reading?, April 27, 2011
First of all, I congratulate you for reading underwear reviews. Clearly you're searching for the best--not necessarily the best in underwear--but you may have searched for the best in safari, tropical, or travel clothes.

Like me, you're saying: Really? A pair of underwear got 56 people to log in, type up a word or two, and give 5-stars to A PAIR OF UNDERWEAR! Either ExOfficio spends way too much on a secondary product's social media or the Men's Give-N-Go(tm) Boxer Brief is the best pair of underwear ever!

Hard to believe, but it's probably the latter. Most reviews say that this underwear is great for a month's trek through wherever. It probably is and I wish I had this underwear when I roamed. I'll add this to those extreme scenarios:Any day that you wear this underwear, it delivers everything promised in adventure-wear. It's Teflon. It's cool, dry, and forgotten: all day meetings; sales meetings; presentations to your boss's boss--you won't think about what's under your suit.

5.0 out of 5 stars sizing, January 23, 2011
I am 6' 160lbs with about a 31" waist. I ordered a medium but it seems kind of big. I ordered a small and will see how that fits compared to a medium. the medium is listed as 32-24" and small at 28-30"..... what about a 30-32" waist?!

3.0 out of 5 stars Well-made, but know your preference - they weren't for me, May 9, 2013
Bom Wathetto (Tennessee, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ExOfficio Men's GiveNGo Boxer Brief (Apparel)
For the last few years I've worn your typical Hanes boxer briefs - the cheapie cotton boxer briefs you can get at any store. Well, they've seen better days and it's time for an upgrade. I finally settled on these and ordered one pair to give them a try. I'm going to review these in the context of everyday wear, not in the context of oh-my-gosh-they're-so-great-for-travel, which seems to be a major selling point. Here's the consensus:

FEEL: They're comfortable, don't bind anywhere, are slightly stretchy (but rebound when stretched) and are smooth (not necessarily "soft"). It's not that they're course, but soft is the wrong word. They're... somewhere between cotton and silk on the smoothness scale. Think of slightly nicer gym shorts. In fact, they feel about identical to walking around commando in 100% polyester gym shorts, which leads me to my next point...

SUPPORT: When I say they feel identical to going commando in gym shorts, I'm not just talking about the feel of the fabric on your body, I'm talking about lack of support. I ordered the smalls, am 5'7", and have a 30" waist, so I ordered smalls. Unlike what one reviewer said, the black pair is NOT tight on my legs. Everything about these is loose save for the elastic waistband. The elastic band is fine, but if you expect your manhood to be supported by these in any way whatsoever, go elsewhere. That's what I'm used to and is the biggest source of disappointment with these boxer briefs. To make them touch the bottom of my body, I have to hike them 1-2 inches above my belly button at which point they are effectively Steve Urekelesque granny panties - ridiculous.

CUT: I just mentioned how high you'd have to pull these things to get them to hug your body. They could really stand to make them low-rise. If you like loose, these are the way to go, but it's like wearing thin shorts under your pants - they don't support or hug you. When sitting down it's all skin-on-skin with these, as if you're sitting down naked. ...little-to-no separation down there to keep things cool.

TEMPERATURE: The fabric itself seems to hold in more heat than cotton underwear. I wouldn't say they're hot, and I'm sure they wick away moisture and dry quickly when doing outdoorsy activities, but for the purposes of everyday wear, they seem a bit warmer than other options.

STYLE: They're not flashy, which I prefer. They look adult, professional, and subtle - I know I could wear them in a men's locker room without drawing any unwanted attention.

I can't speak to durability, but they seem well-made and I'm sure they'd last a long time if I were to continue wearing them, but this buyer is a touch disappointed that he just dropped $20 on glorified gym shorts. This is Steve Urkel wishing you good luck in your quest for quality underwear.

3.0 out of 5 stars Size problem, January 25, 2012
This review is from: ExOfficio Men's GiveNGo Boxer Brief (Apparel)
I ordered two pairs XL size and they are way too small. Normally I wear 40-42 size and according to chart XL should be right for me. Shipping and Amazon return policy awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb travel underwear, January 5, 2011
I have been using Ex Officio boxers and boxer briefs since they were first released. I live and work in Asia, in climates that vary from steamy southeast Asia to the frigid Tibetan plateau. These are the finest underwear available for all climates. They wick away perspiration superbly and allow it to evaporate, so they never develop the clamminess of cotton. They also breathe better than other brands of travel wear. They wash and dry very easily. I dry them by rolling in a towel then hang overnight. They are ready to wear within a few hours. They are expensive; but you really can get by with 2 pair and be clean all the time. I prefer the boxer briefs over the plain boxers as they fit comfortably under jeans and travel pants. Better for trekking too. But I also have a pair of boxers for sleep wear.