5.0 out of 5 stars excellent
Published on June 6, 2012 by August

3.0 out of 5 stars VPL and inconsistent size-labeling
There seems to be a bad batch of these ExOfficio string bikinis on the market that have been mis-labeled. I ordered a few mediums in black, nude and wine and received what appeared to be small or xtra-small panties with the medium label. Amazon was quick to exchange and 2 of the 3 replacements were correctly labeled.

As I fall between size small and size...
Published 22 months ago by C

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, June 6, 2012
August (CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ExOfficio Women's Give-N-Go String Bikini (Apparel)
I purchased both the string bikini and regular bikini. I am an hourglass with 28 waist and 40 hips. The size medium fit me well in both. The main difference between the two styles is that the bikini goes higher on the waist - it has more fabric between the leghole and the waist. but the legholes are identical (i tried on one over the other just to see the difference). so far i have worn just the string. Though it seems to fit 'looser' than my standard cotton undies these did not ride up, even when I stooped to pet some chihuahuas. I was wearing loose-fitting pants. I am hooked! only downside i found was that my pantyliner did not stick to the fabric (so if it's a certain time of month you might have to forgo these undies.)
I bought these for a trip to a certain amusement park in Southern California (i'm hoping they will do me well for water rides) and for camping/backpacking. They would also work well for travel as I can tell they would dry quickly after a wash in a sink.
this review is based on a 2 mile "test drive" walk with my dog. i did not get warm enough to be able to comment on their wicking qualities but i do note that they are breathable and as comfy as my cotton undies. I will be purchasing another pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for travel, August 18, 2012
This review is from: ExOfficio Women's Give-N-Go String Bikini (Apparel)
I was going to Costa Rica for 8 days and knew I was going to be doing a lot of active things in humid climate. I've seen these at REI and always kind of rolled my eyes at the "you only need 1 pair...maybe 2" slogan on the cover since I have a tendency to over-pack, haha. I decided to put these to the test. I actually bought 3 pairs of give-n-go undies and took those with me on my trip. I'm happy to say that they lived up to their claims for the most part. You get used to washing them daily, usually did it when I showered. Depending on how humid it is where you are, it may take more than overnight for them to dry completely but they did dry quickly when I had the A/C turned on.

Performance wise, these are EXTREMELY comfortable. They stay in place when moving around a lot. They did help w/ sweat when I was out there hiking, etc. Highly recommend for women who travel, have very active lifestyles or have a tendency to sweat. Wish I had these earlier in the summer!!

3.0 out of 5 stars VPL and inconsistent size-labeling, September 18, 2012
C (Guilford, CT USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: ExOfficio Women's Give-N-Go String Bikini (Apparel)

As I fall between size small and size medium, I can order either size and still be ok. After reading other reviews here and other places online, I decided to order the medium just-in-case the string would dig into my hips and cause an unsightly (and possibly painful) visible pinch. For those that are very toned in the hip area and not susceptible to pinching, there is no need to order up.

My main complaint with this string-bikini style is that while they provide ample room for butt-coverage, it creates slight wrinkles in the fabric along the bum-elastic which translates to a very very Visible Panty Line. If I sized-down, the VPL was not as obvious but I ended up with a slight Visible "Pinch" Line at the hips instead. In conclusion, the fit of this panty depends very much on how toned one is at the hip area where the string-waistband goes and the shape of your butt and whether that shape can smoothly stretch-out the elastic to prevent wrinkling.

This panty is as comfortable as their classic bikini, winks sweat, hardly feels that it's there but is tricky to fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wicking!!, February 18, 2013
Jenn "sfjenn" (San Francisco, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ExOfficio Women's Give-N-Go String Bikini (Apparel)
I took the plunge to try some of these after getting them on sale at REI. After more than a decade of wearing pretty much exclusively thong underwear (because I hate panties riding up and creating a wedgie - so I always figured, "why not reduce the amount of fabric wedging) - I was really reluctant.

First, I was shocked that they did not ride up or wedge in my backside like pretty much all other underwear seems to do that isn't already thong. They are VERY comfortable.

Second, OMG. The WICKING! Moisture from everywhere - not just sweat - is removed from your body. Since I have been wearing these panties, I have definitely had less pre-menstrual funky odor than before.

I just wash these in the machine in cold water and hang them to dry. I have never noticed a problem with the panties retaining any odor, and they do not stain!

The material and elastic waist band is starting to stretch out a bit, after six months of use - but they are definitely a great value. I don't have a problem with wearing the black string bikini under black running tights -- if there's a visible panty line, nobody has complained and, quite frankly, I don't give a damn. I'm comfortable, I'm wicking and I'm comfortable. dammit. That's the bottom line, right?

I'm 5'10" and between 150-155 depending on hydration, size 8 - M fits fine though after 6 months they are a little less form fitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars I replaced my entire underwear drawer with these!, June 17, 2012
LD "LD" (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ExOfficio Women's Give-N-Go String Bikini (Apparel)
I love these panties. The heat South Texas hit with a vengeance last year and these have been a lifesaver! These are all I wear now. They dry quickly and are very comfortable. I wash them in the machine, in a bag and hang them to dry and they are perfect. I have traveled with them as well. I took three pair on a 9-day vacation. They wash well in the sink and dried overnight with no issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pair of Undies, May 28, 2012
This review is from: ExOfficio Women's Give-N-Go String Bikini (Apparel)
I am picky on how my underwear fit and I absolutely loved these. They are not too tight or too loose. When I traveled to Hawaii, I was able to pack just 2 pairs. I washed one pair at night and it was dry by the morning. They also did great in the heat. I am not a sweaty person so I cannot attest to how quickly they dry, however, I never had an issue with this. Overall I love these underwear and will be purchasing more!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for pear shape, March 12, 2012
This review is from: ExOfficio Women's Give-N-Go String Bikini (Apparel)
I am a size 2-4 in pants and purchased a size small. While the waist fit fine, the leg holes were very tiny and uncomfortable, not to mention caused VPL. Not cut like traditional string bikinis which always fit me fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for travel and everyday use especially in hot weather, July 21, 2014
Best undies ever, especially for travel or as an extra pair in my purse... take no space at all and dry in a jiffy, even washing them in a restroom sink... great for unexpected overnight trips or no-luggage option in today's travel environment... great also for everyday use in hot weather!

ExOfficio Women's Give-N-Go String Bikini