4.0 out of 5 stars Nice color, comfortable
Published on June 4, 2011 by Wendy St Clair Pearson

3.0 out of 5 stars The Rub is the Problem...
I love ExOfficio and loved everything about these pants when I tried them on. I'm sure they will pack well. They have plenty of room to move in and are almost weightless. The Teflon coating should repel water though it scares me a bit to think of wearing Teflon. But that is not what the three stars are about.

So what is the problem?? There are two snaps on the...
Published 15 months ago by bunnyrabbit4

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice color, comfortable, June 4, 2011
This review is from: ExOfficio Women's Nomad Roll-Up Pant (Apparel)
ExOfficio is trying to create attractive women's outdoor clothing (something few if any companies are doing), and these pants achieve that goal. They are both cute and comfortable, rich in color and shapely. That being said I did end up returning them because after trying two different sizes, the fit was just not right for my body type. I am curvy, their models may be more straight. When they fit in the hips, I had 3" extra in the waist. They need to add an "Apple Bottom" cut for me I guess.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Rub is the Problem..., April 4, 2013
bunnyrabbit4 (New Orleans, LA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: ExOfficio Women's Nomad Roll-Up Pant (Apparel)

So what is the problem?? There are two snaps on the front that have VERY SHARP edges on their backs. I didn't notice this when I tried them on but the first time I sat down they cut into my stomach. If you have a flat muscular stomach these might work well but an ounce of baby fat on the belly might be too much. The pants were not tight around my waist, in fact they fit perfectly and sat just below waist level which I love. They even have a nice felt liner that goes around the waist but DOES NOT cover the sharp flat backs on the snaps. I'll probably find some soft flannel and sew a backing on them because I love the pants otherwise, but I hate having to fix something on pants that I paid this much for!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable travel pant, October 19, 2011
I love these pants. They ride just below the waist and the waistband is lined with soft fabric. I have them in 2 colours and can build complete wardrobe around them when I travel as they roll up to be capris and are so light that they work in heat too...only time I rethink taking them is to the tropics with high heat and high humidity. Bonus is you can hand wash them and they are dry in no time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly Perfect, July 11, 2012
Nearly perfect travel/hiking pants. I wore these almost daily/nightly on my recent three week camping vacation through the Boundary Waters and northern shores of Lake Superior. When I wasn't wearing these pants, I was in my ExOfficio Nomad shorts! These are the ultimate pants for long car travel, trekking through mosquito infested woods, hours in a canoe, sitting around the fire, as well as dining out. Material resists dirt and washes exceptionally well, packs small-without wrinkling, and deters the discomforts of bugs/brush on a hot day-while providing enough breath to keep an active gal cool. Stylistically, the side pockets provided tons of room for safe handling of maps, i.d., nutrition bars, etc., & the optional roll up legs are perfect. In addition to high functionality, they allow for feminine curves! No need to feel like you're in menswear. Back pockets and additional colors are my only wishes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect in every way BUT one!, March 23, 2013
This review is from: ExOfficio Women's Nomad Roll-Up Pant (Apparel)
Bought a pair of these Ex Officios[[ASIN:B0043EVSBO ExOfficio Women's Nomad Roll-Up Pant] recently in the khaki color for hiking; the fabric will be great in warmer weather, like the pocket placement with zippers and snap waist. I have about a 31.5" inseam and these are long enough too. One of the reasons I selected these over other brands was the convertible pant snap up - it looks good and the annoying zipper doesn't rub across the leg.

Perfect in every way BUT ONE: they are wierdly tight across the front in upper thigh/lower crotch area yet there is plenty of room at the waist. I am not pear shaped - in fact, mine is the straight body type. So I don't understand this, especially for a cut that is supposed to be "relaxed fit." Wondering if once a few pounds of winter weight are shed that these will fit better or should just be returned. Decided to make the trek to REI to try on several pairs of hiking pants in various brands for comparison - this tightness seems to be particular to the Ex Officios - Hope they are listening to customer reviews because I really like everything else about these!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful pant., June 30, 2013
I usually wear a size 10 quite loosely, but comfortably, which is more important to me than a tight, proper fit. These, however, are a very big 10, so if you are a habitual over-sizer like me you might consider buying your actual size on this one. Still wears perfectly well with a belt, though, and while it can get a bit hot in the summer, and the fabric does not slide well over underlayers in the winter, overall these are still some of my favorite pants. Exceptionally well-designed, and tough enough to stand up to my lifestyle, which even most jeans cannot. Will almost certainly buy another pair, though a size smaller this time, once my current pants start to wear out (which may take a while).

2.0 out of 5 stars nice, August 12, 2013
T. White "Willow Works" (San Ramon, CA United States) - See all my reviews
nice pants but don't like the fabric because every little thing sticks to it and you end up looking like a lint ball...

2.0 out of 5 stars Photo says it all, August 14, 2013
JenB (Northern California) - See all my reviews
The fabric is really neat. But the photo is accurate. They are ugly. The waist fits badly (they run large), and when rolled up they look really silly. And the color is a little too light and kind of a green tint..the color is just not great. I thought I could do something with these pants; stand differently, wear different shoes, but to no avail. However, if you like the fit I'm sure they are very functional.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Big, July 29, 2012
I was excited when I ordered these pants and used the sizing chart to choose which size to purchase. Unfortunately the pants were way too big so I thought I could exchange them. I was most disappointed to find out they would only give me a refund. I didn't have time to reorder because I was going overseas shortly so all I can say is they looked great and I would have loved them in the right size but I don't have them any more.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, April 6, 2012
These pants are wonderful, very light weight, comfortable, they dry quickly and pack well. They are perfect for traveling. This company was easy to deal with and I would use them again.

ExOfficio Women's Nomad Roll-Up Pant