Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on August 27, 2012
I chose the Exact Leather Folio Case mainly because of its low price, and also because on the photos it didn't seem to add too much depth to the Nexus 7. Turns out I made a good choice. The Exact Case is a good fit, had a sturdy build and is not too thick. The integrated stand works flawlessly, so movie buffs can rejoice. My only complaint is that the case doesn't snap or shut tight, which means the integrated magnet triggers the 'screen wake' more often than necessary.
on August 20, 2012
So, I have been happy with this case until a few days ago. I noticed that sometimes my screen would shut off on its own, and it would take up to 20 attempts to be able to unlock the device and get to my homescreen. Well, I figured out that the magnets used in this case may be a tad too strong. If you have the top flap folded back in just the right way, this will happen. I'm just happy I figured out it was the case and not my Nexus 7 having some sort of faulty hardware/software. So, buyer beware.
on November 24, 2012
Does not work well with Nexus 7. Although the fit is ok, it is not as snug as hoped and the hole cutout for the camera isn't really 100% centered. However, the biggest problem I had is the same as most other reviewers; when the cover is folded back, looks like the magnets are too strong and will automatically shutoff the Nexus, making it completely unusable. Returning it.
I purchased this case for my girlfriend's Nexus 7. She had a nice, formfitting silicone case but wanted something that offered a bit more screen protection for her tablet. This case is very nice, the Nexus 7 fits in it perfectly. The stand was a little hard to set up at first, but after a few tries the flip portion of the cover seemed to slide into the fabric "clip" at the back of it. The awake and sleep functionality is great as well. Very cool case!
on February 4, 2013
When I ordered late January (2013), it was $9.98 and included shipping, and I am totally satisfied with this. I'm surprised that this wasn't manufactured by ASUS themselves specifically for the Nexus 7. Exact did a very good job with this case. as it fits the Nexus 7 LIKE A GLOVE and holds the unit VERY securely (there is absolutely NO way it could accidentally slip out when opened). When closed, the cover lies flat snugly over the front of Nexus (it doesn't actually touch the glass, but instead lies directly on the inside case which frames the Nexus.....this frame area also contains the little magnets that allow the cover to lie flat when closed). And when opened, it easily folds against the back or allows you to prop it up with a little leather flap in the back.

It has small holes in the back for the speaker and it also has a wider hole in the front for the camera lens and the light sensor. It also has cutouts for the jacks and other connecting ports. The stitching looks good and appears tight and secure. There's a little flap in the back that bends out and allows you to tuck the cover under, so the unit to stay propped open in landscape mode,...not sure if that will sort of bend out slightly after lots of use, but I'm not too concerned. I'm also not sure what others were saying about the magnet accidentally shutting off the unit when the front cover is folder and flapped all the way to the back.....I bent the cover back and tried moving it all over to re-create the accidental turn off, but luckily it didn't happen ;-).

I also really like the way opening and closing the cover also wakes up or puts it in sleep mode.

Very pleased with the purchase
on November 1, 2012
The case came in a day ago. At first I was disappointed because I thought it would have some way of closing it securely, like a strap with a snap at the end but once I started using it , I found I didn't need it. The price, $9.95, was what got me interested In the first place. The pictures showed what I thought was a strap to keep the case closed but when I got it, I found it was a stylus holder.

I had read good and bad reviews before buying. I couldn't believe that someone said the case didn't fit the Nexus 7. I found the Nexus 7 fit perfectly in the case. Another said the top cover, when folded back behind the Nexus 7 turned the screen off once in awhile. It hasn't happened to me so far. The pleather is nice. It feels really nice in my hands. It's a sturdy but pretty thin case. It adds very little thickness to the tablet at all. It's impressive for the price. It has a place to tuck the front flap under on the back so you can stand up the unit. It's quite stable for me. I'm quite impressed with the case. Even though I said its not needed, a way to snap the case shut would have me give it 5 stars. Over all, I'd say buy it. It's a keeper for me.
on February 27, 2013
The following review has been edited after several months of using the case. It is fulfilling its function,and is a good value for the price, but I think the use of "leather" in the case name is misleading. It seems to be some kind of man-made product. It may include leather fibers, but it is not leather through and through. The case description does include the phrase "made by PU leather," but the term "leather" is used more frequently and prominently.

I chose the Exact leather case for my Nexus 7 largely because of the price, since I felt like I was stretching the budget to buy the tablet. I did not really believe a decent leather case could be found at such a low price, since I had paid at least five times as much for an unlighted Kindle case. I was correct in my thinking. It is a nice-looking, sturdy case, but it is not genuine leather.

The case is made of good quality synthetic leather, and the stitching is even and sturdy looking. The tablet slides snugly into the case, and a flap folds under the tablet edge and velcros securely in place. If, as some reviewers have mentioned, the case seems lose, it is probably because the flap was not properly snugged under the tablet edge. The material around the tablet has an opening for the camera, and is cut to allow access to the on-off and volume buttons, the mini-USB port, and the audio port. The cover is creased in three places so it can be folded around like a magazine cover, or set up as a stand with the front cover tucked under a flap stitched on the back cover. The only thing I would change about the case is to eliminate the small elastic loop on the edge that could hold a pen or a stylus. But there may be some who will have a use for this.

Magnets in the corners of the case trigger sleep mode when the cover is closed. This is very handy, and prolongs battery life. However, the magnets disrupt the Nexus 7's built in compass, and have interfered with using a star-location app and a compass app. I had to remove the case and re-orient the bare tablet to use the apps. The magnets would probably also interfere with accurate use of a GPS app. The magnets do not otherwise interfere with use of the tablet, and, for me, do much more good than harm.

After six months of use, the cover is still in good shape, and I expect it to serve as long as I use the tablet.

I would gladly recommend this case to a friend, but would make sure the friend did not expect genuine leather.
on January 7, 2013
This case is great! Looks really good and feel great to the touch. All ports and buttons are easily accessible. Its cheaper than anything I could find at my local stores and was better constructed than most of the ones they had anyway. Shipping was incredibly fast and the item was damaged in no way. I am also unable to recreate the magnet cutting off the screen with the front folded back that other users were describing. Will definitely be buying from them again!
on December 29, 2013
This was exactly what I needed and the you cannot beat the price! Had no problem with the automatic wake\sleep mode. Been to stores where they're $20-$50 (dumb)and its exactly the same as this. It does kind of slide around inside the case cause it's a smidge bigger than the tablet but that isnt a big deal...Does everything it says, i love it!
on January 14, 2014
This case is great, it is very well constructed with good material and the design is of a quality you would expect to find at a much higher price. The fact that it allows you to prop the device up for easy hands free viewing has come in handy as well. An unexpected surprise.