Customer Discussions > Wii Nunchuk Controller - White forum

Exactly how many controllers do I need so that two people -Wii

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2008 12:24:27 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2008 6:15:56 PM PST
You need one wiimote per player. Nunchuck is a second part that allows more complex games to work and for certain games is how an additional person plays the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2008 2:04:31 AM PST
R. Testa says:
1 person needs 1 Wii Remote and 1 Nunchuk.

2 people need 2 Wii Remotes and 2 Nunchuks.

A Wii Remote plus a Nunchuk is ONE controller for ONE person, using two hands.

This is needed for the Wii Remote, one for each player.

Some games do not need any Nunchuks, but many need them. Wii Sports (the game that comes with the Wii System) needs them for the Boxing event. For the other parts of Wii Sports, this is not used.

I have not seen a game that uses the Wii Remote for one player and only the Nunchuk for the second player. Each player needs the Wii Remote, and there should be a Nunchuk for each Wii Remote.

There are some games where players take turns. For some of these, you can share the Wii Remote with Nunchuk by passing both of them to the next player.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2008 1:42:18 PM PST
TheBrizz says:
Bottom line is this: the system comes with only one Wii remote. Therefore, if you plan to have two people playing against each other, your best bet is to buy an additional Wii remote and two Nunchucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2008 5:40:52 PM PST
PLano says:
Anyone else unable to purchase more than one nunchuk through Amazon? I was able to buy the 2 extra remotes I needed, but it won't let me buy more than one nunchuk! Even if I try to make a separate order. Argh!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2008 9:16:53 AM PST
Brian Curran says:
Yep, I had the same thing happen. Can't find any details about this policy anywhere (other than the 3-consoles-per-household rule), so I don't know how long I'll be prevented from buying a second one here (a week, a month, forever?).... a nuisance that will likely send me to the local B&M electronics store.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008 1:41:03 PM PST
J. Wilder says:
That's incorrect. The system comes with 1 remote and 1 nunchuck. So the best bet is just to buy an additional one of each.
Nintendo's website shows clearly what ships with the Wii system:
http://www.nintendo.com/wii/what

Posted on Feb 22, 2009 8:17:45 AM PST
You need to learn a little respect for your grandmother!!!!!!! She (I assume) bought you this VERY expensive system for your enjoyment and that is how you talk about her!!??? You need some manners!!!!!! (and no, I am not a grandmother - I'm 28).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2009 9:19:37 AM PST
D. Schuette says:
Thanks for saying that. Grandmother's are priceless. I wonder how old Philip Thompson is? Hopefully, around 7 years? Ya think? Well I appreciate all of this info, because I'm looking at buying a system, and don't know a thing about them.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2009 8:08:21 AM PDT
missdee says:
How dare you disrespect your grandmother!!! If I were her this would the last gift you would receive from me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2009 8:46:16 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 13, 2009 8:47:18 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 8:57:50 PM PST
T. Waltz says:
It's the grandmother posting herself, using (probably) Grandpa's account. No one's dissing Grandma!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2009 5:34:23 PM PST
Wow. You are rude.

Posted on Dec 28, 2009 11:08:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2009 11:14:03 PM PST
LazyBoy83 says:
Appreciate your elders man. most of us don't even have our parents anymore due to loss. at least yours are still around to show you love and to see your happiness. try appreciating what they do for you a little more. pretty insane you'd talk about family that does things for you and loves you like that. grow up and be thankful. one nunchuck per wii remote is needed. both can be bought seperately. one nunchuck and wii remote per boxed wii console. hope this helps.

Posted on Jan 11, 2010 6:15:32 PM PST
PRS says:
All, I think stupid grandmother is she, herself, posting. At least that is how I understand it as I read her post. Just like when someone says, "Stupid me, I can't figure out..."

Posted on Apr 17, 2010 1:00:09 AM PDT
Rutherford says:
It's nice that people are sticking up for a grandmother, but the post is From the grandmother. She is self-deprecatingly apologizing for asking a question that others might think is stupid. (It wasn't a stupid question and thank you, grandmother, for asking it. I wanted the same information.)

If it had been young man/boy posting, correcting him a little more gently and compassionately would have been less humiliating for him and therefore better role modeling. Humiliating youngsters to make a point is counterproductive.

Posted on Aug 2, 2010 2:18:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 2, 2010 2:19:00 PM PDT
W. Gray says:
Some games (e.g. Raving Rabbids TV Party) allow passing/sharing the wii remote.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 2, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wii Nunchuk Controller - White
Wii Nunchuk Controller - White by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (809)