Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on May 6, 2011
If you have a couple of days to prepare for your Evidence final, I recommend taking one of those days to read this book. It gives great context to help you understand not only how the rules of evidence work, but also why they are written the way they are. My philosophy is that if you understand why the rule exists, it is easier to remember what the rule is. This E and E can easily be read in a day or two because it is so easy to read. In sum, it is a great supplement to your primary course materials.
on September 12, 2010
I found this E and E to be especially good. The material in this supplement is comprehensive, so just read the section that apply to your prof's teaching.

Excellent hypos, clear explainations, and a good setup made this text a good addition to my evidence studies.
on December 19, 2011
If you have read any of E&E books in law school, one soon realizes there are very few volumes that keep up with Glannon's Civ Pro and Torts.

However, this one comes close. While one of the shortest E&E books, it packs a punch. Professor Best does a great job of explaining the nuances of hearsay in concise plain english.

I had a closed book exam. There is no way I would have "gotten" hearsay exemptions and exceptions without reading the chapters on hearsay. While I studied the whole book, the hearsay chapters alone are worth the price.
on December 23, 2011
I didn't find this E&E all that helpful. I think it would have been better with more hypos explaining some of the nuances of the rules. Also, it would have been helpful if in the Q&A section the fact patterns were shorter -- less example and more explanation.
on April 11, 2011
Great resource for a cut-and-dry understanding of the rules. The explanations of the examples in this E&E are particularly helpful.

Know that this -- as well as any other E&E -- isn't a hornbook. You won't get much case law, and you won't get a full outline. This is a great resource for filling in gaps in your knowledge, but don't treat it as your only source in preparing for an Evidence final.
on December 18, 2015
E&E's are typically a great go to for studying in law school. The examples aren't as well developed compared to other books in this series, further I preferred the questions and explanations book that is out there by a competing publisher
on March 26, 2014
I found this very useful in test preparation. I read some of the texts regarding rules that I had questions. So that helped. However, the questions at the end of each chapter helped the most. As a general rule, test preparation is about practice questions.
on May 18, 2012
Evidence E&E was useful for comparing w/ my notes and the examples were helpful to verify that I wasn't completely lost in the material, but it wasn't as detailed as the material we covered in class, so I wouldn't rely on it alone.
on October 4, 2012
Like a lot of law students, I specialize in the art of "cramming." With evidence my exam preparation was no different. My professor ran a rather dull, non-rigorous Evidence course. I let myself fall behind in the readings and didn't take the class with the amount of seriousness that I should have.

I had used E&E's during first year and was always benefited by using them. With three days to go before exam time, I turned to my friend's evidence E&E. The text clearly broke down the rules to the point where they could be understood. While it didn't go into every rule with painstaking detail, it gave me enough knowledge to understand the rules and effectively apply them to hypos and questions.

I'd definitely recommend the Evidence E&E to anyone, whether you're cramming or just keeping up with the course assignments. I followed my reading up by doing the questions at the end of each section and by using ExamPro's Evidence Supplements (Published by West) and ended up getting an A in the course.
on June 6, 2012
I loved my evidence class but needed a little extra help in preparing for the exam. I trusted Examples and Explanation to get me through Civil Procedure, so it was the clear choice for Evidence.

While this series will never give you all the information you need for a complete outline, I think it is the best prep for an exam. The explanations are superb and the questions allow you to work information on your own. What better way to prepare for your test than by practice.

HIghly recommend this series for most subjects, especially Evidence.