Excalibur EXD500W 5 Tray Excalibur White
The EXD500W by Excalibur comes with 5 trays, a total of 8 square feet of drying space. The adjustable thermostat temperature control ranges from 95◦F to 155◦F making it safe to dehydrate meat for jerky. The fan, heating element and thermostat are in the back of the unit, so cool air is drawn in, heated and then distributed evenly over each tray. This patented Parallex Horizontal Airflow is exclusive to Excalibur and helps the food to dehydrate faster, retain more nutrients and look and taste better, without tray rotation. Since 1973, Excalibur has been made in Sacramento, California. Over the years, Excalibur has taken the lead in advancements related to the mechanics of dehydration including air flow, heating dynamics, and materials.
Any dehydrator will dry food. An Excalibur dries better, faster & safer thanks to Excalibur's patented Hyperwave Fluctuation technology. Ordinary dehydrators produce constant, unchanging heat causing 'case hardening.' Basically a dry surface with moisture trapped inside – the perfect environment for yeast, mold and bacteria growth. With the Excalibur Hyperwave Fluctuation technology the air temperature fluctuates up and the food's surface moisture evaporates, then the air temperature fluctuates down and the inner moisture moves to the drier surface. This keeps the food temperature low enough to keep the enzymes active, but the air temperature gets high enough to dry food, overcoming yeast, mold, and spoilage.
- 5 trays and 8 square feet of drying space.
- No moving food or trays during dehydration.
- Adjustable Thermostat 95◦F to 155◦F. Safe to dry meat for jerky.
- Accurate temperature controls to dry fruits, vegetables, meats, flowers, herbs, pet treats, arts & crafts.
- Dehydrate faster with square trays that hold more food.
- Remove trays as needed to increase the height needed to dehydrate bulky items or raise dough.
- 5-inch fan, 440 watts. Unit Dimensions: 8-1/2 H x 17 W x 19 D (inches)
- Made in the USA.