Merlin 1 Season 2008
Amazon Instant Video
1. The Dragon's Call At the cusp of adulthood, Merlin is sent by his mother to start a new life in Camelot, where he hopes to find adventure and use for his secret talent: magic! Upon arrival, however, he discovers all is not as he had dreamed and he must keep his powers a secret from those he meets.
2. Valiant Camelot is hosting its annual sword tournament and Knights from across the land have come to compete for the coveted title. Among the competitors is Knight Valiant, who will stop at nothing to defeat his competitors and win the highest prize. When Merlin discovers Knight Valient has a deadly ruse to defeat his rivals, Merlin struggles to convince the king.
3. The Mark of Nimueh A deadly plague spreads through the waters of Camelot. Upon examining the dead, it seems sorcery can be the only possible explanation for the deaths. Merlin and Gaius race to discover a cure, and Gwen accused of practicing witchcraft. Merlin cannot believe that Gwen would be at fault, but who else could be behind this?
4. The Poisoned Chalice With her sights set firmly on Merlin, Nimueh tricks him into drinking from a poisoned chalice and Merlin falls dangerously ill. Arthur ventures deep into the forest of Balor to find the antidote, unaware that he is walking directly into a deadly trap.
5. Lancelot Lancelot arrives in Camelot and saves Merlin from a terrifying Griffin. Eager to repay the favor, Merlin attempts to help Lancelot gain status as a Knight of Camelot, even though he lacks noble blood. They soon learn, however, that changing destiny can be a very risky past time...
6. A Remedy to Cure All Ills When Lady Morgana is struck down by a mysterious illness, Gaius is at a loss for a cure. Thankfully, a new physician, Edwin Muirden, is on hand to nurse the King's ward back to health. Will Edwin's success jeopardize Gaius's position as court physician?
7. The Gates of Avalon Arthur's chivalry puts him in danger when he comes to the rescue of a beautiful young woman, Sophia, and her father, Aulfric. Arthur begins to fall in love, but Morgana starts having strange prophesies of Arthur's death. The girl and her father are not what they seem, and Merlin makes a shocking discovery about their mysterious past.
8. The Beginning of the End Merlin comes to the aid of a magical young druid boy named Mordred, and is surprised to find Morgana is eager to help him. The pair wants to smuggle the boy back to his own kind, but their struggle takes a dangerous turn when Uther declares anyone found harbouring the boy will be executed.
9. Excalibur Uther's past comes back to haunt him. At Arthur's coming-of-age ceremony a mysterious Black Knight arrives in Camelot, challenging the Knights of Camelot to mortal combat. As the Knights fall in battle, Merlin seeks the ultimate weapon that can be used to kill the Black Knight. But how do you kill something that may already be dead?
10. The Moment of Truth When Merlin learns that his village is under attack by fearsome raiders, he decides he must return home to defend it. When Arthur, Gwen, and Morgana insist on tagging along to help, Merlin is put in a compromising position: will he reveal his secret gift to Arthur in order to save the village?
11. The Labyrinth of Gedref Arthur kills a rare unicorn on a hunting trip, bringing a curse upon all of Camelot. As the city runs out of both food and water, Arthur is anxious to do whatever he can to make amends and help his people. But in order to do so, he must listen to the mysterious Anhora, protector of the unicorns. Unfortunately, Arthur does not like what Anhora has to say.
12. To Kill the King Gwen's father is arrested for treason and sentenced to death by Uther. Morgana insists on taking revenge and Merlin is shocked to discover just how far she is willing to go. Merlin, meanwhile, struggles with his own destiny when he discovers a plot to kill the king.
13. Le Morte D'Arthur In this final episode of the series, Arthur comes face to face with a mysterious creature of great strength while on a hunting trip. Gaius warns that the creature can only be killed by magic, but Uther refuses to listen, instead sending knights to slay it. Merlin is forced to make some difficult choices between those he loves most in the world. But what is he willing to sacrifice to protect his destiny?
|Genres||Fantasy, Drama, Adventure, Kids & Family|
|Starring||John Hurt, Colin Morgan|
|Supporting actors||Bradley James, Richard Wilson, Angel Coulby, Katie McGrath, Anthony Head, Rupert Young, Eoin Macken, Tom Hopper, Adetomiwa Edun, Nathaniel Parker, Michael Cronin, Emilia Fox, Alexander Vlahos, Santiago Cabrera, Hugh Holman, Michelle Ryan, Caroline Faber, Tom Ellis|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
By themselves to those who are not serious fans of the era when Britain fought against the Saxon and Viking invasions the series is pleasant and entertaining.
Love this series so much. Just finished rewatching series 1 again as I'm doing a full series rewatch. Still love it!Published 6 days ago by Heidi Williams
I really wanted to like it, but can't get over the difficulties I have with the morality of it. Uther the king is anti magic and mercilessly kills anyone born with the ability. Read morePublished 23 days ago by November
The last DVD is supposed to have image gallery, but I find only two folders (AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS)
and AUDIO_TS is just empty. Read more
clever but stylized story line here. not much help from the dialogue and im not all that curious to see how things turn out. we get two senses here 1st. Read morePublished 1 month ago by will crow
Seriously. You're a dollophead. Stop being deprived and watch this show. You can thank me later. It'll all be okay.Published 1 month ago by Jared TWG