From the Back Cover
"Today, no accomplished Excel programmer can afford to be without Johns book. The value of Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA is double most other bookssimultaneously the premier reference and best learning tool for Excel VBA."
Loren Abdulezer, Author of Excel Best Practices for Business
Everything you need to know about:
- Creating stellar UserForms and custom dialog box alternatives
- Working with VBA subprocedures and function procedures
- Incorporating event-handling and interactions with other applications
- Building user-friendly toolbars, menus, and help systems
- Manipulating files and Visual Basic® components
- Understanding class modules
- Managing compatibility issues
Feel the power of VBA and Excel
No one can uncover Excels hidden capabilities like "Mr. Spreadsheet" himself. John Walkenbach begins this power users guide with a conceptual overview, an analysis of Excel application development, and a complete introduction to VBA. Then, he shows you how to customize Excel UserForms, develop new utilities, use VBA with charts and pivot tables, create event-handling applications, and much more. If youre fairly new to Excel programming, heres the foundation you need. If youre already a VBA veteran, you can start mining a rich lode of programming ideas right away.
- Trial version of the authors award-winning Power Utility Pak
- Over one hundred example Excel workbooks from the book
System Requirements: PC running Windows® 2000 SP3 or later, or Windows XP™ or later. Microsoft Excel 2003. See the "Whats on the CD" Appendix for details and complete system requirements.
About the Author
John Walkenbach, principal of JWalk and Associates Inc., is a leading authority on spreadsheet software and creator of the award-winning Power Utility Pak. He has written more than 30 spreadsheet books and more than 300 articles and reviews for publications including PC World, InfoWorld, and Windows, and maintains the popular Spreadsheet Page at www.j-walk.com/ss.