50%
50%
Excel 2007 Pocket Guide
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$12.26+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

When I first received the book I started reading it, but I quickly stopped. It is a great book, I can recommend it, but it is not one of those books you can read without having access to the program it writes about. You want to get your hands dirty.

let me explain:
I read the first chapter explaining the ribbon interface and it does a great job doing this. It is well written and it gave a good first overview of the new working method. It does this by a good writing style accompanied with illustrations.

Then I got on the second chapter explaining the capabilities of Excel. Because this is great for beginners I give it a thumbs up. More experienced users like myself will not read and use all the practice tests in the book but I have caught myself taking the book from the shelf from time to time for "a quick reference in how to get things quickly done".

The book is called Excel 2007 a pocket guide with the tagline: a quick reference to common tasks.

And the book delivers what it promises!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on May 3, 2011
I just took a clas on Excel and this is very helpful while I try to put my new knowledge to use. Sometimes, in a class, you can't go at your own speed and this is filling in some of the gaps in my memory.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again