4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Perfect!
I have to admit, I was skeptical of the product when I first read the details. However I must say that it works without any flaws whatsoever!

Published 11 months ago by V. F. Welch

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for music but not as handsfree phone
Published 5 months ago by Neil in NC

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Perfect!, January 22, 2014
This review is from: Excelvan Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Car Charger Adapter Cigarette Lighter for Samsung Galaxy S 4/3 Galaxy Note 4 / 3 /2 Nexus 5/4 iPhone 5S/5C iPad Air Mini 2 HTC One/M8 Blackberry Z10 SONY (Wireless Phone Accessory)

I've purchased FM Transmitters for my car for a while, unfortunately my CD Player doesn't have an aux port that everyone uses these days. I thought about buying a car mount that had the FM Transmitter included, but none worked with my iPhone 5S or my girlfriend's Samsung Galaxy S3. Finding an FM Transmitter with a USB Charger looked impossible for our different phones, however with this being Bluetooth we can switch phones without having to deal with messy chords. The sound quality is even better than previous FM Transmitters I've purchased, and changing the station is a breeze.

It's also VERY travel friendly, I just got back from a trip where I had a rental car. All I did was plug it in and I was ready to go! I am already telling my friends about this, as it is a necessity for anyone who has a smartphone and wants to listen to their music in the car with ease. The only caveat I have is that I was hoping for 2 USB ports, but that's hardly a detraction from the product itself.

Don't be afraid, this is the real deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Device, April 6, 2014
TheTange "theTange" (Winston-Salem, NC United States) - See all my reviews
Over the years I have purchased a few other FM transmitters. Sound quality was always lacking and I gave up on an FM transmitter being an option. I came across the Excelvan transmitter while surfing on Amazon and saw the great reviews for it - so I have those who purchased this item and reviewed it to thank for convincing me to give it a shot. I agree with the other reviews. This device works flawlessly and the sound is excellent. I'm easily distracted/annoyed by even faint static or bad sound. When I'm playing music from my Galaxy Note 3 to my car stereo through this Bluetooth device, the sound is as if I had a cd playing. I can hear no static and the music/vocals all sound perfect. I've tried everything from the Carpenters (for the vocal purity) to Metallica (for guitars) to Queen (everything in between) and the sound is excellent.

If you're like me and bad about not reading instructions and decide to buy this device, after you plug it into your lighter, just remember to turn the far right "turner" on the device so that the volume is turned all the way up (of course have your car stereo volume lower). The left "turner" is to tune to whatever radio frequency you want (I'm using 88.1). At first I had the volume down on the device, not realizing the device itself had a volume control. Figured it out very easily and quickly, but thought I would mention for anyone else.

Thanks to everyone who reviewed this before me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for music but not as handsfree phone, July 24, 2014
This is an oddly shaped product, but happens to be quite well suited for use in our 02 Subaru Outback -- the curved stalk dodges around the shift lever quite nicely. I had no trouble pairing with my wife's Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, and now she has tunes in her car. We did try the phone function and found it just adequate when she was sitting in a non-moving car. Time will tell how good it is when she's driving -- I don't have high hopes.

A few operational notes:

1. The unit turns on automatically when the ignition key is turned (and pairs quickly), but doesn't turn off when power is removed. The manual says it will turn off after 3 minutes of no Bluetooth connection, but the reception reaches into our house, so even though the phone is no longer in the car it still remains connected (not good). It's easy enough to press the button on the end of the stalk for a couple seconds, but that's just one more thing to do.

2. The audio fidelity into the radio is very good, but there is a constant audible hiss level. Generally not a problem when driving, it's hidden by road noise.

3. The built-in led's are REALLY BRIGHT, will be a bit of a pain when driving at night. I may need to find a way to hide or cover it to avoid being blinded by it.

4. The manual is a joke. As someone mentioned in another review, it looks like someone took Chinese and just put it through a translation filter. They really need to get an English speaking person to re-write.

5. The added USB adapter is a really nice plus, we use it to charge the phone.

All in all seems good for transmitting smartphone audio into our radio. I will check back in later if I have more to add to this review after we've used it for a while.

7/25/14 update: The speakerphone is rubbish -- way too much road noise, it swamps the microphone. I hope we can use this thing just for music and not get in the way of ordinary hand-held phone operations.

7/27/14 update: Not only is the speakerphone useless when driving, it can't be disabled. In other words when a call comes in and you're driving (unless I'm missing something in the "copious" documentation) you can't just pick up the phone and talk. This is a deal-breaker for me. It's going back...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Device!, April 13, 2014
This product has a very easy setup and works great! The sound is very clear and has absolutely no static

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, April 14, 2014
Works perfect!!! Bought two of them. It's nice not having to hook a wire up and there's nothing to mess around with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this today and had it setup in about 30 seconds!, April 5, 2014
Very easy to use in all ways. Actually plugged it in while I was driving down the road! Would recommend to anyone. Sound quality was very good, and it was easy to select a channel.

4.0 out of 5 stars worked as advertised., March 20, 2014
Arrived on time, set up was easy. I like the sound from it, the clarity of the sound is great I was impressed. I liked it so much this is my second one.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, March 15, 2014
This thing is awesome I plan to buy another one for my truck sometime soon. Very nice product I was impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does everyting I wanted, May 9, 2014
Mark B (California) - See all my reviews
Nice features:
Easy to pair.
Sound quality is good.
USB charger is 1A
Wireless off plug use via internal battery is unique. Can run for about 1.5 hours with no power.
Flexible stalk is adjustable.
LED Lights are not as bright as I feared.

The bad:
Causes horrible AM radio interference, especially bad while USB charging. Not a big deal if you don't use AM.
The system is a bit larger than I expected, about 9 in tall. However the flexible stalk keeps it reasonable.
The FM transmitter is so powerful, it bleeds to adjacent channels. The radio can tune in 0.2MHz on either side of the channel you set. Will cause FM radio interference on over the air stations up to 1.0 MHz from center frequency.
LED's at the end of the stalk are still bright enough to be annoying at night.

As a side note, the packaging is comes in is a plain white box.
LCD display is red back lit, not blue as shown.

I do feel I got what I paid for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy setup, good sound quality., May 8, 2014
I've tried several of the FM transmitters where you had to hook the cable into the headphone jack of the phone but the sound quality was always somewhat muffled, with this however the sound quality is pretty good and does not sound muffled. Not as good as a line in to your car stereo but still good. There is some background hiss depending on how clear the FM channel you choose is. I'm in Central Mass and there is no completely "clean" channel to use but still does well. The only disappointment is that when I hook a charging cable between the Excelvan and my Nexus 5, the screen of the Nexus 5 becomes unresponsive. I did note in the Excelvan instructions that it only references it charging Apple products so maybe that's the issue (I know Apple uses a different charging scheme than everybody else).