Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 2, 2012 12:06:25 AM PDT
Raidenknight says:
Devil May Cry needs to go back to being a Playstation Exclusive. It was one of our best ones with the first three and making it DMC 4 a cross platform made us loose that. I do own both systems and a custom pc so im not just being a PS fanboy. But anyways who else agrees on that?

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 6:21:17 PM PDT
Josh says:
The idea that people want to see games exclusive to one system is so pathetic. Who cares if it isn't exclusive anymore. More people get to play it.
Its like being upset about the neighbor kid getting a new bike because you have one.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 10:07:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 5, 2012 10:08:50 PM PDT
Raidenknight says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 5:23:12 PM PDT
Josh says:
You're right, it is a competition. A competition between the developers, publishers, and other big businesses but not the consumers. We're the ones who need to decide which console to buy and because of that, we're torn between good games. This competition has people paying more money than they want on different consoles just to enjoy themselves.

Exclusives are just a reason to own one system over another. Gamers aren't single platform people. Most of us have to buy consoles we don't even want just to play exclusive titles.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 9:47:44 PM PDT
Thomas Parry says:
The thing about being a PS3 exclusive is that programmers are less worried about the size of the game, which potentially makes it longer or more data intense (not necessarily "better"). When a game is made with the thought of PS3 exclusivity and then becomes cross platform you run into problems, like with Final Fantasy XIII, which is 1 disc on the PS3, but 3 for the XBox 360 because it was a late production decision... Final Fantasy XIII-2 on the other hand is 1 disc on both, as it was designed from the get go to be cross platform, and is thus noticeably shorter in terms of total content. That said, this point of the exclusive issue has only existed during this last generation of consoles. For all others, your analysis is spot on... exclusives were just there to lure gamers to one system or the other.

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 1:46:08 AM PDT
Lunar Steel says:
because without exclusives in the future ......everyone would own just one console. Which sounds good on paper but no completion is bad for consumers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 7:02:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 7:03:47 AM PDT
Gallant says:
The only time I get really bothered by cross-platforms is when it's made for PC and the consoles at the same time; usually means the PC version gets dialed down graphics and gameplay as a whole. I don't think that gaming on the PC is the best way, but computers get updated constantly and are powerhouses. The consoles start off strong when they're first released (or at least with their second, slimmer versions) but only get significant updates (a new console) every few years.
However, I still don't mind that much. Especially since the upside to a console is you know that almost any game made for it will work on it, you don't get that guarantee with a PC.
I think Thomas Parry has a great point and I didn't realize the Ps3 discs could hold so much more than the 360 discs. New variable to consider.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:11:41 AM PST
Xion says:
While Tomas Parry is correct .. there is also the resolution at which the PS3 can handle that the xbox currently cannot. It's easy in our minds to simply say :"Why don't they put it on all gaming platforms!" Well, there is extra costs, manufacturing, licenses and normally for systems with less resources they have to tremendous reduce, remove and chop up parts of the game. Some games are just better off on certain consoles.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:29:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 5:39:01 AM PST
jur says:
When you use the word "our" and "us" to describe your relationship with Playstation.... yeah..... that makes you a PS fanboy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 3:32:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 3:33:37 PM PST
Crono says:
This right here is the winning comment!

Competition means more products--more products means more money--more money means better economy. Believe it or not, the gaming market is a very large part of the economy--in fact, if the gaming market went away, the United States would crumble soon after.

There is a reason why monopolies are illegal.

But regardless--if everything did go multi-platform, then there would only be one system. If there was only one system there would be less cash for developers, and less cash for developers means lousy games.

It has now turned into a catch 22. Go Multi to make more money, but then lose money in the long run, or stay exclusive and watch others make more money.

Thankfully, most developers are in it for the creativity and creation, and not so much the money (unlike one-game-a-year companies). Developers like naughty dog are what keeps my faith high in future good games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:29:27 PM PST
Raidenknight says:
yeah only not really, if i was a PS fanboy i would only own the PS3, so cool story and all but nice try.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:31:55 PM PST
Raidenknight says:
that is the winning comment and proves my point, when you start to cross platform everything there's no competition and no reason to have more than one console.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 1:23:07 AM PST
No.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 11:12:30 PM PST
cwsluke says:
yeah I was just checking all my ps3 games to see what ones used dual layer blu ray discs. it was games like kz3 uc3 and heavy rain that needed over 25GB.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  DMC: Devil May Cry forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Sep 2, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
DMC: Devil May Cry
DMC: Devil May Cry by Capcom (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (201)