5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Yes! It does WORK!
Published on May 6, 2002 by sivam

3.0 out of 5 stars The "Excuse Me" Lynn versus the Dead Lynn
I want to address the overall issues of this book (which was based 100% on the Abraham channelings of esther Hicks) versus Lynn's later "doom and gloom" books. Some people have wondered whether the "Excuse Me" book is true or whether the later negative books are true.

Published on March 13, 2005 by W. Christie

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Yes! It does WORK!, May 6, 2002
sivam (Columbia, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting : The Astonishing Power of Feelings (Hardcover)
I am a self help book addict! I bought this book a year ago..browsed it and put it back on my bookshelf. 3 months ago as I was digging for a book..it literally fell of the shelf and hit me on the head. Okay..I got the hint. I read it and could not put it down. I immediatly started practicing what Lynn writes..Instead of thinking positive thoughts..you have to "FEEL" the positive emotions behind the thoughts. Example : Thought : I want a new car. Feeling: Feel the feeling of driving the new car..the smell of the new car ..how you are soaring in good vibes as you start your engine of your new car..I think you get my drift. It sounds so easy..but by Gosh it works and within 2 weeks of reading her book, I had changes of prosperity in my life. I actually loaned the book to my sister a few months ago and want it BACK..I want to re-read it again and again.
Great book, easy and fun reading.
I am giving it 5 stars because the concept was easy to understand, she explains a very hard concept "feelings" and gives you the map/directions on how to start practicing immediatly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Divine Magic!, July 27, 2000
The simple ideas presented in Lynn's book WORK and far more effectively than anything I have ever tried in the past! This is the ONLY book that I have ever bought extra copies of to gift family and friends with - everyone should read it because it clearly defines Who and What we Truly Are without judgement, rules, criticism, dogma, whatever. If you've read, practiced or studied anything regarding quantum physics, energy healing, Reiki, Creative Visualization, A Course in Miracles, Conversations with God, or any topic relating to Metaphysics, Manifesting Money, healing in all forms, self-discipline ... then this is the book for you! You'll go farther and faster than you ever have previously with much more appreciable joy and comfort in your Well-Beingness. We raised my daughter during her teen years with pretty much the same concepts, albeit less directly applied, and she is (at 19) already a superb Creator, manifesting a lifestyle that took my husband and I over two decades to produce! Applying Lynn's process simply WORKS. Don't you really (really!) want to live your life happily with everything clicking into place perfectly? You can! Buy Lynn's book and also check out the site, where Lynn's source teaching is derived from ... Feeling Good is our Birthright, so we might as well embrace it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Turn Your Life Around For the Better -- Right Now!, July 8, 2001
Lynn Grabhorn answers the age-old question, "What makes our lives turn out the way they do?" with a surprisingly simple answer... it's all in the way we FEEEEEL! We've been taught backwards -- we've learned to forcefully push forward like the Lone Ranger riding off at full gallop to get what we want in life. This lone ranger approach usually serves to exhaust us while making little headway into bringing the things we wish we had to us (such as good health, a loving home, fulfilling relationships, rewarding work, and money).
"Yes, yes", you may reply, "That all sounds great, but I've tried similar things before, and never noticed a difference". You'll be glad to know that EXCUSE ME, YOUR LIFE IS WAITING is written just for you! It's packed with pointers for how to break through your own unique barriers to a life of well-being, as well as real-life examples of what a difference our feelings make based on Grabhorn's own fascinating life story. What makes Grabhorn's book so compelling is that she describes the tale of her own transformation. Grabhorn was once proficient at making things happen with hard work, perspiration, and ever-vigilant worry -- and has become a woman who starts out by feeling love and appreciation, and who has now become healthy and prosperous in every way.
How fast can you expect to see results? Grabhorn outlines a 30 day program, by which she changed her own life from focusing on energy-draining feelings to flip-switching over to appreciate the good things in life. All we have to do is follow the four main steps: identify what we don't want, identify what we DO want, find the feeling place of our want, and expect the universe to deliver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excuse me your life is waiting, April 23, 2000
"mirah" (Washingtom D C area) - See all my reviews
I have been feeling overwhelmed with life and just the other day on my lunch hour I walked into a neat little store across the street from my office and began a conversation with a lady behind the counter. I bought a couple of small items and we began to talk. One thing lead to another and she told me she had read a self help book which is the only self help book she will ever need. I was impressed since I have read many looking for answers. I asked her the name of the book and then asked her where I could buy it. She pointed to it on the shelf. I bought it and read in within 24 hours. The author has hit on a profound approach and that is we spend our time thinking about what we don't want rather than what we do want.This is so true because I have been doing that for years and I have been in what Lynn clls sameville. Especially in reference to relationships.I have spent too much time trying to change what I don't want but I have only been changing them in my mind. The physical change has not yet happened so I have resolved nothing. This book made me aware that I need to dream again and to enjoy what is good in my life and stop concentrating on those problem areas that are someone elses to fix.Lynn makes the process simply to understand but she doesn't minimize the work that will be necessary to make changes. Nor does she tell you this will be a quick fix. After reading the book I feel energized and want to get my life moving forward. I think this is the only book I will ever need to read but may have to read it over and over to remind myself that I am responsible for my happiness and am free to do what I want to make me happy.

3.0 out of 5 stars The "Excuse Me" Lynn versus the Dead Lynn, March 13, 2005

I think the question reflects a primary distortion about life!!! Perhaps neither are true, depending on your understanding.

As someone 52 years old, let me reveal a great spiritual truth:

S**t happens, no matter how much you deny and affirm your little hearts out. Nonetheless, we must keep on keeping on.

We are part of a majestic MATRIX (to use a pop movie metaphor), here to learn and grow. Part of that growth process is to acknowledge and use our own power as "Excuse me" elaborates.

However, no where in the rule book for this reality does it say that a human has complete control (will get all his/her desires met, never again have the common cold or a urinary tract infection, never have sadness or sorrow). WE ARE HERE TO LEARN, and PHYSICAL EMOTIONAL MENTAL SOCIAL CHALLENGE is part of that process. So, if Lynn claimed that using her techniques would give you a "perfect" life, then she was deluded and her book is deluded.

Lynn seems to at times have been one of the New Age Naive, i.e., that you can just "think" your way to a perfect life. I suspect that in real life, Lynn found this does not work! She then went back to her swinging pendulum and sought other answers, and evidently some discarnate beings were very willing to mess with her head, and proclaim that Blue Meanies from the Astral realm of Mordor are to blame for our zits and bad hair days, et al.(This is the mentality of her later books).

Lynn threw out the entire concept of personal power in her later books, and went instead to some fear based negative victim mentality that blames bogeymen for all the negative in the world. I heard that she was seriously ill with cancer, and could not think her way out of that one, and consequently died.

Well, join the rest of the human race! None of us are going to get out of here (this Matrix) alive. We all pass on even if we think 10,000 times a day that we will live forever like Zsa Zsa Gabor!

The issue that comes up is, where do the "bad" things come from?

I tend to not take a stand on that. For one thing, many spiritually enlightened masters ask us "Who defines bad?" Is it bad to get cancer, if in so doing you reach all your goals for this life in terms of gaining the needed ego renunciation, a great growth of compassion and love for others? Was such a life a failure because you weren't healthy and spending your time driving around in a red sportscar? What is life about?

I ask these questions because they are what matter. Did a "higher self" and I creat a blue print before my birth to force me to address weakenesses and grow at certain junctures? Or was it some nasty little devil with a pitchfork who wants to rain on my party? If so, such devils actually ended up "serving the Lord" because I can report that I have grown dramatically as a result of my adversities. As a regular guy, I don't encourage having adversities, but they are part of the game rules for this reality. Even the great late Jane Roberts, who started all the New Age pop version of "you create your own reality" via Seth teachings, eventually died in agony in a hospital.

I hope you realize that WHAT happens to you is not what life is all about. WHAT YOU DO IN REACTION TO WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU is what life is all about. Get it? It is called the spiritual journey.

So I suggest you use "Excuse Me" to enhance your life as much as you can, but realize (a caveat) that having everything happen as you want it to happen is NOT the reality of existence in this MATRIX.

However, we can certainly use the lessons in "Excuse Me" to make a profound positive difference from time to time. Being positive is always better; our bodies were designed to work that way.

Love to you all - time to put my backpack on again and start down the path. If I come upon a negative experience, I will use it to feel my true connection with God (known in ancient study as PRACTICING THE PRESENCE OF GOD) and hopefully grow. I sure wish Lynn was around to talk to....I fear she resisted negative experiences to the point of missing the blessing (the spiritual growth possible via that adversity). She seems to have spent too much time yelling "Who is to blame for this?" while God was whispering "Darling, you are missing the point! Come to me, and I will bring you peace and new wisdom. Every challenge contains a hidden gift and it is your responsibility to find it!"

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly inspiring, but not edited well, December 14, 2003
The information that Lynn Grabhorn presents in this book is quite astonishing and some will rebel against it. She insists that our positive or negative feelings create the reality we live in. While I don't think this is typical "blame-the-victim" mentality, it is a difficult concept for people to swallow. Did everyone at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon create their death scenario on Sept. 11th, 2001? I don't think so. But there is some karmic truth to what she says as it pertains to everyday life.
The information on positive thoughts is quite powerful. Her methodology does work, although it's extremely difficult to keep the practice of postive feelings going all day long. I need to refer to this book often to remember to stay positive.
I'd have given the book five stars, had it not been for irritating repetition of the word "feeeeelings" throughout the book. We get the message in the first few pages, but Grabhorn insists on repeating this word until your back teeth begin to grind. (And then that song of the same name starts playing in your head. Aghhhh.) An editor with a heavier hand was sorely needed.
But on the whole, if you can ignore the negatives, this can be a life-changing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book picks up where the others left off. Outstanding!!, August 22, 1999
This exceptional writing stands alone in my library of self-help books as the single, most effective source of inspiration I've experienced in years. Lynn Grabhorn takes the basic concepts and ideas of improving the quality of life, and goes light-years further in sharing a little-known secret about how to use the energy in the universe to bring greater good into your life. Candid, humorous, and easy to read, this life-changing masterpiece will be with me forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE be open minded and have fun with it!.., July 7, 2006
I am an artist and a writer myself. Why do so many people in their reviews zero in on the 'poor writing style'? This book's strength is in its conversational approach, not how many SAT words are used. It's the message! Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I am a serious literature lover myself, but please drop your cynicism for once and just imagine there is a jolly old woman - kind of like an 'Auntie' - having a chat with you, who is all excited about her message. You are having a lovely dinner, and she tells you all about it, while you are having a good laugh, some nice food, and tomorrow is, indeed, going to be a fantastic day full of wonderful possibilities.

Instead of pulling the book apart and bringing up 9/11, as PROOF that none of this works, or fear of being sucked into scientology, give it a chance and approach it in good fun!

In fact, where did the fun go? And why does everything that's written have to be 'proven' or substantiated? Since when we are only listening to people with PH.Ds or medical degrees? What about our own intuition? What about the fact that Jesus was not an educated man? Did that deter people from listening to him at the time? It was the message that counted, right? We are so programmed to believe certain things and reject others, that by the time the next 20 years roll in, and with them a complete shift in medical and/or physics approach, we are the ones who will be left behind! Or not..if you keep an open mind and use this book without your brain getting in the way, it may actually do some good things for you!

About the scientology review: I am not an all-time devotee of scientology or how they go about it. But I would not be surprised to see that a few of its concepts coincide with the Law of Attraction ideas. After all, all religions or spiritual endevours or even self-help books have a lot more in common than most people would admit.

To re-iterate and a few other points:

1) No, this book is not War and Peace or Chekhov re-visited. But you don't want it to be!

2) Listen to your heart and smile while reading it. This woman had an amazing life and overcame addiction, plus went on to teaching and writing. Her soul does shine through. Be inspired!

3) Don't get tangled up in details like 'oh, how could she call them victims etc.' Maybe she's right, maybe she isn't. Either way, 'your' holding on bad feelings isn't going to change squat for 9/11 victims.

One more time: YOUR BEING UNHAPPY, FEARFUL or ANGRY is NOT going to help anyone - it is just going to make yourself feel miserable. And, if you haven't noticed, everyone around you.

4) It is possible to feel compassion without getting mired in negativity: it would be more like: 'you are so sad/unhappy, and I see you and acknolowledge your pain, but I believe that it is all going to be all right and it already is. Trust me!' - rather than 'oh, you are so sad/unhappy and now so am I to keep you company. Let's be sad/unhappy together!'

5) The Law of Attraction does elucidate it (to me) why two people can be in the same circustances, same place, same city, same office and still have completely different experiences, emotionally and physically. Think about it. Also, I have traveled widely, alone, at a young age, and I often had to rely on seemingly unreliable people in possibly unsafe circumstances. And when I believed in them, and believed that they would not hurt or let me down (but really believed, without a trace of fear), it always turned out that way! It even worked with Italian mafia:-) Think of approaching a dog - if you think it will bite you, it almost always will. It also explains why certain people are SO accident and illness prone. My mom is one of those people. She always expects the worst - and the worst, inevitably always happens.

6) Just feel good. Lynn is right about this universal malaise we all have. The news conspire to bring us down because the ratings are supposedly higher. I don't watch TV. I don't watch the news (I get it off the internet).

Try it. Enjoy it. Play with it. Remember when you were little and the world was full of unending possibilities? Re-live it.

And watch your life turn around.

5.0 out of 5 stars When you're ready for it..., November 5, 2003
Amazon's recommendations led me to this book...Thank you Amazon. OK, Lynn Grabhorn's writing style may be a little annoying, but the basic gist of this is that the energy that you put out/vibrate attracts your life experiences. Life is about choosing to feel good. Obviously, most of us are not experts on this, but some of us are trying to grasp this concept and apply it. If anything, I am grateful to this book for leading me to the Abraham-Hicks material, from which this book is based. Some folks are upset that Grabhorn did not give enout credit to the Abraham materials...true, but I wonder how many people were led to them through the book as I was (she does give a thank you to the "Hicks Family" in the intro). Consider this book a sort of intro to the Abraham-Hicks material...when you are ready you can move on to it. Then, if you are wanting something more "deep" regarding the concept of reality creation...check out the Jane Roberts/Seth materials. Personally I find the Abraham-Hicks material is just fine for me!
The bottom line is 1) it works and 2) not everyone is ready for this concept. With regard to the reviewer who questioned why children have bad life experiences...if you accept the concept that is put out here and by the Abraham materials that we choose our life experience before we are born, and that children are influenced by the energies around them, you may see how this happens. When you look around and begin to realize just how many of us are "flatlining" or putting out zero good energy, you start to realize how pervasive this mindset is. You can be a "good/nice" person and still vibrate fear, negativity and other low frequency energies and attract "bad things."
Far from being scary, these concepts are actually kind of freeing as you realize that you are part of God, that you are not some puppet whose strings are being pulled by some outside force, etc.
I have not read her second book, "Dear God!" which has been likened as the "depressive" part of a manic/depressive episode (this book being the manic) and I have no intention of doing so. I don't think Lynn Grabhorn is necessarily a guru or "master" of these principles (nor are many of us!) but she is at least the messenger....of which I'm grateful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting, August 7, 2000
Susan Zitron-Woods (Larkspur, Marin County, CA) - See all my reviews
I have been coaching people into successful careers for over eight years and have been using some of the techniques in Lynn's book long before she published. Now that her book is out, I have made it REQUIRED reading for all of my clients at whatever level of success they may be, and am adding it to my site in the Rules for Rising to the Top section. Lynn's flamboyant yet sincere style makes this an easy-to-understand and easy-to-do book. With almost a decade invested in this approach, I have learned so much about how to self manage from this book. In just a week after reading it, following a surprising dry spell, my business increased substantially and continues to grow. All of my clients who have read the book are sharing major increases and advances within their own experience. This book is a must read.

Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting : The Astonishing Power of Feelings
Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting : The Astonishing Power of Feelings by Lynn Grabhorn (Hardcover - February 21, 2000)
Used & New from: $0.01