Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 11, 2012 3:05:47 PM PST
JK41995 says:
Great book to help you get out of your way and the techniques to help you do so...

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 3:07:39 PM PST
JK41995 says:
No More Big Buts, 7 Transformational Steps to Banish Excuses From Your Life

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 5:45:37 PM PDT
gr8fl says:
It has given me pause for thought ever since hearing Dr Dyer discussing Excuses Begone! on PBS. He said something to the effect that none of your desired manifestations can occur as long as you pass judgement on any of gods children (creatures?) in any way. He said that was the case with himself and once brought to his attention, he stopped judging others then the floodgates opened up and everything started manifesting for him. What exactly does he mean by "judging"? Don't we all (including him) judge others to some extent. Don't moral people pass judgment to some extent on "gods children" on a daily basis? Do we not judge a murderer, child molester, thief, etc. negatively? Is he saying he doesn't? Isn't it the job of some in society to do just that? To a lesser extent, who doesn't on occasion see (judge) another as unattractive, too fat, too thin, rude, etc.? So following the teachings in this or any of his books will never (can not?) work for anyone who has such judgements unless you first stop having them? It would seem to be an improbable task for most of us to achieve. Am I misinterpeting what he said?

I hope

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 6:27:39 AM PDT
JK41995 says:
Hey there gr8fl, I see what you mean by judging. It's something that we all do, whether consciously or unconsciouly. In this case, I think awareness of what you're doing can actually lessen the judgement to others. I see most of this as a lifelong process.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:42:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 11:42:41 AM PST
David Allen says:
Perhaps he's talking in generalities and not specifics.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits
Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits by Wayne W. Dyer (Hardcover - May 26, 2009)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (371)