5.0 out of 5 stars Fight Back
Published on November 9, 2006 by Fightback

2.0 out of 5 stars some what disappointing
after 20+ years of relapse/remision I'm at a point where many things are much harder. The tone and attitude were wonderful. The basic weights and exercises were standard but the MS specialized like how to stand up were unclear and not well illustrated....
Published on March 19, 2007 by Tim J. Patterson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fight Back, November 9, 2006
This review is from: Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis: A Safe and Effective Program to Fight Fatigue, Build Strength, and Improve Balance (Paperback)
I have been battling Multiple Sclerosis for years and I have read almost every book I have run into on the subject. This book is by far the best, for people who are unwilling to surrender to this disease. Brad Hamler clearly understands that it is possible to delay the immobility and other physical problems that MS can cause, by maintaining a focused exercise routine. I had come to the same conclusion myself and I was delighted to read the experiences of a medical service professional, with extensive experience with MS patients, confirming my strategy in battling this disease. I highly recommend this book to anyone with MS. A well focused excercise routine has been the most clearly effective therapy, of all the therapies I have tried. If you have MS, this book will show you how to fight back, and keep active and mobile. Eventually, medical science will develop therapies not requiring this much effort, but until then Brad has the best strategy to battle MS. Continue with whatever drug therapy you may be on, but add Brad's exercise routine to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking at MS excercises from the age of 67., January 9, 2007
This is a terrific, positive presentation, especially for younger patients with MS. As I have had MS for over forty years I found some of the exercises more difficult than they would have been when I was in my thirties or forties. However I liked the positive reinforcing attitude of the author and found many of the exercises helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very effective book for MS exercise, January 15, 2007
I've been struggling with MS for years and have tried pt that was kind of standard, aquatic pt -- and just plain riding an exercise bike. This book is full of information I haven't received from any of my docs or pts -- VERY helpful, encouraging and the excercise program is manageable and seems to be helping! Thanks, Brad Hamler.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you've can't afford your own personal trainer..., May 14, 2007
Managing fatigue, balance, spasticity and other symptoms make exercising a true challenge for those of us with MS. The descriptions and the pictures ensure that you're doing the exercises correctly. Most can be done at home and/or at the gym. In Part 111, there is a discussion on the benefits of working out and pacing yourself on "bad days" that I found very useful. Definitely worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exercises for MS, January 9, 2007
I found the book to be very informative and helpful. The excercises are fairly easy to do and the author is very knowledgable about MS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, May 12, 2007
This book is wonderful. Finally one that does not do the "oh, poor you" and give us a workable workout schedule without costly machines. It is a book that makes us take charge of what we can control and gives us a better chance for a future filled with "can do's" instead of "feel sorry for me".

5.0 out of 5 stars Move it or lose it!, April 13, 2007
J. Browning (Thomas, WV USA) - See all my reviews
I very much appreciate this book. When I was first diagnosed in 2004 the 'experts' were still telling us we couldn't do anything because it made us tired or could trigger an exacerbation. I'm glad to see a book that addresses the need for regular exercise for people with MS. What can happen to a healthy person over the coarse of a life time can happen to someone with MS in a matter of years or months or even weeks. "Move it or lose it!" This book provides an easy to understand and follow exercise routine that can serve me for a life time.

2.0 out of 5 stars some what disappointing, March 19, 2007

1.0 out of 5 stars A rip-off for people who are fighting MS, May 11, 2008
Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis: A Safe and Effective Program to Fight Fatigue, Build Strength, and Improve Balance (Exercises for)

As an MS patient who, like most, must use money wisely, this book was the worst purchase I have ever made. It is a total rip-off! It is regurgitated information about MS that even the most minimally educated patient knows. Then, the exercises are not designed for MS patients with their balance, numbness and pain problems but are generic exercises that can be found anywhere in a book, on the Internet or on a simple video DVD.

Save your money!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not helpful, December 22, 2009
A. Munger (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviews
I was diagnosed 1.5 years ago with MS. I was already working with as trainer (and have worked out on and off for 26 years.) This book gave me NO new knowledge. It discussed basic workouts, but did not let me know which muscle groups would be more beneficial to work to improve MS progression and why. Since I have taken kinesiology, anatomy and physiology I found it very simplistic and annoying. If you have no background working out, it may be helpful. However, if you have any experience working out, I would not pay for this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›