5.0 out of 5 stars BASIC TREADMILL
Paradigm Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill
Published on February 16, 2010 by Karen Watson

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY - PIECE OF JUNK
For the 2 months I used this treadmill - I really LOVED it. I'm 5'3" and it's a perfect size for me and my apt. I wouldn't buy it if you're much taller as the walking platform is very short. But for me it was perfect. I have a bad ankle and this helped enormously in rehab-ing it.

WARNING - Treadmill came in a box that was completely destroyed. Huge hole...
Published on December 16, 2010 by doktortelevision

5.0 out of 5 stars BASIC TREADMILL, February 16, 2010
Karen Watson (Round Rock, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
Paradigm Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill
Looking for a basic treadmill? Check out this one! It is exactly what I was searching for: no frills, level walking area, monitors time, distance, calories & walking speed. I agree that the walking area is short but I am 5'3" which works perfectly for me. I can see that it may be a problem for those with long strides.

It weighs 100 pounds which required my nephew's strength to carry into the house. The assembly is fairly easy. The walking area/belt is already assembled. The arms & legs have to be attached (easy). The display unit has to have its electric connections connected (fairly easy). Then attach the display unit to the designated front bar (also fairly easy). You are supposed to apply the enclosed oil to the belt once a year (already done before it ships for the first year). This item is supposed to hold a 350 pound person. I think it would.

My only complaint about this treadmill is that it is very difficult to restart after pulling the "kill switch" (which I did test). I followed the directions in the booklet which comes with this and it still took several manual restarts before the treadmill would operate. I repeated this several times to see if it still followed this pattern and it does. However, it is very easy to power the treadmill down or just hit the stop switch to stop it so I cannot see a real need for the kill switch.

I let my feet roll of the belt and still had no problems regaining balance ( I am 62 years old & not as agile as once was). Of course, I would never allow children or animals around this without adult supervision while it is running.

The electronic display has a button to start and stop the machine as well as a control to increase/decrease the speed & mode, reset, set buttons all which function properly. It also displays the speed, time, etc. On the right arm are buttons to increase/decrease speed. On the left arm are buttons for on/off & mode. It is very easy to hit these buttons and I have shut down the machine many times by accidentally hitting the off/on button. The machine has to run a minimum of 4 minutes before it is turned off or you have to do the manual shut down/restart (a pain in the uh-huh). I have put a wire near this button to keep my hand from hitting the button accidentally.

I had a treadmill years ago which was too loud to hear tv nearby. This treadmill is fairly quiet. I have no problems watching tv while walking and can talk on phone with no problems

I needed a level treadmill as I have several problems with a foot. This treadmill is great for my needs. I will watch to see how it works a year from now. So far I love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY - PIECE OF JUNK, December 16, 2010
This review is from: Exerpeutic Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill (Sports)

WARNING - Treadmill came in a box that was completely destroyed. Huge hole punched thru the box. But the treadmill worked fine once assembled.

2 Months after purchase - The treadmill seized while I was on it and the platform sputtered. I had to jump off of it. Displayed flashed E1. Treadmill wouldn't restart. I called the phone number at the bottom of the treadmill to see what the problem was.

Paradigm sent me a new computer board but that failed to fix the problem.

Even though it's still under warranty Paradigm refused to replace it saying that Amazon should replace the treadmill not them. Amazon doesn't issue refunds after 30 days so I'm stuck in limbo waiting for Amazon to resolve this with Paradigm.

----------------

UPDATE - Amazon AWESOME in dealing with this situation. Worked it out with Paradigm. Paradigm is honoring the warranty. Shipping new treadmill by fed ex.

YAY for Amazon's customer service folks. The best in the business.

--------------

UPDATE

Only 1 month after replacement treadmill arrived it stopped working. That's 2 treadmills that did not even last 3 months.

DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK

--------------

Finally got refunded from Amazon for the total amount. As always Amazon's Customer Service is AMAZING. Truly the best. Unlike this treadmill which is the WORST. DON'T BUY THIS TREADMILL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Choice, June 8, 2010
This review is from: Exerpeutic Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill (Sports)
After reading numerous reviews of treadmills, and after cheking out a number of them at retail stores in person, I chose the Pardigm Treadmill. The best price of ANY place was Amazon. I realize I just happen to live close to a point which made shipping unbelievably fast, but even if it took more than several days it would have been alright and it would have been worth the wait.

I agree with all the positive comments that other people had to say about this product in their reviews, and I experienced none of any kind of negaitve things that only a few encountered.

It was as easy to "assemble" as many people had said. It took just a few minutes and required nothing more that a screwdriver, a pair of pliers and the allen wrench supplied in the box. It comes already assembeld for the most part. Very little left to do to put it into operation.

There are treadmills from very low to extreme prices, but none could have satisfied my requirements more than this Pardigm.

It is exceptionally well made. The controls have been placed where they are convenient. You will be able to move and store it easier and better than countless others.

I will highly recommend the Paradigm Treadmill. After a little over one month's use, I can feel poitive physical results.

Whether novice or experienced in personal excercise, this treadmill will provide the excercise you are looking for.
The range of speeds at the lower ends will give any older user safe and comfortable use.

I feel like I sure made the right choice. Actually, there were too many choices available, so selecing one was not easy. But, from so many alternatives out there, and at a fantastic price through
Amazon, the Pardigm really was the perfect choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars its a good treadmill, May 8, 2010
This review is from: Exerpeutic Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill (Sports)
i wasnt sure about this treadmill read the reviews people said it was to short but its fine my wife is 6'ft and has a long stride but the treadmill works fine and i can tell you it holds more than 350 pounds i am about 420 and it works fine and the speed it pretty good

4.0 out of 5 stars Walking Treadmill, February 1, 2010
Hello,
When shopping for my walking treadmill I noticed that some of the walking areas were alot shorter than others and tried to get my husband to shop with me. He is not a shopper thus refused and stated they are all the same just get the cheapest one. I did. I am very happy with this treadmill it serves exactly the purpose I purchased it for. However, just as I suspected might happen, my husband hates it because his legs are too long for it and he feels very uncomfortable taking such short steps when walking. (My husband is 6' tall). It did arrive alot sooner than it indicated when I ordered which was very exciting for me. My old treadmill had broken and it was way too cold for me to walk outside! Hope this helps. Have a wonderful day:)

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a true compact design, October 21, 2009
This review is from: Exerpeutic Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill (Sports)
I was looking for something compact to fit into my livingroom. I didn't realize just how short the walking surface really is. I'm an average height female and I don't recommend this treadmill to anybody taller than myself. Even I have to be careful not to have my foot roll of the surface in the back while walking. Otherwise it has many other good qualities. Sturdy design, easy set-up, the controls are simple to use and it runs so quiet to even watch TV while walking.

4.0 out of 5 stars great little treadmill for the price, May 15, 2010
A. McCloskey (Loveland, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exerpeutic Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill (Sports)
This is just what I was looking for. Sturdy, lightweight treadmill without fancy features that I never use anyway, just for walking
(I really don't like to run).My only suggestion for improvement is that the walking surface should be a bit longer. I'm 5'5" and it's just about right but I'd feel more comfortable with a longer belt area.4 1/2 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, July 12, 2010
This review is from: Exerpeutic Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill (Sports)
I needed a treadmill for a small room, and one that I could afford. This one fits the bill perfectly.I could have paid a lot more for larger units, but I think this is the best value for my needs. It's easy to operate, the display is easy to read, and, probably best of all, it needs absolutely no tools to assemble. It doesn't raise in the front to increase the incline, but then, that wasn't a feature I really wanted. I got exactly what I paid for, just a good, simple, and enjoyable piece of exercise equipment I foresee using for many years to come.

1.0 out of 5 stars not pleased, November 13, 2010
This review is from: Exerpeutic Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill (Sports)
Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill - A17501 i received this item in a timely matter and set up (fairly easy)
i'm 5 ft 2 in and tread is a good lengh for me
my problem is that the belt keeps slipping sideways.
i have adjusted per instructions many many times.
i have sent 3 emails to company ( the only way to contact company, no phone number)
i sent the first email 3 weeks ago and have not recieved a response.
this item is no use to me, as i am unable to use.

i rate this item a minus 10

connie

1.0 out of 5 stars E2, May 6, 2011
This review is from: Exerpeutic Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill (Sports)
This treadmill keeps stalling and blinks "E2". This is how the helpful user's manual describes the problem:

When the initial speed or preset speed has been started in 30 seconds and the motor's speed is under preset speed 3 m/h, the system will stop. Once its starts for 15 seconds, if SPEED=0, the monitor will show blinking E-2 which is another error sign. The monitor starts to beep continuously till the AC power is switched off manually then the motor will stop (figure 8).

I will call Amazon for a refund.

Exerpeutic Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill
$449.99 $316.47
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.