Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

I have two of these and they have performed great. Moles are now gone after only 3 weeks of using my Exhart "Gopher MoleMovers".

However, you need to be sure you buy the latest, "New and Improved 2X Louder" model as the Specs on mine are better than previous models.

Battery life is now shown as up to 18 months.
Product warranty is now 5 years.
The UPC code on the package is 93335 90065.

As the directions state, the best performance is in hard, dense soil. Also, be SURE you use a stake or other object to first make the hole in the ground, so that this unit fits snuggly. Do not use blunt force to "drive" this unit into the soil!

BE sure to put unit flush with the gound to avoid damage from lawnmowers!

I sealed the threads to the battery compartment with teflon tape to prevent standing water from seeping in and corroding the mechanism. You could also use rubber centent as found at the office supply store.

I found this to be a very reliable item.
on September 29, 2008
I was a little timid about trying this product but it works like a charm. Moles are gone! Be careful when you install! You must use a different steak to create a pilot hole for the MoleMover. You can buy this product with confidence.
I bought this product a year ago, and I have been very pleased with it. In the locations of my yard where I have a mole mover in place I don't have moles. I also got rid of a ground squirrel that was living under my house, and reduced the mouse population around my chicken coop (mice and rats like to burrow too). My neighbors saw how well mine were working, and decided to get their own. However, since they bought twice as many mole movers for their property as I had this forced the moles back into my yard. That in turn forced me to have to buy more mole movers. I now have six of them for a quarter acre lot, and they are working well. The only problem I can see anyone having with this product is that they only work up to 30 square feet. If you have a large lot like I do that can get expensive at over twenty dollars a mole mover. In closing, I read a review that states that they break down after one year. I haven't had that problem yet, but my oldest one just turned a year old.
on December 20, 2011
We are on a hillside, where there are a lot of open space, and soft and dry soil. No matter when and what type of grass we put on our lawn. The gophers will find its way to destroy it. I used a lot of those smoke and kill and other solution. Not much use.

Four months ago, we decided to try do re-pave the front lawn we new grass again. Since it is a smaller area, we hope we can use this "stick" to set a "control" area, by putting them at 4 corners and 1 in the middle. So, we definitily overlap some area. I am not sure if it is the product or our luck. I don't see any gopher marks at the front lawn. I was quite pleased. However, one afternoon, I walked to the side and found that there are gopher holes on the edges and some parts of the lawn was destroy. I looked at the "stick", and it is not functioning anymore. I couldn't hear any sound/beep within 5 or 10 mins. I checked the rest of the "sticks". 4 out of 5 are not working. I thought it was battery, and quickly put in new ones in. it doesn't make any sound anymore. I looked inside the tube, and I don't see water mark, may be very little of rust inside of the tube. Other than that, no sign of wear and tear. The products just don't work anymore. Considering the price and the durability, I would NOT recommend this product. If the manufacture cannot even make such a simple product that at least 2 years for the price. I strongly defer any customers away from it.
on May 26, 2011
My husband got several of these from our local hardware store as a last resort. He had been using poison in the tunnels, which was effective, but shortly after that, we got a new dog who loved to dig, so out with the poison.
After install, approximately 2 weeks, we noticed no more new mounds of dirt! The directions were spot on: we did notice increased activity around each MoleMover for a few days, but after the rotten critters realised that the underground noise was there to stay, they packed their little gopher bags and hit the bricks (or tunnel, as it were).
It has been approximately 8 months since we installed 4 of the stakes and unfortunately none of them remain working. I know what you're thinking, YES, we replaced the batteries - several times in fact - to ensure that the batteries weren't at fault. My husband did a 'post mortem' exam on one in his shop (a MoleMover, NOT a gopher) and found water damage inside the tube, as I water our yards frequently. He suggests teflon tape at the top to secure it from water.
They sure work well, if not for long. Unfortunately we now have gophers again, so I'm sure my husband will get more MoveMovers...along with teflon tape!
on October 4, 2011
I bought two of these Molemovers when we moved into a home that had a serious front yard mole problem. We have used them for a full year now and guess what - the moles are gone!

Our neighbor on one side also uses them and between our two houses, the moles have left for more welcoming yards.

This is a safe, humane way to rid your yard of moles.

---- NOTE: I see a lot of reviews that mention that these did not work for gophers. Make sure you have a mole problem, not a gopher problem. The noise that is emitted by these are irritating to moles, I don't think gophers are bothered by it much.
on June 10, 2010
I bought 2 of these based on the good reviews I read and also on the fact that my dad (who lives in south-central Oklahoma) said they work for him. I gave them a chance based on some of the things said about the moles being attracted to them at first (the box warns you about this), and I have to rate these as a dud for where I live. I've had them for several weeks (I'd say over 8 weeks) and the moles LOVE them!!! In fact, I've had increased activity where I've installed them. I'm really disappointed as I thought this was the answer to my mole problem. One positive thing: the batteries are still going strong. I'm going to give mine to my dad. :-(
on April 21, 2012
Have used the metal style for 10 years. It's a great prodduct that really works. Wherever you have activity you simply insert into the ground and the moles go away. We currently are using 3 of them. 1 in the from yard and 2 around our pole barn.
on April 13, 2011
I was not sure if these would stand up to winter weather in Colorado, but after 6 months it is still making its noise and doing its thing. As far as its effectiveness, that is a different story. I have 3 of these in my yard and according to the product description that should provide coverage to the entire yard. The gophers have not gone away, they may have moved a little further away from the annoying noise these make, but not very far.

I have not been able to get anything to work, and so these may be slightly better than my other attempts, but I think you would need to put them every 10 feet or so in your yard to really get the job done. If you have a small area that you would like to keep the moles and gophers out of these may be just what you need.
on August 31, 2015
Absolutely awful product. Bought multiple of these, even sealed them with thread tape before installing. Ultimately all of them had water in them within a few days and stopped working. Went to the solar type, which are totally sealed, and have had much better success.