Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Size: LargeChange

on August 2, 2014
I purchased this vine in size small, for my baby tree frog, who is housed in a 12x12x18 tank setup.
The vine itself is about 6 feet long, a good amount of vine to work with, and the diameter is perfect for small frogs to climb and sleep on.
This is a newer version of this vine, which is water proof. The older versions had problems falling apart when wet.
Cleaning isn't too much of an issue. A good soak in very hot water should take care of general cleanings and too loosen up stool.
I wouldn't recommend scrubbing it though, as it does still seem delicate if you pick at it.
Now for the most important part, my frog. It definitely approves of this vine, and tends to spend a lot of time on it since I placed it in there. Sleeping, climbing, hopping from one end to another, etc.
My frog is a Grays, so its natural habitat involves trees, bark and branches. Since adding this vine, it has spend more time out in the open, especially during the day when it sleeps. I would definitely recommend this product!
review image review image
on November 16, 2011
very good vine for a heavier climbing pet. Very strong, several ways to attach it to screen or glass or wood. from suction comes to staples, to ties
on January 2, 2014
I've gone through 4 tanks, plants, cork, rope, .... all trying to create a happy environment for my veiled chameleon these vines are simply the best. easy to bend and adjust. easy to tie together. fairly easy to clean. my lizard loves them.
on October 28, 2013
I was looking for non-wood decor for my 56 gallon tank and saw these at my local pet shop (waterproof!). These add interest and levels to my aquarium and they are 'grippy' enough for java moss to grow on. I didn't have any issues with flaking or breaking but age and storage probably affect the rubbery outer layer. I can see how they would be too bendy for a large lizard to sit on but wedged correctly in a smaller area they should work okay. I'm extremely pleased with this purchase and am getting another one for the 36 gal bowfront I'm setting up now.
on August 25, 2013
Wanted to add more dimension to my gecko tanks and these accomplished that very well , they are well made and look very realistic.
on August 29, 2013
The vines look very nice in the cage. my bearded dragons love them. cheaper than buying in a pet store.
on April 2, 2014
I bought this product to use in my crested gecko terrarium. They have a bamboo branch in there that needed some more "grip", so we first bought the Exo Terra Vine, Small and wrapped it around. Nothing fancy, just wraps and it worked good but wasn't big enough to cover. So we bought the large and the thing cracked like crazy! One huge crack, almost breaking the vine in half, and then tons of smaller cracks throughout. Needless to say I am not happy :/
on December 5, 2015
I've been using Exo Terra Vines for my gecko tank since 2004. They're great quality and perfect for adding extra climbing terrain above his cave, as well as making the whole environment look a lot less empty. The texture looks and feels very realistic, and has a really good grip. Highly recommended!

The large size comes packaged as one reeeeally long bendable tube. Since I only have a 10 gallon tank, I prefer to fold it in half, twist the 'legs' together, and loop it around in a loose spiral to maximize the space. Sometimes I make interesting kinks and shapes to change up the look, but mainly so *I* don't get bored. My leopard gecko couldn't care less - he's happy as long as he can poop from a decent altitude. :p The smaller sized vines don't need to be twisted the same way unless you want added sturdiness for heavier lizards.

NOTE: Be careful when bending the vines, because bits of the coating can flake off pretty easily, especially from the larger size. It doesn't ruin the product, but you may need to Swiffer the floor afterward. Also don't bend it too often in one spot, because like any coated/insulated wire (*cough* Apple *cough*), the tube itself can crack with too much stress.

The surface is a magnet for droppings (both lizard and cricket), so I replace the vines every time I do a full cleaning of the tank. But that's not enough to take a star off, since they otherwise last a heck of a long time.

The photo I uploaded features the smaller vines. (My gecko is ~9" head to tail for comparison.) The large vines are about 1.5x the circumference.
review image
on March 6, 2015
Junk. I ordered two small ones and one large one and all three ripped where they were bent to package them. Also, they will not support any decent sized reptile without sagging. You would be better off using heavy gauge wire and spray gluing shingle asphalt onto it. Junk junk junk.
on December 17, 2012
As soon as I opened the package the fake vine was flaking off. Then I bent it straight and the thing snapped like it wasn't supposed to bend. Don't waste your money on this crap!