Published 20 months ago by Gerald Quinn Jr.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great reading
A fascinating story, with enough twist to keep you on edge.
A couple of comments,
Some human characters need a major workout. There are a lot of characters that are just a name.
And the space used to move around the galaxy it's a bit complicated, especially in combat situations.
I would have loved to know more about the human enemy's, their society,...
Published 19 months ago by cote

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific - Great for fans of Jack Campbell and Epic / Mil Space Opera, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Exodus: Empires at War: Book 2 (Kindle Edition)
This is the first review I've ever written on Amazon, but I feel strongly to encourage others to try out this book if you are a fan of the Jack Campbell/Steve White sort of Military Space Opera (I hate that term by the way). I'll only echo the positive comments from the other writers...as with any self-published work, you will find the occasional typo, but this doesn't bother me and does not interfere at all with the great story, pacing, and suspense that Mr. Dandridge creates.

My biggest problem is that the scope of this story is pretty large and I found it hard to keep track of which storyline you are following (e.g. there are two battles starting or taking place with multiple participants involved in each battle, and as the storyline jumps around it was pretty difficult to recall the context as you switched to a new battle or ship!). Would be great if the author could write some section headings for the planet, ship, person (whatever) just so I know immediately which part of the story I've switched to.

I am eagerly awaiting the third volume!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great reading, January 14, 2013
cote (Santiago, metropolitana, CL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exodus: Empires at War: Book 2 (Kindle Edition)
A fascinating story, with enough twist to keep you on edge.
A couple of comments,
I would have loved to know more about the human enemy's, their society, biology, and ultimate motivation to erase the humanity from the galaxy, in addition to xenophobic hate and a competitive foe resilient to yield.
A chase of thousands years need more meat to the bone.
Otherwise is a fun read and I am waiting for the next exodus series book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This guy gets it, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Exodus: Empires at War: Book 2 (Kindle Edition)
Excellent read. My only disappointment is that it didn't last longer and I have to wait for the next installment. The author gives you all the action and high tech you can stand and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The young hero is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sci-fi at its best, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Exodus: Empires at War: Book 2 (Kindle Edition)
Superb. Original plot, brilliant characterisation, and a masterful ability to maintain and increase tension throughout the novel. I bought the first book on a whim. Pulled it out in a quiet moment and finished it at 3am that morning. I can't remember the last time a novel has gripped me so intensely. And this novel was even better.

Douglas dandridge just made my list of favourite sci-fi authors. I can't wait for the third book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Exodus: Empires at War: Book 2 (Kindle Edition)
The pacing is great.. The story is fun to read.. You start and it's hard to stop. The books could be longer, but it's better to have something shorter a couple times a year than something insanely long every few years. I suspect this will be a long series..

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for volume III, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Exodus: Empires at War: Book 2 (Kindle Edition)
This is the second volume in, hopefully, a long series. In volume II, what we knew from volume I has happened. The aliens have invaded and the emperor has been assassinated. The young prince narrowly escapes assassination and the question - will he make it back to the capital to take the throne? Good entertainment in a space opera way. Characters are a bit predicable so it would be nice to see some less predicability in the future. Also, I wish that Amazon would figure out a way to link sequels better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Exodus: Empires at War: Book 2 (Kindle Edition)
Very entertaining book plot and characters engage. Multiple story lines in play can be confusing at times but lends itself to a very rich universe and he is able to make the reader care about multiple characters at once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific sequel, December 16, 2012
This review is from: Exodus: Empires at War: Book 2 (Kindle Edition)
I came across Mr. Dandridge's first exodus book last week and finished it as quickly as I could. It was a terrific plot and magnificent story telling. He makes space opera truly come to life. Couldn't wait to snap up the second part of the exodus series. Now he stirs up the pot and some of the space battle scenes are brilliant! Looking forward to the next installment :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Space Opera with some flaws, August 1, 2013
N. Wishek (Orange County) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exodus: Empires at War: Book 2 (Kindle Edition)
First of all, I bought this after reading the first book in the series, so the flaws aren't serious enough to keep me from reading the rest of the series. The author has developed a fascinating universe and does a pretty good job with the plot and characters. The scope of the tale is huge, so keeping the characters straight and remembering different story lines does not make this the kind of book that you can put down for a while and pick up the story easily from where you left off. I'm reading the first three back to back to back, but if the fourth installment is not released in the near future it will be kind of like trying to read the last few Wheel of Time books after Jordon passed away.
The only other problem I had for my personal enjoyment was with the battle scenes. They were just a bit too repetitive and, while the science seemed very accurate, listing how many missiles did and didn't make it through the missile defenses was too detailed for me. Easy fix, of course, was speed reading through those parts of the battle. Not a serious flaw.
I also appreciated the authors attempt to extrapolate future science. Of course, in reality the chances that anyone living today would be able to predict what advances we might make would be like expecting cavemen to predict computers. Still, the author did include several ideas that seem quite likely. That gave the story the feel for taking place in the far future. (I'm not sure people would have stopped genetically improving the species with a real genocidal threat looming, but most of the things included seem very likely.)
All in all this series sold itself to me by its ideas. The minor flaws for me that I found weren't anywhere close to discouraging me from enjoying both books and buying the third.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best science fiction series ever, July 27, 2013
This review is from: Exodus: Empires at War: Book 2 (Kindle Edition)
This book and its brothers in the series was so good I would like to see it made into a tv series. Good plot, subjects,premise,and you don't want to put it down.

Exodus: Empires at War: Book 2