Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

• Customer Reviews

on December 18, 2014
I'm not really sure why people describe this as "bulky". I suppose if you have less than 4 keys this might make your key ring more bulky than before, but if you have many keys this thing works awesome. For me I use it to help organize my keys. One small ring for house/car another for one work location and so on. Not having to use a quarter or endure the pain of using a thumbnail to put on a key is really handy too.
review image
55 comments| 517 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2014
Not exactly a piece of art, but it is extremely functional, which is ultimately what I need. It is lightweight and easy to use. I was able to get all of my store loyalty cards on one of the little rings.
review image
33 comments| 237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2015
Simple. Beautiful. Effective. This product has brought months of joy and happiness to my life. No more do I waste countless minutes each month trying to 'only bring the keys I need to the gym' or 'leaving what I don't need for sailing in the car'. Really though folks, what better solution do we have? Even with the challenges my lifestyle has put on the FreeKey, it has held the test of time and looks brand new. I wouldn't trade it for another oldfashioned keychain under any circumstances really. Unthinkable.
review image
11 comment| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2015
I was looking for a better solution to my key problem. Traditional keyrings leave a lot to be desired, especially when you need to remove or add a key. This system makes it easy. Use the smaller rings to group your keysets together. For instance, I put all the keys for a single car on a small ring, my house keys on another and my office keys on yet another. I also use a small ring for all those discount cards, Then it's easy to add and remove them when warranted.
review image review image
on April 22, 2013
Unlike carabiners I can manage groups of keys . Like home, front gate and mail in one loop and a few work keys in another. Also, I think its more secure than carabiners. When putting keys on the small loops I noticed very fine steel dust rubbing onto my finger tips. I can see the right angle cuts snagging on clothing. I think all ends should be rounded, not just the part that opens for the loops. With a more polished steel and a bit more craftsmanship, this is a 5 star product.
55 comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2015
Great key ring. Sure it only does the same job as any other key ring, but it makes it much easier to add or remove keys. I have grouped my keys on the small rings ( one ring for truck, one for house, one for work, etc. ) then put those on the larger one. If you want to add or remove a ring it is super easy, without breaking your fingernails. Plus it looks pretty cool.
review image
0Comment| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2013
If you ever have to remove a key - for valet parking or auto mechanic ...whatever the reason, you have to get this key ring. It works great, its secure, and it it is a breeze to remove keys. I use the smaller rings to group my keys in case I have to pull them out. House key & mailbox, Car key, bicycle lock. When I go running it takes just a few seconds to remove the house key. No prying, no gouging of my fingers. Just press & spin the keys off. Easy. Great design and works.

Bonus - buy this version with the smaller rings to group your keys. e.g., If a friend is watching the house, I can pull off the house & mailbox ring in one step.

FYI - my standards for a 5 star rating:
5 Star Requirements
- Price point must be reasonable (I'd expect a $50 keyring to be great)
- Must hold up to daily use with no (or very few) issues
- Must be easy to use (e.g., I don't have to sing while standing on one leg to get it to work)
- Must perform as advertised (none of this "your experience may vary" crap)
- Must have a bonus feature I find valuable
11 comment| 173 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2013
I'm a bit of a nerd, and I love clever products, especially clever products that are well made. This product fits both of those bills. Nicely finished steel, sturdy, the right amount of spring to it - and it has the trick up its sleeve that you already know about by this point. That trick works well, too - adding and removing items to the FreeKey is quite effortless. I am also a bit of a minimalist, however, and very conscious about the amount of space my everyday objects consume. Adding bulk needs to add a great deal of value, and for me, this ratio just doesn't pay off with the FreeKey. The ring is quite large, considerably larger than the split ring I used before. I assume because of the flat/thick nature of the ring, items tend to sit on it at weird angles also, and the end result is that once the ring is populated, it feels even larger. It just became too unwieldy in my pocket. I might figure out a use for it other than my everyday keys (like for swapping on/off keys to the houses of friends/family that I don't need every day), and I'm not going to deny that it's a decent product. But the size makes it impractical for me, and I can't give it more than three stars. I do rather like the smaller rings that come with it as well. They're normal split rings, only flat. These might actually see more use by me than the FreeKey itself. Notable, however, is that they don't have the tightest 'spring' to them when compared to traditional split rings.
66 comments| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2015
This product combo, works like a charm. My hubby is so happy. Def recommend.
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2014
Transferring my keys to this key ring and nearly splitiing my fingernail from the skin below made me realize how much this keyring is great. I didn't quite understand the concept until I got it, but its really simple. its a triple loop of thin, springy steel. the middle loop has a permanent kink in it so if you pivot the last loop end so it separates from the rest of the ring. That allows you to attach one of the small loops (which don't have the pivot, by the way...) easily. You don't need to use the attached loops, but they are great for car keys which have a thick plastic end. Otherwise you'll need for find similar smaller rings. You can use the "split rings" that you can find in the fishing tackle isle of your neighborhood big box sporting goods store. (I dont' remember what size # but use the one about 3/8" external diameter, perhaps #6) its this ring that you 'll need to use for house keys to get them on and off of the ring super easily.