nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Learn more Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more

on November 13, 2012
I can't believe I paid $10 for this "book". It should be referred to as a short story - I read it in 2 hours. There are many other books about twins/multiples that are way more informative.
on May 17, 2012
I found the start of this book very promising. However, the book was over before I even blinked. I thought I was still working through the introductory chapter, when I reached the end of the book. I think it was just over 100 pages on the Kindle, bearing in mind that you don't get a lot of text per screen.

Better titled "Twins: A brief overview" than "A complete reference guide". Not worth the $10 I paid for it.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
As a dad of twin girls (now age 9), I could relate to so many of the words of wisdom in Virginia Winchester's book. I only wish I'd had a guide like this before we had our precious little ones. It would have saved me from a lot of anxiety and lessons learned the hard way.

There are several sections of this book that I think are fantastic:

1) The delivery, NICU and medical section gives a really nice overview of the typical problems seen in the delivery and first few weeks of life for multiples (which are often premature babies as well). Virginia is right on the money in this section and covers things perfectly.

2) Another favorite section was the one on staying sane. The advice here is to not make yourself crazy, but just adapt to the way things are now with your babies. And, I'd add something else: whatever is happening on one day with your twins, don't worry too much - it will change soon. You may just find yourself missing some of those little things that drove you crazy in the moment.

3) The advice in this book on feeding and keeping the schedule with the babies is also right on the money. As any parent of multiples knows, if the babies each get on their own feeding schedule you are in for some long days and nights.

I like that this book doesn't try to be too technical or use fancy words. It is clear and easy to read.

There isn't much medical jargon at all. Just solid advice. I recommend this book. It has some words of wisdom and great advice - I only wish I'd had a book like this before our twins were born (I think I'm repeated this, but it is worth repeating). If you know someone expecting twins or multiples give them this book - he or she will thank you later!