5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent textbook for students
I use Molloy's book for the college course I teach on world religions (along with Van Voorst, Anthology of World Scriptures, Wadsworth: 2011). He begins with an insightful chapter on various approaches to the study of religion, then explores indigenous religions. The rest of the book walks students through the origins, beliefs, and practices of Hinduism, Buddhism,...
Published on August 19, 2011 by Dr. B

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly comprehensive text but with certain problems
"Experiencing the World's Religions" is a fairly comprehensive introductory text describing the major religions of the world. It is well-written and easy to read. However, at times Malloy's presuppositions stand in the way of an objective presentation of the data. For example, on the inside front cover, on Judaism's timeline, Abraham is called "legendary."...
Published 22 months ago by Doug Erlandson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Experiencing the World's Religions: Tradition, Challenge, and Change, 5th Edition (Paperback)
Reading this for a religions class at my college, and while my copy is gently loved, I love all the brand new info I'm learning through this book. Would like it if the chapters didn't have the long anecdotal introductions as well, but overall a great textbook for class!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decent text book., January 11, 2013
I had to buy this book as required reading for a religious studies class. The material covers some pretty obscure and outdated topics, but hit on most of the main topics in class. This book is the best of the 3 religious studies books I have used thus far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, October 24, 2014
What can I say. It's a textbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 17, 2014
excelent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating!, January 25, 2013
In my experience, text books are usually very dry and boring. This book is actually interesting. The author has a way of teaching which keeps the reader engaged. I find it very interesting and easy to remember what I've read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, meet all of my expectations., February 3, 2013
I do love the product, it size and the sleekness of the texbook. It does meet my expectation per viewing the product on line, as well as the price.

I love shopping with Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book., February 20, 2013
I enjoy how the chapters start off with the writer's observation of the culture and the initial reactions to the religion. It makes it seem more personal. It draws you into the chapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars great shipper!!, January 22, 2014
I needed this book as soon as possible for a class im taking, and they were able to get it to me four days before my first quiz, which is awesome!! great condition and great shipper!

2.0 out of 5 stars Why is this available for all devices but android?, October 4, 2012
This would have been a great purchase if not for the simple fact that it's not allowed to be read on the Kindle app found on my android tablet but works fine on an iPad? What gives?

5.0 out of 5 stars Textbook, March 4, 2013
This book was required for a class that I am currently taking. I like how it introduces every religion and it has a lot of great info. I am enjoying the reading so far.

Used & New from: $44.35