4.0 out of 5 stars They work great!
I spent 10 years teaching in a blackboard and chalk environment, but I changed jobs several years ago and I've been teaching in a whiteboard and dry erase marker world ever since.

I have to admit that I was hesitant to make the switch - people don't like change, but I've come to appreciate the increased flexibility that dry erase markers can give.

I...
Published on March 25, 2009 by ARH

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice colors but cheap holder and eraser
Published on November 20, 2010 by Ehab

4.0 out of 5 stars They work great!, March 25, 2009
ARH (The Shadow of the Tetons) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Expo Original Dry Erase Organizer, 7-Piece Kit (Office Product)

I routinely use 5 or more different colors of markers in my zoology courses (black, red, green, blue, orange, and sometimes others), and I've been particularly pleased with Expo Dry Erase Markers.

I find these markers to have brilliant colors, I quite like the orange ones :-)

Of course, no marker lasts forever, and like any marker, once these start to run out or the tip dries out it's a gonner. Until then though they work great.

Likes:
- I like the fact that you can tell when the pen cap is firmly seated - a must for lengthening marker life
- I also like how the pen cap fits easily and securely into the opposite end of the marker so you don't lose it while you are writing.
- I like that fact that the color of ink in the marker is clearly indicated on the pen body.

Dislikes:
- The chisel-point tip on these markers is too fine. When a marker is brand new you have plenty of ink, but because the ink tip is so fine you have to hold the pen at a particular angle to get a wide enough like to make a bold mark that is wide enough for students at the back of a 100-seat lecture hall to see. Then by the time the pen nib gets into a workable shape to produce a nice heavy line every time you shortly run out of ink.

All in all, these are very good pens, but not without some minor issues, thus 4 stars for teaching. These would be worthy of 5 stars if they were used only for personal in-home white message board use.

I hope this was helpful.

Write-on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product, December 24, 2007
My work uses this on our shop floor holds up nicely, bought one for home

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, cheap., March 11, 2007
James Stein (Staten Island, NY United States) - See all my reviews
The markers are dark and clearly visible, while the eraser is fairly thorough. The box comes with a plastic-molded container (as you see in the picture), with double-sided tape for easy, stable, mounting on a wall beside the whiteboard. For the low price, this is unbeatable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waited for this small miracle, February 16, 2012
I have been looking for something like this for a long time, and it happened while I was rounding at our local hospital. My staff and I love this organizer. It is our small miracle. It is sturdy and durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, October 12, 2011
Markers are of good quality, last long, and are used everyday. Eraser is light and easy to store. The only trouble is that some colors are harder to erase, but black gets off the whiteboard the cleanest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expo Pens Work Best!!, January 4, 2009
These beens work great! I Have been using them for months and they have not dried out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice colors but cheap holder and eraser, November 20, 2010
The markers are very nice and vibrant colors, but the holder (which is the primary reason I bought this set) is made out of very cheap plastic and cracked at the corners the moment I got it out of the box for the first time. The eraser is a little better, but still pretty light and seemingly non-durable... so far nothing happened to it yet, but I feel it'll probably tear soon after some use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally, I'm pleased..., August 10, 2013
As the subject said, I'm generally pleased with this set.

The good:
Great Markers
Great Price
Eraser Works Well

The Bad:
Very Flimsy Holder
Weak Adhesive - Does not hold weight of markers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 5, 2013
Surprisingly, it sticks, and stays at the same place for months, and with light/moderate use, I have juice in all of them still.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very long lasting..., April 12, 2012
I teach in a prison. I have dry erase boards all around my room and spend six or seven hours a day writing on them. Part of my teaching style is to write constantly as I'm speaking. It's just what I do. I like to turn whatever I'm saying into an outline on the fly. I write a lot.

Most of the time, I use black. The contrast makes reading the board easier from the back row seats. However, I am also a bit of an artist. Sometimes I'll draw extensive charts, diagrams, and illustrations on the board as I'm speaking. I've been known to draw maps up to and including the world. For those, I use color.

When I started in my department, our secretary gave me a set of markers exactly like this set. I used the eraser for seven or eight years before finally getting an updated replacement. It could have lasted longer. With proper maintenance, they give you a lot of mileage. I also used the same set of color markers with a rubber band around them for at least eight years. I only pulled them out once or twice a month, but even I was shocked at how long they lasted. They last a very long time as long as you put the lid on as soon as you're finished writing and don't smash the tips. They're a great marker.

The key to the longevity of these markers is buying the original. If you can find them, buy the original formula. The newer "low odor" markers are inferior in every way. They last a fraction of what you get out of the originals. They're still far superior to any off brand I've used, but "low odor" can't compete with the original Expo. I would suggest snapping up this set while it's still available. It looks like "low odor" is the wave of the future.

Expo Original Dry Erase Organizer, 7-Piece Kit