5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe they changed their formula? These *all* work great.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:45 Mins
I purchased these despite several reviews mentioning that the "non-primary" colors were watery, washed out, faded, and such. I was pleasantly surprised to see all the pens wrote clear, vibrant colors on my dry erase board.

Published 16 months ago by Bob Tobias

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing spectacular
Published on June 19, 2012 by K. Proctor

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe they changed their formula? These *all* work great., August 10, 2013
This review is from: Expo Click Retractable Low Odor Fine Tip Dry Erase Markers, 6 Fashion Color Markers (1751667) (Office Product)
Length:: 0:45 Mins

Other reviewers expressed some concern about the quality of some colors included in this set. I produced the attached video to provide a comparison. The images show what was written on my white board and the colors are not enhanced in any way.

As an aside, not only are these the best retractable dry erase markers, they are effectively the only ones. I had previously purchased the Avery Retractable Whiteboard Markers and was disappointed that they were all dried out when they arrived. I called the company and found they stopped making them in 2007.

As far as I can tell, these are not only a great choice for retractable dry erase markers, they are the only choice available.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best design of the capless dry erase markers, February 27, 2011
nial_l (Maryland, United States) - See all my reviews
This capless marker is the best. It works just like a retractable pen. There is a button on the top of the barrel that clicks once to open, and clicks again to retract. The button is slightly stiff to push, but even a small child can manage. The capless design seals well so the marker doesn't dry out.

[Note: The other capless design by the same company has a slightly wider barrel. There is a slider on the side of the barrel which you use to push the felt tip out, and a button that retracts the felt tip. The slider is extremely stiff. A child or someone with arthritis would have a difficult time operating the other capless model.] That's why this one is the best.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing spectacular, June 19, 2012
K. Proctor (Albuquerque NM) - See all my reviews
Bought these for working chemistry problems on a small whiteboard instead of on scratch paper that I just threw away. They lasted for about a semester before some colors began to dry out. They also don't have very fine tips. It's sort of like writing with a "fine" tip Sharpie. I think I'll look for some "ultra-fine" tip for my small whiteboard. Overall these markers were okay, but nothing spectacular.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, November 5, 2010
CJ "CJ" (Reston, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I'm always forgetting to put the cap back on the markers. I just click these when I'm done writing, and they seem to last a long time. They have a protective plate near the end that closes when the pen is retracted so they don't dry out easily (providing one retracts frequently). Also I like the fine point and slim style, easy to write like a pen. Of course, I should caveat this with my style - I have several boards that I can hold or set on my lap, I use them when I design software systems. So I really do write with them like a pen. I keep a digital camera handy so I can capture a picture when I want to save the results. I don't know how they would be in a conventional setting when a lot of people have to see it, the fine point is probably not what you're looking for. So I'm giving this a 5-star rating assuming that this kind of marker is what fits best in your situation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh, February 27, 2013
The good - variety in colors, retractable

The bad - after a few months of light usage the tips are worn down and are no longer fine, and the black has worn down to gray with white streaks. Disappointed at longevity. I am using for very light household use - mostly to keep a calendar of family events. Overall, I had better luck with a 4 pack of generic dry erase markers from the dollar store.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great primary colors, watery secondary colors, March 9, 2011
Deanna Burghart (Orange County, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
Tried these as a replacement for now-discontinued Boone set that came with our perpetual calendar (a household management staple). Disappointed in their performance on alternate surfaces like the Boone calendar, mirrors, etc. Primary colors are dark and readable, but others (orange, purple, green) are watery and faint. They're OK on a regular whiteboard, but not great. Lines are not entirely solid, for lack of a better word.

5.0 out of 5 stars Popular With Students, October 6, 2012
Spudman (Pasadena, MD United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
We go through potato sacks full of dry erase markers at our center; many of them are short lived because the lids don't always get back to the markers in a timely manner. I bought a pack of these retractable markers for a change of pace and for a comparison test.

These markers have nice tips, broad enough for good visibility and yet narrow enough to write legible numbers and letters on work sheets. All the colors are intense enough for my taste; red and purple are my favorites. I elicited opinions from fellow teachers and students with universal thumbs ups. The younger students especially like these click markers though some can get carried away with using the clicking function.

The jury is still out on longevity, but so far these "fashion color markers" are definite winners.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best for little kids, May 30, 2012
we go through markers so fast because of losing tops... and in the car its more difficult if the kids drop a top because they are strapped in the carseat. these eliminate that problem, and the colors are nice and bold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expo Dry Erase Markers, September 25, 2013
Angie N. "Angie n." (Reno, Nevada United States) - See all my reviews
Another awesome expo product. Colors are vibrant, they come off easily when it's time, there's no odor I can smell. They are great. I was looking for something in between small and wide, small dry erase markers are to skinny for my hands (I have arthritis) and wise dry erase markers are sometimes cumbersome, these are right in the middle. I just wish they had some prettier colors in there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Markers, November 18, 2012
These are the best ever, no lost caps, colors are vibrant and they last. Bought a couple of sets for the kids and they love them as well