Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 17, 2007
This, in my opinion, is a great book, and anyone venturing into a level of photography beyond snapshots and point-and-shoot would be very well advised to get this book, for both the initial exposure to all its concepts and concrete illustrative examples, and ongoing reference.
on February 24, 2009
Don't like giving bad reviews but I don't like this one at all. Not so much good information as stating the obvious, also the content seems pretty old and that just won't work if you use "Digital Photography" in your title. Besides that the layout and pictures inside are just not inspiring. You might want to check out Light Science & Magic instead, now that's a really good book!
on June 28, 2009
I'm from the old school where I once photographed a dark theater by opening the shutter and running all over between the rows with a #2 photo flood behind a piece of cardboard so as to get the light even.
It would be nice to review more advanced techinque. I guess the photo trade has advanved faster than books can be written.
There are lots lf little lighting tricks, especially now with small portable flashes.
Something is needed to bring us old Photofarts up to date. More than just an I-TTL flash.
on September 23, 2015
( From Thailand ) Good Service ,Fast Shipping ,Very Very Good ,A + + + + +
on June 4, 2008
This book gave me a lot of ideals to work with on my canon camera. I even coped some of the iformation down and put it in my camera case.
on August 1, 2008
I didn't manage to read the whole book (only the first third) because I got bored. It may be useful though for the very beginner photographer.

I stopped at Chapter 7 when I've read "Apertures toward the extremes of the range often tend to exhibit somewhat less sharpness and more distortion". The statement is correct regarding sharpness but not true regarding distortion (which doesn't change with aperture but does change on a zoom with focal length).

I do not recommend this book.
on December 27, 2007
I am trying to advance my photography skills (from novice) and I found this book to be very helpful. It covers everything I was looking for.
on October 28, 2007
This book is very good for beginners with DSLRs. It helped me a lot. Very well recommended.
on November 11, 2007
This book does bring something more to the novice that I am in photography and that in a concise way. I would strongly recommend it to those just starting to learn how to make better shots in a more professional way
on November 5, 2007
Very good and helpful ideas to help with lighting and exposures when you use your digital camera......