5.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT pay Samsung over $100 for the same functionality
Customer Video Review     Length:: 5:50 Mins
UNLESS you don't have a Qi charging pad. In which case I would suggest you consider Samsung's offering as it includes not only the charging adapter but also a charging pad: Samsung Galaxy S4 Wireless S Charger Kit (inductive type) - Wireless Charging Black Cover & Pad

In my case I had a HTC DROID DNA (Verizon Wireless), which of...
Published 19 months ago by Tempting Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, BUT...
If you have a case OR are a frequent user of NFC you will not reap the true benefit of this, nor with any other Qi upgrade for the the Galaxy S4 I'd imagine.

Instructions in Chinese, but easy to Google a picture and see the two prongs go into the two holes located above the microSD slot. My problem is that once installed I was only able to charge it w/o my...
Published 18 months ago by Randy Guerra

5.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT pay Samsung over $100 for the same functionality, June 15, 2013
This review is from: Expower(R) Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 IV (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Length:: 5:50 Mins

In my case I had a HTC DROID DNA (Verizon Wireless), which of course supports wireless charging. For that I'd already bought Energizer Qi-Enabled 3 Position Inductive Charger (Black), so I didn't need the charging plate at all. Samsung may at some point sell the adapter separately, but rather than waste time waiting on that, I figured I would consider this one.

It is very official looking, high quality. Does not strike me as "knockoff" at all. It uses the smaller set of charging diodes, but it does work. What I noticed though is that it does take a bit more time for charging to begin compared to pre-installed wireless charging such as with the Droid DNA. It didn't affect the ability or speed of charge in my opinion.

I will side note that in my setup, I wanted to make sure that I could keep ready access to the SD card slot and SIM card slot without blocking them with the adapter. By default, the adhesive is attached on the side that assumes you're sticking it to the battery. That would work fine, and if you don't care about swapping cards while the device is powered off, it'll be good to go out of the packaging. In my case, I wanted to retain SD card access even with the battery installed, so I moved the adhesive to the OPPOSITE side, which allowed me to stick it to the battery cover instead. That way, I can get in the device as needed but still get the benefits. See my video for what I'm talking about. If you don't want to try removing the existing adhesive you can always buy a separate adhesive strip from like Staples or something and just put it on the other side, leaving the 3M one in place. You also will need to lay the adapter down so that it is on the charging diodes, and then put the battery cover on top and press down - this is to make sure the diodes line up properly. Don't stick the adapter on the battery cover directly.

Overall I'm happy, and greatly impressed. More phones should do this, but unfortunately too many manufacturers are dropping wireless charging - it is the single reason the HTC One was not even a contender. Wireless charging is the future. It gets us away from overpriced, proprietary adapters, and gets every phone to a single charging standard. No, you can't make calls while it's charging, but if you're just trying to get juiced back up during down times, this is the way to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T), June 7, 2013
I just received this, so I don't have a lot of information, yet.

Installation: easy, just line it up so the two prongs on the qi pad line up in the two holes on your phone. Instructions included are in Chinese. I just searched for "qi wireless installation" and saw a video.

Fit: I think there might be a tiny bulge in the back, but my eyes really aren't good enough to tell. So if there is a bulge, it is very minimal. The pad itself is very thin.

I have a qi wireless charger from my "old" Nokia Lumia 920. Seems to work fine. When I set the phone down on the charger, I get a brief message:
Wireless charging
You have placed the device within range. Now
charging wirelessly...

Then the little battery icon in the status bar becomes a box (green because it's currently over 90%) with a lightning bolt in it, just like it was plugged into a wall or a USB.

I do not use an external case on my phone, so I don't know if it will work through cases.

I've only had this for 5 minutes. I'll update more after I've used it a bit. I suspect the charging will be quite slow.

Update 6/9/2013:
After two days of use --
This is working great so far! The charging isn't nearly as slow as I feared it may be. With all my usual "radios" turned on in the phone (all except NFC), it took about 5 minutes to increase the battery by 1%. YMMV.

Granted, it would take a long time to get to 100% if you started from zero, but I intend to use my wireless charger at work, where it is a pain to unplug and plug in every time I get up to go to a meeting, to lunch, bathroom, etc. This device essentially allows me to charge a little bit during the day but it also keeps me from having to worry about substantial battery drain during the day. That's nice because it means I can use all the features included in the smartphone and keep lots of things running.

Incidentally, someone asked which charging pad I was using. It is a Nokia DT-900, 12V 750mA. It is the one that was included free from AT&T with the Nokia Lumia 920 earlier this year.

Also, the wireless receiver pad that I received looks exactly like the one in the picture.

Just heard the Samsung option is now available -- for more than twice the price and you have to replace the back cover (which is only white, for now).

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong!, August 31, 2013
Pros:
Easy to install, works as advertised -- works very well, in fact.

Cons:
Slight bulge in the back of the stock battery cover. But not nearly enough to cause problems.

My experience so far:
I use an Otterbox Defender case with my S4. I figured the charger would cause such a bulge in the back cover of the phone that I wouldn't be able to use my Otterbox, but the price was low enough that I figured I'd give it a try, and abandon the idea if it didn't work.

There is a very small sticky-gel rectangle on the back of the charger "sticker" that adds a bit of thickness to the overall package. I ended up just peeling that off. It comes off easily and cleanly. I just placed the charger where it's supposed to go, and then sealed up the case. (I have a microSD card in the slot, and it's not in the way at all...) there was still just a very slight bulge in the back cover once I put it back on.

I put the phone back in the Otterbox, which fits pretty snugly WITHOUT the new charger, but it seemed to go back together just fine. I didn't have to force the plastic part of the cover any more than it seems that I usually do.

I'm using the Smart Technology wireless charging receiver in conjunction with a Koolpad wireless charger, Koolpad Qi Wireless Charger Pad for All Qi Compatible Devices Including Samsung Phones with Receivers (White) and the pair work GREAT together, even with the phone in the Otterbox cover. Charges quickly and it makes connection even before it hits the charger pad. (I'm using the stock charger that came with the S4 phone to power the Koolpad, so it's got a strong, 2amp output.)

Anyhow, I ended up buying a second charger pad to leave at work.

Bottom line:
It was an inexpensive investment, and it works even better than I had hoped it would.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and installed easy, August 13, 2013
Just got it for both of my Samsung S4 for me and my wife. Installed it without putting on the double stick tape due to the tightness of the org back cover. Just align it with the battery connector and close the back cover, started to snap it back in from the left side and work my way around and it went in well. Tested it out first without the otter defender case works. Then put on the otter case and tested it out and it work great. I had no issues on both phone. I got the Koolpad QI charger and it works great together. Also tested it out with Nokia Black Wireless Charging Plate this works great also. That Nokia QI charger is normally 49.99 at our AT&T but it is on special for 24.99 got 5 different color to choose from so end up getting a black and white one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with galaxy s4, August 5, 2013
Was looking for something that was compatible with my Samsung galaxy s4. This one fits the bill perfectly. Installation was easy ans the bulge in the back cover was barely noticeable. Fits my spigen slim back cover as well. Charging is a bit slower than the standard micro-usb, but works well for offices where constant plugging-unplugging causes the port to wear out over time. Phone heats up a bit sometimes but that is a trade-off you can live with since the receiver would block optimal heat dissipation from rear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with no bulging battery cover., July 21, 2013
After searching through a few different versions of these I settled on this one. When I bought it, it was Prime eligible but at the time of writing it is no more.
I have the unmodified Galaxy S4 and wanted to add a little more since there was only one other review which stated they had the waterproof version.
The biggest concern I had when buying this was adding bulk and causing a bulge in the battery cover. So far as I can tell there isn't any bulge and my case went back on just fine.
Other concerns I have read in reviews for other versions/models is the SD card access and this does block access to it
There is a way to fix this problem but I will get to that in a minute. The receiver sticks to the battery and this is also an issue for people who may want to swap batteries from time to time.
The fix is the same for both these issues. If you take a sharp knife (your finger nail might work but mine wasn't good enough) you can get the adhesive strip to peel up. It has a similar look and feel of that same adhesive that holds credit cards to the paper information sheets in the mail when they send them too you. Anyway, once you get this off you just stick it to the other side and flatten it back out. Next, lay the phone down and lay the receiver in the phone with the contacts lined up. Put the back of the phone on and press down. That should be it.
One last note and that is this isn't going to fit over an extended thicker battery in case you were wondering. Also, I give credit for this to a few other reviewers whose advice I read on how to fix this too the back of the phone instead of the battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works with my Otter Box, February 1, 2014
I've only had it for a few days, but it works with my wireless charging dock. Even better than that is it works while in my Otter Box Defender. I've looked at other wireless charging options, but they are usually intergrated into back covers for the phone making it unable to put a protective case on. This is extremely thin and goes in the existing phone/back plate and works through my case. If it works long term then I'll be happy to recommend. Maybe one day they'll make all portable devices with wireless charging built in. We can always dream

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, January 16, 2014
I was a little skeptical at first considering the difference in price from the OEM receiver. Also, I was concerned about it protruding too much. Neither should have been a concern. Barely a bulge. I use the Otter Box Commuter and you can't even tell the thing is in there. It works fine with the Otter Box on there.
It charges faster than I thought it would based on some reviews. If there is a difference between this and plugged-in charging, it shouldn't be enough to make a difference. I am finished with plugged in charging!

2.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, but at a price., November 21, 2013
I mean, it does it's job. But it's bulky and made the back of my phone bulge, which made it difficult to put a case on. Then when I took it out (because I decided the whole thing was dumb - the wireless charger was not as wireless as I had hoped) it left a super sticky residue on my battery which sticks to the back cover and pulls the battery out every once in a while; the bulge warped my back cover and so there's now wiggle room for my newly sticky battery to stick to it and come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars works nice, November 6, 2013
ABDULHAKK (JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia) - See all my reviews
works nice :) good product and easy to use. good fit too.

charging is ok. slim and nice. will recommend.