5.0 out of 5 stars The mercedes benz of bikes!
My husband and I both used to use the Expresso bikes at our local gym. I've never loved indoor cycling but the virtual tours really make it fun and eliminate the dread factor. This model is newer than the model I see at the gyms. I am not sure of the improvements overall but I do know there are more tours and the seat feels much more comfortable.

The seller...
Published 21 months ago by Shoppaholic

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Exercise Bike
I have been using the Expresso exercise bike at my local YMCA for almost a year now during the winter off-season, which here in the Seattle WA area measures about 6 months long. I was very skeptical of exercise bikes as I am an avid road bike rider and was convinced the experience could not be repeated on an in-door machine. Boy was I wrong.

With the...
Published on October 27, 2012 by Jerry

5.0 out of 5 stars The mercedes benz of bikes!, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Expresso Interactive Upright Exercise Bike - S3U (Misc.)

The seller was a pleasure to deal with. Very professional and I was provided with updates along the way in regard to delivery. Delivery scheduling was convenient (we got a 4 hour window) and several days notice. Luckily, we got our delivery at the beginning of the delivery window. The delivery service also unpacked and setup the bike.

Later, I worked on connecting the bike to the internet. Internet connectivity allows you to see your racing results with others and share your own. The online service (3 Years included with purchase) also provides music channels with a good variety of genres. There is also a coax cable to hook up cable tv and watch that instead of participating in the tours. We haven't set that up yet but that would be nice to have at some point when we get bored with the tours.

There are various virtual tours challenge levels, you have the easy type, moderate, more difficult, more challenging black diamond type tours. You also have "chases". I only use the Chase feature at the bike I used at the gym. One example is a dinasour chase that has you biking all over terrain to tag dinasours. Small learning curve but fun. I haven't tried the chases yet on the new model to see what else they have added.

Other features are the heartbeat monitor and calorie burning tracking. Also the pedals are SPD ready. One side of the pedals has cages for your shoes (not metal, they are adjustable strap material). The other side is SPD compatible for clip in shoes. I purchased these shimano's and it really kicked up my cycling to the next level. http://www.amazon.com/Shimano-2013-Womens-Cycling-Shoes/dp/B0043SA0HI/ref=pd_sbs_shoe_6

So overall we are very happy with our purchase and the delivery process.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Exercise Bike, October 27, 2012
This review is from: Expresso Interactive Upright Exercise Bike - S3U (Misc.)

With the exception of the wind and sun in your face, and the cars racing just a few feet along side, I have to tell you, this machine is the closest thing to riding on the street you will find! I am 63 years and usually log on the Expresso an average of 18 - 20 miles/day, 3 - 4 times/week, and I'm dripping wet when done. I am now approaching 2,000 miles in the 11 months that have past since I first tried the Expresso and I love it! It now has 40 interactive routes (they add a few new ones each year), complete with steering, and the resistance wheel automatically changes its resistance as the terrain changes in elevation, or as you shift gears (yes, you actually can shift on this bike!), or which 30 are provided.

The routes range in endurance levels from short (a few miles) and easy (less than 100' total vertical rise), to long (20 miles) and hard (2000' vertical climbing). It automatically tracks, speed, average speed, distance, cadence, heart rate, calories burned, and other vitals. And if you create an online account (free), a ghost will be created for every course completed and will be displayed to motivate you the next time you ride that course and your stats are tracked online so there is no need to enter data manually. The pedals are designed to work with the mountain bike style shoe clips (sorry I forgot the proper name) and you can change out the seat and put on your own saddle if you so choose.

I cannot say enough about this bike, it delivers as promised. I just wish the cost was lower so I could afford to put one in my spare room so I wouldn't have to drudge all the way to the "Y" and use their machines. So considering the a price tag of $7,000 I have no choice but to give it a 3 start review. And in case you are interested, I have also logged almost 2,000 on my road bike this year too.

5.0 out of 5 stars In love with this bike!, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Expresso Interactive Upright Exercise Bike - S3U (Misc.)
Wow! This is the complete virtual experience! What i love the most is it's so interactive and handles so smooth. So worth investing in! I found this bike researching praxtour.com enjoy!

Expresso Interactive Upright Exercise Bike - S3U