5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Both in Looks and Sound
Mine has come with a cushion as well. It is so beautiful both in looks and sound that I can almost believe that the sound of a bell can expel evil spirits - if there is such thing. I want to thank whoever handcrafted this with such craftmanship and probably also with holy mind. I'm also glad I can contribute a little bit to Tibet/Nepal this way. Palms together.
Published on February 3, 2011 by moretolerance

2.0 out of 5 stars Not properly made
After reading all the glowing reviews i was really excited to receive my package, but when i opened it i was very disappointed. Perhaps i just got unlucky, but the bowl i received was not well made.

Published on April 29, 2012 by DC_traveler_gal

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Both in Looks and Sound, February 3, 2011
This review is from: Exquisite 4 Inch Tibetan Singing Bowl Made in Nepal with Wooden Striker (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 inch Tibetan Singing Bowl, August 19, 2010
I received the bowl and striker as advertised on time. However, there was no cushion or Prayer Flag. I know nothing of a satin cushion, and do not believe it was even advertised when I purchased my bowl. The bowl is most satisfactory, very good sound and is being used with a substitute cushion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bowl, Beautiful sound, January 24, 2012
I had this bowl on my wish list; I love the sound of Tibetan singing bowls. My sister bought it for my for my birthday and I couldn't be more pleased. The sound is amazing - soft and resonant. The tone makes me so happy inside.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not properly made, April 29, 2012

There were ink blotches all over the clear parts of metal (and they wouldn't clean out), there seemed to be unusual depressions in the inner and outer center, were the bowl was "turned". Therefore, i can not call it beautiful. Definitely not at all suitable for a present.

The sound was very dull and had a lot of rattle to it, as if the bowl was very much out of balance.
No it was not due to poor wooden striker. I used my own to try and see if it made any difference in sound.
I own a few singing bowls (though none in this price range), and never experienced this before as i always picked them up in person. Perhaps it's just not a great idea to buy them online.

In any case, there was one thing i did like about the bowl - it's weight. It was slightly heavier then another bowl i own in similar size.

Again, it is possible i got a "lemon", but this bowl didn't seem to get much love. I'm sorry to say i will be sending it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, July 24, 2011
M. A. Consta "Happy Mamma" (Chesapeake Beach, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This bowl is of the best craftmenship and it sounds awesome. I just love it. It was a perfect addition to my meditation room. The tone and quality can't be beat, especially for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really liked the bowl., February 11, 2012
Loved the bowl, great sound. May want to replace the striker, not as smooth a sound with it. But really love the bowl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this singing bowl!, December 26, 2011
I got this singing bowl for my fiance, who is completely in love with it. :) Sounds beautiful, brings happiness to each day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bowl, poor wooden striker, September 6, 2011
I got the product in good shape and the bowl is beatiful. The wooden striker is not though, so you may have to find other means to strike the bowl.

4.0 out of 5 stars SOUNDS GREAT!!!, December 24, 2011
BUCKY B (Your moms house) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a secret Santa gift and it turned out to be a great idea!!! It sounded great and it arrived very fast. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because the prayer flags smelled bad!! Other that that, It was a really cool and well crafted bowl.

3.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps a good "starter bowl"?, May 30, 2014
This bowl is very attractive, and quite sturdy, but quite a bit larger and heavier than I expected. The rim is fairly thick, so the bowl makes a beautiful striking tone as soon as the mallet touches it. The rim tone is also lovely, and it’s fairly easy to make “sing”. However, the wooden mallet doesn’t seem completely smooth and frequently causes a “skip”. And because it resounds at the slightest contact, it often makes striking tones even during the circling process.

I am also accustomed to bowls that you have to “work” at a little—part of the concentrating/calming process. However, I have also seen many people become frustrated trying to get one to “work”. (lol) So all-in-all, I think this might be a good “starter bowl”? But I would prefer something a little smaller and more “delicate”.

(Oddly enough, my first bowl purchase was an adorable little size; but the description did not note “not intended for use as a traditional singing bowl”. Oh well… Both of these are just a lovely excuse to search for a third!)

Exquisite 4 Inch Tibetan Singing Bowl Made in Nepal with Wooden Striker