4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bedcover but Needs Minor Improvement
I bought this solid fold cover to travel across the country with my bed loaded with boxes, and I didn't trust a fabric cover to keep my items secured. I will state that overall I like this cover but it is not perfect.

Published 5 months ago by BG

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disapointed
This cover is really easy to install and convenient when folded up. It also provides safe storage with a locking tailgate. However, the version I have leaks in heavy rain so I have to be careful not to haul anything that will be damaged by water. I like the design but wish it was water proof.
Published 13 months ago by Richard Shanley

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bedcover but Needs Minor Improvement, August 28, 2014
This review is from: Extang 56645 Solid Fold Tonneau Cover (Automotive)

I ran this through a car wash (bed empty) and had a little bit of water leak into the bed. It only leaked around the two joints on each side, and only within 6 inches of the side of the bed. Not enough that I would worry if I had anything in the bed, but I would avoid putting more valuable items towards the sides of the bed. It rained pretty heavily the following week (truck sat in the driveway and was driven around town) and I didn't have any noticeable water leak into the bed. I loaded the bed with boxes and other items and drove across the country. I encountered, heavy rain, dust, and mud during my dive. I didn't have any water leak into the bed during my trip. I did however have dust and rocks in the bed, but only on items close to the edge of the bed. It didn't ruin any items but it was worth noting. I drove over some dirt roads, and overall pretty horrible paved roads (lots of pot holes, and bumps). I think the center part of the bed cover lifted up driving over these roads (the front and back of the bed cover are secured to the bed but the center of the cover is not secured). I would give this five stars (assuming no water or rocks got into the bed) if this had another secure point in the middle fold.

Pros:
Keeps items in your bed more secure than fabric tri-fold/rolling bed covers
You can load plenty of stuff on top of this cover (they say you can put a 4 wheeler on top but I haven't tried)
Water resistant
Easy to put on and take of the bed

Cons:
Expensive (but any solid fold cover is going to be expensive)
Doesn't have a secure point in the center fold allowing dust and debris in while driving over bumps

Overall, great bed cover but needs another secure point in the center.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extang Solid Fold + Amazon = AWESOME!, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Extang 56645 Solid Fold Tonneau Cover (Automotive)
Knew I wanted this Extang Solid Fold product and Amazon made it easy! The Extang Solid Fold is high quality, great looking, and very durable. Amazon provided on-line sizing options to determine which Sollid Fold model was right for my truck. Delivery was scheduled with a 3hr arrival window and the delivery team (CEVA) showed up in the first 30 minutes. Great product and awesome buying experience. Will highly recommend to all family and friends. Keep up the great work Extang Solid Fold and Amazon!

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disapointed, January 1, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Extang Solid Fold Cover, July 14, 2013
This review is from: Extang 56645 Solid Fold Tonneau Cover (Automotive)
Love this tonneau cover, would get 5 stars if you could open it from both ends, but still, it's the best one for the money and the easiest to install.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, June 22, 2013
This review is from: Extang 56645 Solid Fold Tonneau Cover (Automotive)
Very nice product! Installation and removal is ridiculously easy. Removal takes about 1 minute (literally) and installation takes a couple of minutes longer just to ensure you have it aligned correctly. Both of these tasks can be done without too much effort by one person. It can be removed and folded up quite nicely for storage as well. I have taken it through an automatic car wash, a do-it-yourself carwash and it has yet to leak. My only dislike is that the top of the cover seems to dent very easily...I wouldn't dare step on the top of it because I would be afraid it would dent horribly.

Extang 56645 Solid Fold Tonneau Cover