|Item Weight||0.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7 x 2.9 x 1.3 inches|
|Item model number||407123|
|Batteries||6 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||1 year for meter, 6 months for probe|
|National Stock Number||6660-01-469-6037|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Extech 407123 Hot Wire Thermo Anemometer
|Price:||$290.58 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$148.42 (34%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Telescoping probe is designed to fit into HVAC ducts and small openings
- Probe extends to 4 feet (1.22m)
- Measuring range 40 to 3940 feet/minute
- Choice of readings in feet/min, meters/second, kM/hour, MPH or knots
- Min/Max and Data Hold
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Hot Wire Thermo-Anemometer
This Heavy Duty Hot Wire Thermo-Anemometer uses a telescoping probe (extends up to four feet) with a 0.5 inch diameter sensor that's ideal for use in ducts and ventilating systems.
- HVAC installation, repair, diagnostics, and optimization
- Positive pressure tests in clean rooms
- Fume hood testing, installation, and verification
- Automobile engines analysis, passenger compartment tests, and aerodynamic testing
- Ionizer flow output monitoring
- Ventilation system installation, servicing, and analysis
- Environmental wind and temperature testing/analysis
- Boiler rooms
- Plant/Facilities Maintenance.
- Large, 1.4 inch dual LCD simultaneously displays Air Velocity (ft/min. m/sec, km/h, MPH, knots) and Temperature up to 122 degrees F
- Additional functions include Data Hold, Min/Max, and a Zero function for the display
- The built-in RS-232 interface can be used with optional Data Acquisition software (407001) or an optional datalogger (380340) to capture and download measurements to your PC for further analysis
What’s In The Box:
- telescoping probe with cable
- Protective holster
- Six AAA batteries
- User manual
How Does An Anemometer Measure Moving Air?
Anemometers measure moving air with a rotary sensor that acts very much like a weathervane and can be likened to the blades of a fan. The vane freely rotates in response to airflow, and as the air moves through the vane the blades turn in proportion to the speed of the air.
What Is CFM / CMM?
Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM) or Cubic Meters per Minute (CMM) are units of measure for air volume measurements. This is a measurement of the quantity of moving air through an air duct, passageway, or enclosure. In order to determine this, the area of the duct must be measured. The area value (in ft2 or m2) is entered by the user, by pushbutton or keypad into the meter and an air velocity is determined.
What Is The Difference Between Vane And Hot-Wire Anemometers?
Vane Anemometers use a remote fan (vane) that freely rotates in response to air flow. The vane movement equates to air velocity readings that can be displayed on a meter. The Hot Wire Anemometer sensor is a special wire whose resistance fluctuations are translated into air velocity readings that can be displayed on a meter.
Which Applications Are Best For Vane And Hot-Wire Types?
Hot-Wire Anemometers offer a slim sensor (0.5" diameter), well suited for accessing small openings and crevices (engine compartments and small ventilating systems). Hot-Wire Anemometers don’t have vulnerable, movable mechanical parts that can wear or become damaged over time. Vane Anemometers are lower cost and allow easy visual inspection of the moving vane (great for air duct and fume hood applications).
Hot Wire CFM/CMM Thermo-Anemometer
Heavy Duty CFM Hot Wire Thermo-Anemometer uses a telescoping probe (extends up to three feet) that's ideal for use in ducts and ventilating systems. It can accurately measure Air Flow (CFM/CMM), Air Velocity and Temperature. Air Flow can be displayed as an instantaneous value or up to a 20-point average. Additional functions include: Data Hold, Min/Max, and Auto power off. The built-in RS-232 interface can be used with optional Data Acquisition software (407001) or an optional datalogger (380340) to capture and download measurements to your PC for further analysis. Comes complete with telescoping probe with 5.5-foot cable and four AA batteries.
Hot Wire Thermo-Anemometer/Datalogger
Records data on an SD card in MS Excel format. Air Velocity/Air Flow meter with telescoping probe designed to fit into HVAC ducts and other small openings. Telescoping probe extends up to 7.05ft (215cm) maximum length with cable. Adjustable data sampling rate: 1 to 3600 seconds. You can manually store/recall up to 99 readings and automatically datalog up to 20M readings via 2G SD card. Type K/J Thermocouple input for high temperature measurements (optional probe required). Large (9999 count) LCD displays Air Velocity or Air Flow and Temperature simultaneously. Record/Recall MIN, MAX, Data Hold and Auto power off. Built-in PC interface. Complete with six AA batteries, SD card, telescoping probe with cable, and hard carrying case