Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on January 9, 2015
Beware, I followed an Amazon "Frequently Bought Together" suggestion but this cable is not compatible with Foscam FI9821W V2,
camera has smaller connectors on both sides than this cable has.
on January 10, 2015
Even though the description of the product says the cable is compatible with the camera FI9821W that is NOT true. The cable is bigger and does not fit the camera or the original power plug!
11 comment10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2013
This is just a simple extension cord, but is well build, it works fine, and thanks to Amazon, got it in just 2 days. Would recommend.
on April 21, 2014
What can you say about a power extension cable, except that it works. I deducted 1 star because they are overpriced
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 12, 2014
Works well and provides the extra length to get the camera from outlet to wherever it is we want to set it. Deducted a couple stars because I don't think we received a new product. It was tossed into a baggy without any item documentation included and placed into the box along with the camera I bought and another item.
on October 27, 2015
This cable works great on allowing me to extend my foscam camera. I have two of these cables as I have two cameras within the house and the length is plenty long for me to connect my original cable to it and to my camera. Have had no issues with these cables and my cameras work with no issues.
review image
on January 21, 2016
Ok, be assured that when I write a review, it's a safe review you can trust. I hate a review that isn't honest, even on something as basic as a cord.

This is a 10 ft extension power cable cord for ip cameras. (5v in this case, not sure it would work with others or not)
Pros
1. It's a nice long cord.
2. The connections are clean
3. The cord is solid
4. It's realitivly flexible.

Cons.
1. Cord length 9 ft 10 inches.
2. Tip that goes into camera was slightly long.

The Rest of the story. (For those who want more details)
I used this cord on a lefun ip camera that is common to a LOT of them out there.

Pro #1 and Con #1 are combined here. For my application I didn't need a cord this long, but I'd rather have to much then not enough. In this case the cord is 9' 10" which if you need and paid for a 10' cord, it really should be 10' So just be aware of that.
Pro #2 I carefully examined both connections and they were clean, they slid in and fit tight without forcing or being loose. They looked good. The female end was sharp (not sure how to word this) very straight. And what I mean by that is that it wasn't slightly rounded on the outside, this doesn't matter but just thought I'd mention it.
Pro#3 the cord itself feels tough and is smooth, no wire showing thru the plastic like the cheap extension cords with thin outer casing. The cable is good and I think it will take abrasions as well as any cable of this sort would.
Pro #4 the cord is flexible enough. It's not super soft so you won't get really great turns but it's solid and will bend enough if you needed a good 90. I think you could pull it thru holes safely without worry of it ripping or coming apart.

Con#1 see pro/con #1. Basically it's not as long as it says it is, this is kind of normal, a 2x4 isn't 2 inches anymore either. So if you need exaclty 10 ft, the cord I got wouldn't work for you.
Con #2 the plug went into the camera but it does stick out slightly, if you have a really tight instillation this could be an issue for you as its slightly longer then the original in my camera. It won't hurt you as its the neg and your not going to get the positive in contact as well. You just see a tiny bit of silver. It's really not a problem but I wanted to make sure you knew.

All in all its a good cord in my opinion, I did receive it as a discounted rate, but I'm sure you can see from my honesty that this isn't a factor in my reviews.

It really is nice to have the added length as the origional cord was to short and this makes the connection much better.

I took a picture so you could see the longer cable tip, it's barely noticible, but so you know. I could show you the whole cord, but not really helpful.

It seems to be a good one. I'm happy.
review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2014
It works just fine with Foscam cameras - Great to extend your camera to places where you don't have a power outlet nearby and don't want a bulky extension hanging around.
on March 30, 2014
I'm happy with my purchase, and have already used the cabe with success. A purchase that was well worth the investment. I would recommend this product.
on July 2, 2014
Great way to reach the camera and place it on top of furniture out of the way without having to worry about hanging it.