5.0 out of 5 stars It Works
Went ahead and ordered two sets of these extension cables to span a living room and even though the item description states they don't work with the Retro Duo console I encountered no compatibility issues with my own.
Published on August 11, 2012 by Somatic

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy
Published 21 months ago by elizabeth kay cook

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, August 11, 2012
Somatic (Washington State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gen 2 x Extension Cable for Super Nintendo SNES Controller (Video Game)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, March 19, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I took a chance on these, since they were crazy cheap and there were no reviews. I'm happy to say I wasn't disappointed. They work perfectly with my original Super Nintendo. I've seen SNES extension cables going for five to ten bucks apiece, but there's no need to waste your money; we're not exactly talking cutting-edge technology here. They're controller extensions. They either work, or they don't. These do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdily built and work even with two chained together, April 26, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased these because I wanted to be able to play some of my SNES RPGs while on the elliptical in the evenings. It worked. I was pleasantly surprised to find that both of them worked and were well constructed.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy, June 7, 2013
Tried using the extension controllers to play donkey kong country 2 on snes and i could not jump into the air. the button that you press to jump kept making the second monkey hop onto the primary monkeys back. I ordered 2 sets of extension cables and this happened with both sets. when i removed the extension cables and played with the regular controllers i did not have this problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, April 12, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I sit back about 8ft when gaming on my custom HTPC on the BIG screen. These 2 extension cords is the answer!
NES and SNES emulators are gaming heaven with my Japanese Snes controllers.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, March 20, 2014
These work great. never had any problems. I wish they had more wireless options back then but these work great for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking for extension cords, these are your final stop!, September 14, 2014
These are amazing extension cords! It's easy to plug and unplug controllers from these cords, and it's easy to plug and unplug from the SNES. It has a snug fit in the SNES port, and thus to remove it requires some force. I could easily count that as a good thing.

These extension cords are reminiscent of SNES extension cords I used as a boy, and as somebody who's a bit of a deluxe-buff, that's always a compliment. Kudos to Global Game Gear for yet again setting the bar to astronamical heights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great option for extension, February 2, 2015
This extension cable makes it way easier to play the Super Nintendo without having to be very close to the television.
Extension cable does not cause lag in gameplay. This makes a great option for any old school gamer. You can get this or a wireless controller. If you want the experience of the original SNES controller, this is a good option.

Would I recommend this item to someone else?
Yes, it works properly and is a great option

5.0 out of 5 stars They work Great, July 10, 2014
Extends a controllers reach across about any room in a household and with no delay. The cables are not weak and flimsy either, just about the same as the controllers themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, July 4, 2014
Work great. Now my girlfriend and I can play Mario on the bigscreen from bed. Helped start a weekly Saturday morning Mario marathon ritual in our house.

Gen 2 x Extension Cable for Super Nintendo SNES Controller