Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
External Keyboard Does anyone know of an external keyboard - either bluetooth or USB - other than the Acer, that will work with the A100? I bought a Logitech bluetooth and it would not work. Any ideas? I would prefer something fairly small or foldable.
asked by Debra on December 18, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I contacted Acer tech support and was told the only external keyboard that works with the A100 is the keyboard Acer sells.
Debra answered on December 19, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
USB keyboards will not work with this tablet. The tablet must have USB host capability and the current firmware does not support it. Maybe when ICS comes out . . . but until then, you will need a bluetooth keyboard.
Diknak answered on January 9, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have this one that works like a charm with my Coby Kyros Tablet: HDE® 7" Tablet Stand with USB Keyboard - Black Faux Leather Carrying Case
(and even though it's really cheap the case is well made and so far the keyboard feels/performs well. )

Haven't tried it yet with my Acer Iconia A100 yet---it's still wrapped and under the tree. ;o)
But I'll come back and update after Christmas if you haven't found a keyboard by then....
Hillbillie answered on December 23, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Did you get it to work? That is the exact keyboard I got for the Acer A100 and can't get it to work.
S. Blake answered on December 27, 2011

A
No, I'm sad to say that I didn't---not that I could even TEST it, because the usb plug that fits the Iconia is MUCH smaller than the mini usb adapter that came with the Kyros---which is the only mini USB adapter that I have on hand at the moment.
The Iconia needs a MICRO USB... which is what it used on a lot of cell phones. I guess I should have read the manual after all and I'd have had one on hand to test with. *lol*
Hillbillie answered on December 27, 2011

A
The micro-usb port on the Acer A100 is not a host port. The only thing you can use it for is to connect the Acer to your PC and move things to or from the SD card.
~Nightshadow~ answered on September 15, 2012

A
I bought this one, and it works:

http://www.frys.com/product/6678364?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

It says it is for Apple products, but it works with the Acer A100 as well. Mine is running ICS, don't know if that makes a difference or not.

You have to use a bluetooth keyboard, USB keyboards will not work since the A100's USB port cannot act as a "host."
JC answered on October 4, 2012
Comments (3) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product