- File Size: 1143 KB
- Print Length: 340 pages
- Publication Date: March 28, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004UBFVPO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,196 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $7.00 (54%)
Extinction (Star Force Series Book 2) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 340 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
Audible NarrationAudible Narration: Ready
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Book 2 of 12 in Star Force Series (12 Book Series)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
For more information check out the author's Homepage: BVLarson.com
Amazon Author Rankbeta(What's this?)
Top Customer Reviews
If you need a comparison to something else, I'd say Extinction feels a bit like Heinlein's Starship Troopers, mixed in with a bit of Poul Anderson's The High Crusade. (Yes - it's an old school sci-fi feel, with a thoroughly modern take.)
Characters are shallow. The female lead bounces into the room to kiss or slap the protagonist several times. And of course she is hot with long tanned legs. This is fine but she is now a love toy not a person. Depth is needed on all the characters.
Enjoyable light, and I stress the light, read at a good price. I would have really loved this when I was 13. And that describes the book best for me.
I describe it as pulp fiction and that is no insult, this is play reading and as important as the great works in their own way. Just wish it was a bit deeper.
But let me tell you this was a great read and I highly recommend it to anyone who even remotely enjoyed the first book. Also my concerns with ethe start of the first book was not even a consideration with this book. This one started with a bang that continued on the whole book.
The Deposed King
Again, the price made this a quick, fun read...but the unrealized potential this author has left me feeling rather empty before the final page. I am continuing in the Amber Magic series and can see that Larson has some difficulty keeping a handful of characters interacting in a manor that contiues to add depth while being believable and consistant, but I really think the potential is there. I hope to see a Lason novel someday that took 1-2 years to write, and leaves me happy paying $7 for.
Unfortunately, those are all the same character. The writer doesn't effectively communicate why the single character has to do all the designing himself without any input from professionals (besides ... distrust?). Nor does the writer actually tell much of the systems design story. And why does the single character have to do all these jobs again? And why do they fail so completely in their logistical vision? Why don't they use their magical nano-material to extract the material they need from Earth mines? Or from hazardous waste sites? Or from nuclear reactor waste? Or from the nuked-to-hell South American terrain? Or from asteroids?
Oh they can use the magic nano-material to extend power, communications, and sensors through tunnels? Clearly they'll use the stuff as a scouting material instead of sacrificing Marines as ... no? Wait, why not? And if they have to send Marine scouts, why don't they connect them with power and communications via long streams of nano material?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Extinction is the continuing story that takes the reader through the Macros and Earth forces getting to the goal destination which is a strangely populated planet to satisfy the... Read morePublished 6 days ago by DeniseG
B.V. Larson writes some pretty crazy stuff and all of his books are worth a read!Published 8 days ago by Johnny
This book was even better than the first deafly started to pick up the last book was going slow going but this one made it worthwhilePublished 13 days ago by Amazon Customer
Very enjoyable, i really like the kindle unlimited so I can read or listen.Published 15 days ago by URIAH F PRESTON
Great new addition to the series looking forward to the entire story well composed and presented by the author thanksPublished 1 month ago by Pat&mike
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Is it too demanding to ask for another... now?!||
Hello PT and Jason,
It takes a while to write a book guys, but I am working on REBELLION.
Apr 14, 2011 by B. Larson | See all 8 posts
|How does it compare to "The Lost Fleet" series?||
BV Larson's Star Force series is in a league of its own. This series (and many of his books) revolves around a protagonist desperately trying to deal with surrounding events. His writing is fast-paced and entertaining, but the most fascinating part of this series is its premise - one of the... Read More
May 14, 2011 by Amazon Customer | See all 3 posts
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Technothrillers
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Hard Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Technothrillers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Hard Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine