5.0 out of 5 stars second time to buy
This is the second time I've bought this product. Works great in Oxo salt grinder. Adds great variety of flavor to food by giving foods different taste depending on how small the salt crystals are.
Published on July 29, 2011 by J. G. Rowinsky

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful When Ordering This!
Published 14 months ago by SephoraPrincess

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful When Ordering This!, December 29, 2013
This review is from: Extra Coarse Sea Salt, 1 lb. (Misc.)
I have been ordering Barry Farm's Coarse Sea Salt for years through the same link without incident. I even double checked that nothing had changed before placing a new order (it still showed the Barry Farms picture along with the Barry Farm name next to who is providing the product). It took two long weeks to arrive, and when it did, I knew from the moment that I saw the bag that something was wrong. This is not by Barry Farms, and it's an extra coarse sea salt from Wincrest Foods instead! Tiny crystals in a smaller bag (a completely different type and brand).

I contacted the seller immediately to make them aware of this issue (Wincrest Bulk Foods) and they never replied leaving me to my own devices for a remedy. Amazon thankfully issued a gift card in the amount of my order, but I am still without the correct order that I placed, and am now out of sea salt for my OXO Salt grinder. Be warned.....

Update:

I left honest seller feedback on what happened here, and ironically enough, the company in question (Wincrest Bulk Foods), who did not have the time to even get back to me on the fact that they sent me the wrong brand and product that I had paid for, suddenly made time to leave a response to my seller feedback, which was stunning. They stated that I was confused and never ordered salt, but some other God forsaken item, that I had never even heard of, let alone purchased! They out and out lied (that was a new low out here)! They were trying to divert what they did by making it appear as if I were some, confused, buyer, and they did nothing wrong! This is why I try soooo hard to buy from Amazon only when at all possible.

Since there was no way for me to reply to this outrageous lie under their feedback section, I immediately removed the feedback entirely as it was useless now, and contacted Amazon along with Wincrest Bulk Foods, showing each a screenshot of the lie that was just left out by them under my honest and accurate feedback, Additionally, I also sent a screenshot from my Amazon account showing exactly what I had ordered on that day, and it showed Barry Farm's Coarse Sea Salt by Barry Farm's! So this is how some of these companies deflect the truth under thier feedback section....interesting.

I finally receive an e-mail from Wincrest Bulkfoods admitting that it was an error on their part, and that they had confused my order with someone else's under their feedback section (ya think) and that they removed it (another lie, as I removed the whole thing after I got a screen shot of it first)! The representative apologized for the mess, and promised gift card or not, they were sending me the Barry Farm Coarse Sea Salt I had ordered, and had been waiting on now for nearly 6 weeks!

I thanked them for the gesture, and told them that I would await what I had ordered. It's been almost three weeks now (and they offered this AFTER my product review here, which had been posted days prior, so it's not like I can even rationalize this as a reason for them to lie and not come through yet again), but here I am still without what I ordered! I was told that I would receive my Barry Farm's Sea Salt in a week, and that was nearly three weeks ago. I have looked and looked and there are no other vendors as of this writing, who are selling this form of Barry Farm Sea Salt for grinders here at Amazon but these people. :(

To say that this company cannot be trusted would be an understatement! They give new meaning to outrageous and flaky! I will have to look around online, and get it somewhere else. Ridiculous!

P.S. I see other new reviews now to my left and right peppered in here and there with others stating that the same thing just happened to them with this company (Wincrest Bulk Foods). They did not get Barry Farm's Coarse Sea Salt either. After looking through my Amazon account at all the other orders I have placed over the years for this wonderful product, I see that Wincrest Bulk Foods has never been the vendor before (no wonder, as I had never had any issues in ordering this before). Also rather interesting is that just today, all of a sudden, Wincrest Bulk Foods name has been replaced with shipped and sold by Barry Farm directly (it showed Wincrest Bulk Foods as the seller of Barry Farm Coarse Sea Salt for some time now.....up until today), but I spoke with Barry Farm directly today, and it is not them making this available to Amazon directly, so these people are rather slick (and of course they and their Lacky's won't much like this review). I'll bet.......! Slick and spooky at the same time. Just Google Barry Farm, and you will get their web site to make sure you are getting what you ordered directly (and they are even cheaper, and you won't wait weeks for the wrong product to arrive)! Word!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not "extra coarse", February 3, 2014
This review is from: Extra Coarse Sea Salt, 1 lb. (Misc.)
The title says "extra coarse sea salt" but what a received was not very coarse at all. It wasn't fine either, but more of a "just barely coarse." I got this to put in a salt grinder and this still works, but it wasn't what is shown in the picture or described.

5.0 out of 5 stars second time to buy, July 29, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent taste, February 18, 2009
DeeCheJon (Sicklerville, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Extra Coarse Sea Salt, 1 lb. (Misc.)
This is a very good tasting salt especially on freshly popped popcorn. I use it in everything. I no longer use the regular table salt becuase this just really enhances food without the metallic taste of table salt or the somtimes to salty taste table salt has. You will think your food was prepared by a fine dine chef. Buy a non-corrosive grinder to use this salt and you will never use table salt again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Completely different from my last order, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Extra Coarse Sea Salt, 1 lb. (Misc.)
What I received was not what I ordered, nor what the picture shows. It's from a different company, and the granule size is much much smaller, barely larger than Morton's Kosher Salt from the local grocery store. I will not be ordering this again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Barry farms, February 10, 2014
This review is from: Extra Coarse Sea Salt, 1 lb. (Misc.)
This is good salt but it is not Barry farms like the picture. I was refunded my money better to get it from Barry farms website

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, August 18, 2012
Wallix (Winter Garden, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Extra Coarse Sea Salt, 1 lb. (Misc.)
After shipping charges, this items' price isn't too far off from what you could find a similar bag of grinding-salt for at Bed Bath & Beyond. I've been very happy so far and this is not that damp salt. It's perfectly dry and works great in my (Oxo) grinder.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's salt, July 23, 2013
This review is from: Extra Coarse Sea Salt, 1 lb. (Misc.)
I found that this is what I expected it to be; salt. I am not completely sure how a person would rate and review a bag of salt but I found it to be... salty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra does bring an extra taste!, January 25, 2013
This review is from: Extra Coarse Sea Salt, 1 lb. (Misc.)
For an extra taste, the extra coarse sea salt is great for any meal. It amplifies any taste and goes well with other salts such as Sayulita Sea Salt - Organic Coarse - 16 oz - by RealGoodSalt. What really gives this salt taste is the oil used in the product that turned out to be a distinct for the product. This salt is indeed a must have for anyone to add just something else to their meal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely stopped my electric grinder!, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Extra Coarse Sea Salt, 1 lb. (Misc.)
I read the reviews. Some had issues with size of the crystals, but those who had electric grinders seemed to be okay with the size. My Kaloric grinder came to a complete stop, and I thought I had ruined it. Was very happy to see that when I removed the salt, the grinder worked again.

Extra Coarse Sea Salt, 1 lb.
$8.99