5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Dang Good!
Published 24 months ago by J. Hyde

1.0 out of 5 stars It NO longer tastes like it did when it first came out
Published 19 months ago by Teresa

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Dang Good!, August 24, 2012
J. Hyde (Iowa City, IA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Extra Dessert Delights Sugarfree Gum Root Beer Float Flavored Gum Ten 15 Stick Packs (Misc.)
I'm a big gum chewer but I don't really like the taste of mint, so that limits about 75% of the options out there for me. I mostly chew fruit flavored gum and have recently enjoyed the other gums in the "Dessert Delights" series, with Orange Cream Pop becoming my go-to choice lately. I was excited to see this new flavor introduced since I love the taste of actual root beer floats. I bought a single pack to try it out, and was really impressed! In my opinion it tastes just like a root beer float (or as much as a stick of gum could) and now I chew it exclusively. I'm on Amazon today to buy a 10-pack pack, if that says anything about my satisfaction. I will admit that it doesn't last too long, maybe 5 minutes or so before the flavor starts waning and in 20 minutes you're chewing on flavorless rubber. However, in my experience most non-mint flavored gums don't last much longer than that anyway.

1.0 out of 5 stars It NO longer tastes like it did when it first came out, January 22, 2013
Teresa (Livingston County, NY) - See all my reviews
I used to LOVE this gum, it used to taste just like a root beer float. I'd buy it in bulk because I chewed so much of it. I just purchased 4 packs today and opened a pack on the way home, and the first though that came to me was "EWE...this tastes like...medicine!" I spit it out almost right away. After reading the reviews, I'd agree with JustMKollum on the basis that it does taste like Pepto Bismol. I will not buy this gum anymore. I used to LOVE their Orange Cream too until something changed, so I switched to this flavor. Thank you Wrigley's...I will now move onto another flavor and/or another brand that has consistant great flavor.

5.0 out of 5 stars chewing gum, February 25, 2013
This is a very different flavor.I like the taste. The flavor last a very long time. I like it very much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my #1 fav but def top 10 gums, February 16, 2013
I was Cashing out in Target today when I saw this gum so I decided what the heck, it's only $0.99 I only live once. I grabbed two packs just in case I was over the moon about it. First let me say I wasn't aware it was Root beer, I loathe root beer! I had thought it was some kind of other float like a chocolate shake float or something. I got home tore the pack open, saw it was Root Beer and chewed a stick of it anyways just because it smelled so good. Here's the skinny...

Pros:

1) Not sure why but I fancy how the pack looks

2) I am a root beer HATER so the fact this flavor is not overpoweringly strong is a bonus to me

3) It's a nice soft gum, I don't care much for harder gums

3) It smells awesome

4) It's sugar free!!!

5) Low cost

Cons:

Like some other people have stated the flavor isn't much of a marathon runner, for that you want to chew a stick of 5 gum but I will definitely be chewing this gum more.

Bottom line...

You either love it or hate it. No middle ground on this one and it IS an acquired taste. I like it's a Root Beer flavor I can tolerate and it smells darned good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes like Pepto Bismol, July 24, 2012
The flavor is alright. It has a slight, slight taste of Root Beer and ice cream, but that only lasts a few seconds. As I chew the gum longer, it starts to taste like Pepto Bismol the most. It's not the worst gum I've chewed on, but it's not the best either.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh. Not great, May 2, 2013
Jboshea (Denver, CO United States) - See all my reviews
We like the dessert gums, but this one wasn't too good. Flavor is gone super quick and not much to start with. Prefer the orange over is. Would not buy root beer again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, February 19, 2013
This is a great flavor. Tastes like the real thing. Good for any age. Give it a try. Buy it today.

3.0 out of 5 stars Flavor fades quilckly..., December 18, 2012
Not as good as other dessert gum flavors I ike the apple pie and lime particularly well This flavor is not a "hit."

1.0 out of 5 stars Little Root Beer flavor, October 31, 2012
I picked up a pack because I thought "what could be better than Root Beer Float" gum?

Well, anything, apparently. The gum has very little root beer flavor. Coupled with the fact that the sweetness overpowers the flavor, it's just terrible.

5.0 out of 5 stars For rootbeer lovers only!, October 14, 2012
I love this gum, but I'm a root beer fan, so this taste just like a root beer float to me. BUT, I have had my Mom and son try it, and they did not cared much for it, but neither are root beer fans. It's sweet enough for me, but they both said the flavor was not strong enough for them. (Keep in mind they both love peppermint gum - a very strong flavor.)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›