5.0 out of 5 stars Produce Disks
These are wonderful! They keep produce market fresh and prevent the drying out that frost-free refrigerators cause. My only mistake was in not buying two, because I have two vegetable bins. This was a small investment that pays back by keeping fruits and vegetables fresh and crisp.
Published on March 31, 2007 by Neev

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good value--see this alternative
Regardless of whether you think the disks work, this isn't a good value. One disk for $6. Instead, look at the set of 3 disks for $13.95 sold by Amazon through LaPrima Shops, and qualifies for the same free shipping as a normal Amazon order over $25.

The disks are identical. I ought to know. I made the mistake of ordering both.

ExtraLife Produce...
Published on May 20, 2009 by Michael E. McGown

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Produce Disks, March 31, 2007
Neev (Woodinville, Washington) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Works likes magic!, November 13, 2007
This review is from: Extra Life Produce Saver Disk, Single (Kitchen)
Extra life extends 3 times as long for lettuces, cilantro, celery, etc.. I'm using THIRD replacement. I'm even including as holiday gifts for close family members.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as directed., January 14, 2007
J. Crisci (American Canyon, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Extra Life Produce Saver Disk, Single (Kitchen)
My produce keep so fresh in my refrigerator using these Produce Disks.

I highly recommend them if you aren't able to use your produce quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, April 19, 2008
This review is from: Extra Life Produce Saver Disk, Single (Kitchen)
I really enjoy this product and it really does what it says - adds life to your produce. It actually saves money since the produce lasts a little longer. All you do is place it in your crisper drawer and you're done! I have already told my friends about it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good value--see this alternative, May 20, 2009
This review is from: Extra Life Produce Saver Disk, Single (Kitchen)

The disks are identical. I ought to know. I made the mistake of ordering both.

ExtraLife Produce Preserver Disks - Set of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Fruit and veggie keeper, June 9, 2008
This review is from: Extra Life Produce Saver Disk, Single (Kitchen)
Works well. Extends the life of produce by two weeks. I am very happy with this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Saves bags and wastes plastic, April 22, 2009
This review is from: Extra Life Produce Saver Disk, Single (Kitchen)
I have made the switch from plastic produce bags to cloth and bought this product to extend the life of my produce. While it works, sadly the plastic is not refillable or recyclable. I have found another product that is refillable the EGG or the Ethylene Gas Guardian. It does the same thing and is refillable. I cannot believe that the instruction say to throw away the plastic disk and that it isn't even recyclable. The color may be green but this product isn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars This works!!!, February 17, 2009
This review is from: Extra Life Produce Saver Disk, Single (Kitchen)
I bought this just because! Actually i was sick of using green bags that didn't work and losing my lettuce after a couple days! This was very inexpensive and i figured i may as well try it. I was so surprised it actually worked!! My lettuce is crispy and fresh after a week. Don't hesitate to buy this one! Wonderful!! Saves money and works!! It's 2 months later (suprise!!) and i swear i still have baby carrots in my crisper with this product and they still taste fresh and crunchy!!! This is the best invention since sliced bread!! haha! Do not hesitate at all!!!!!! Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Will always keep on in my refrigerator!, December 6, 2008
This review is from: Extra Life Produce Saver Disk, Single (Kitchen)
It works great, and I won't be without this anymore. I dropped one in my crisper drawer and kept a cucumber in there for 3 1/2 weeks before I decided to toss it. I wanted to see how long it would last. Usually 10 days would be the most. Everything else has lasted much longer than it did before. I bought a large box of grape tomatoes that are on the shelf above the drawer, and they have lasted much longer than before. I bought a bunch for Christmas presents also.

5.0 out of 5 stars ExtraLife Fruit and Veggie Keeper lives up to the promise, March 20, 2009
This review is from: Extra Life Produce Saver Disk, Single (Kitchen)
I've used these for several years now, and recently life just got really busy and I kept forgetting to order new ones. So, there I was yesterday trying to figure out why the carrots kept going limp, and the lettuce brown. The lightbulb came on ( hurray! better late than never ) and I'm on amazon tonight reordering the ExtraLife discs. They really do work as advertised and save me a lot of money on limp, wilted and tossed produce.
Simple to use, you just write the date 3 months hence on the bottom,so you know when they're finished ( and time to get right online and order new ones ) and toss them into the bins.
These really are a cost effective solution to limp, lame produce.
visit my blog at: [...]